banshee advice neded

barefoot bob

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard a lot of grief from former customers of Trinity's, and they did me no favors when I was getting their mod clutch kit for an LT-80 years ago. Rudy @ Port Magic has a great name, also a place called FAST (Farm and Sand Toys) Racing gets a bunch kudos on another website (Banshee HQ), I have never spoken with Jeff (FAST) but used his input on my 'shee from Banshee HQ.

No,it did not bog at all.alot more top end.ocean03 has those carbs now,i have 34mm's now.i think it ran better with the bored carbs.

phelan i noticed you have a pred and a banshee what mods does it have and does it spank yami 450s??

Edited by bearfoot bob

Port and polish.34mmcarbs,coolhead with 18cc domes.i beat about 80% of the 450's out there.still get spanked by arron and chuck.those 450's are fast.

no pipe ??? and you say your bike was faster on 30 mm carbs?? mine is bone stock im trying to get an overall idea how i want to do this

Edited by bearfoot bob

I'm running Toomey T6's with Northphelan's old set of 30mm carbs. It made a huge difference on mid and top end. Thought it would bog on low end, but suprisingly have a little more pull out of the gate. Other than that, everything else is all bolt on.

Edited by Ocean03

i have fmf sst pipes.

i was told the faTTIES WERE A GOOD ALL AROUND PIPE IS IT TRUE ???

I'm running Toomey T6's with Northphelan's old set of 30mm carbs. It made a huge difference on mid and top end. Thought it would bog on low end, but suprisingly have a little more pull out of the gate. Other than that, everything else is all bolt on.

WHAT DID YOU BOLT ON ??????? MMMMMMM BOLT ONS

Don't forget to add a bunch of the new DDR stickers. I heard they add 5 h.p. each! :driver:

That's what I am talking about :freakin_nuts: don't help Bob out. It only stirs the pot :shocked2: Tell him to throw a Predator sticker on there and call it a day. :driver::driver::laughing::dunno:

His only hope is if he drives down hill in netural :dunno::thumb: to beat me while I am in 1st. :mc_smiley:

Edited by Bound4Dirt

Rudy is deffinately the man when it comes to making 2strokes fast.This is a 370LR Rudy motor on alcohol, 63 mph up the wall at Dumont. Not bad for a non stroked motor.

ummmm errrr 370 is a stroked motor hence the name long rod .... but DAM I LIKE YOUR BIKE !!

poor ron hes done and doesnt even realise it predator stew for you bud!!!!!

Edited by barefoot bob

ummmm errrr 370 is a stroked motor hence the name long rod .... but DAM I LIKE YOUR BIKE !!

Thanks for the compliment, it's also for sale. Actually it's not stroked. Thats why they use the Blaster pistons because the wris pin depth is higher then a banshee piston. Having the longer rod creates less dead time for the rod to come around so the motor rotates faster, it does not change the stroke of the crank.

Edited by painterjoe

Thought you were sick? :bs: I see you up and around...Bob is getting surrounded by Predators. My father just got a 2006 yesterday and is rattling Bob's cage :gayboy:

Bob told me no matter how many people I know get one (including Bob's friend Morgan) he will not get one. I guess Bob's likes being in the back of the pack :flipoff::clap::shocked::headbang1:

Edited by Bound4Dirt

• 1 month later...

i have a 99 banshee bone stock never even have redone the top end, its getting time though shes long in the tooth. yamalube rocks !! however im not up on the latest mods to make my old girl beat up on yamy 450s and preds will piping jetting and a shaved head do it or does it need more

i was considering fmf fatties with jetting and plane the head down ( more compression) any other suggestions or am i off base

i dont want to run with 450s i want to beat them. soundly. but i dont want an ill temperd bike that doesnt like to run any suggestions :beercheers:

and while im at ti my wife has the raptor 660 what can i do to make it beat up preds ???

iLL SAY FROM ACTUALLY HAVING A NEW BANSHEE AND DOING MY MODS IVE BEAT PRETTY MUCH EVERYONE I SAW AT COMP UNLESS THEY HAD A DRAG MOTOR OR EVERYTHING DONE TO THEIR YZ450. aLL I HAVE IS A BOOST BOTTLE FROM MOOSE RACING VFORCE3 REEDS AND T6'S WITH THE JET. tHE YZ450 THAT BEAT ME HAD A HIGH REV LIMITER PIPE AND JET AND A CAM AND GEARING AND HE BARELY BEAT ME BY A BIKE AT THE TOP. BY FAR IM NOT GOING TO LOOSE MY WHOLE SHOT AND GAS EFFIECIANCY BY GOING TO BIGGER CARBS HELL GAS COSTS ENOUGH.

I TOOK MY OLD WORN OUT 7 YEAR OLD BANSHEE AND stupid caps and while i couldnt quite get them off the line i smoked both preds on the mid and top end and my wifes raptor . banshees so rock !!! i have never even replaced the packing. in the pipes, i did put a k&n on it when i bought it . im pretty sure my my wifes rapturd is gonna kill the predaturd in a short run :freakin_nuts:

I TOOK MY OLD WORN OUT 7 YEAR OLD BANSHEE AND stupid caps and while i couldnt quite get them off the line i smoked both preds on the mid and top end and my wifes raptor . banshees so rock !!! i have never even replaced the packing. in the pipes, i did put a k&n on it when i bought it . im pretty sure my my wifes rapturd is gonna kill the predaturd in a short run :flipoff:

Pretty sure.... :laughing: :freakin_nuts: :DDRrocks: Mid? I was in 4th and NEVER saw you beside me. Yes, in 5th he did pass, but, I also let off. Very rough surface out there. Around here we call that the "Barstow Race"... :cry::shake:

IMHO I can take both bikes he is talking about. When and "if" he ever gets the Craptor out of the service shop, we'll race. As for now the UN rules say I hold the title. :flipoff:

Edited by Bound4Dirt

Pretty sure.... :slap::xmas_grin::barf: Mid? I was in 4th and NEVER saw you beside me. Yes, in 5th he did pass, but, I also let off. Very rough surface out there. Around here we call that the "Barstow Race"... :slap::laughing:

IMHO I can take both bikes he is talking about. When and "if" he ever gets the Craptor out of the service shop, we'll race. As for now the UN rules say I hold the title. :fart:

lol you try that lame a$$ fly past me when im cruisen i jump on it and run you down like you were on a pos honda

and i got gregg to you know it that predaturd aint got it and the rapturd will prove it , heck new rings and new packing and ill take you apart on the banshee i bet :ahhhhh:

lol you try that lame a$$ fly past me when im cruisen i jump on it and run you down like you were on a pos honda

and i got gregg to you know it that predaturd aint got it and the rapturd will prove it , heck new rings and new packing and ill take you apart on the banshee i bet :laughing:

:ahhhhh: :xmas_grin::slap::barf::slap:

Arron is the orange 450 right? If that is the bike you are talking about he is fast and he is riding a stoke bore.

LOL what is with the Yamaha on Yamaha hate crimes I see going on Banshee against YFZ's, how about the 450R or the LT-R450?