Tips to be safe

I-Am

Hey all, I noticed there really isn't a condensed guideline for how to drive safely in the dunes located in one spot. I think it would be cool to put something like that together for beginners. Things like understanding the concepts of razorbacks and how to safely get over them. What a witches eye is and tips to look out for them. Safe camp speeds, best time of day to ride, etc, etc, etc. I think this would be valuable information and could possibly save injuries or worse. Perhaps it can be made a sticky.

I'm not a beginner, but also not a seasoned veteran myself so I'd like to hear from the community on what their tips and tricks are to be safe out there while driving.

Also, if something like this already exists slap me and link it!

Great idea. Although it's been done, we could make one new thread for it and pin it.

We also have this..

Dumont Dunes Rules, Safety Tips & Dune Etiquette guide on the rules page---> https://www.dumontduneriders.com/rules/

Direct link---> http://www.dumontduneriders.com/dune_flyer.pdf

Thanks Pete, great thread. I'd love to see that pinned and have more driving tips. The post about the time of day/shadows is great information that not everyone will be aware of. I'd like to see more of that kind of information shared!