President's Day weekend 2019

dunefreak

Looks like we may be heading out for President's Day weekend for the first time in 9 years. 2010 was the last time we did that holiday weekend. We usually skip the big weekends, but that is probably the only weekend that'll work for us this month. Who else is planning on going out? 

Prez-2019.jpg.5dfcff6720a6981449aa16312b

https://www.dumontduneriders.com/news/presidents-day-weekend-2019-r159/

• Like 2

Our family plus about 7 more families.

I noticed some big sand changes on the upper part of comp. A big witches eye is gone, the big flat spot to the right is gone.

Of course, the whoops are still there!

Also watch out when driving campers/RVs near bathrooms 10 and 6, near the entrance to the comp hill finger. Dozens of campers getting stuck. Air down AHEAD of time, veer 10 yards to the north when the road ends and KEEP UP YOUR MOMENTUM. If you feel you're going to get stuck, stop BEFORE you are sitting on your frame rails. Get help. 

Happiness is a new set of sand tires.

Happy Duning...

Message_1548133849592.jpg

Edited by Svengoolie
  • Like 3

On 2/2/2019 at 8:32 PM, Svengoolie said:

Our family plus about 7 more families.

I noticed some big sand changes on the upper part of comp. A big witches eye is gone, the big flat spot to the right is gone.

Of course, the whoops are still there!

Also watch out when driving campers/RVs near bathrooms 10 and 6, near the entrance to the comp hill finger. Dozens of campers getting stuck. Air down AHEAD of time, veer 10 yards to the north when the road ends and KEEP UP YOUR MOMENTUM. If you feel you're going to get stuck, stop BEFORE you are sitting on your frame rails. Get help. 

Happiness is a new set of sand tires.

Happy Duning...

Message_1548133849592.jpg

Lot's of windstorms have been blowing in from the Southeast in the past year. Makes big changes on the dunes and really replenishes them.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2019 at 7:43 AM, Dive Bar Casanova said:

Lot's of windstorms have been blowing in from the Southeast in the past year. Makes big changes on the dunes and really replenishes them.

We just got in from a trip, a bit windy at times and cold but the sand was the best I've seen in years. As much as we were trying to track it up for you guys next weekend the wind would not let us :thumb::beerpint:

ps: prob do not need to say it but entrance road still sux... I do get a kick out of all the toy trailers flying by while the motorhomes are going slow. If you guys could hear the appliances,  dishes, cupboards etc back there you might think twice about your speed 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Boy I couldn't agree with you more although I have a toy hauler I don't go down that road fast that is what tears it up I was there last weekend also road is in pretty bad shape at least I seen some progress on the cell tower workers on the hill going back in two weeks hopefully!!

Agree about the road. You would think all the $$$$ we spend on passes that road would be handled but NOOOOOOOO this is a government thing and they have no $$$$. I call BULLSHIT!!  My motorhome makes tons of noise and I have everything padded to make it quite.

10 hours ago, langslair said:

Just spoke with friends from Idaho and they arrived Monday and road have been scraped smoooooth.

Sand was also dry and smooth at least on top.

Was rough Sun PM but awesome if they got someone out there :thumb: