Cell Tower

dunefreak

16 hours ago, IrnBear said:

Zipping down the 127 toward Baker this past weekend, was heading to Cali for Mother's Day weekend and of course finish work on my Tattoo 😎

I could see a Cell Tower sticking up into the sky from the Hills between Baby and Big Dunes

Sorry no picture

IrnBear

Way cool! That's great news. I'll see if I can dig up any more info or pics. Thanks for the update. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Latest update: As we already know, the tower is fully constructed and ready for the carriers to install their equipment. Both Verizon and AT&T have signed leases and are deployed right now. The cell tower project manager cannot predict "on air" dates, but he is very optimistic for service to be up and running by Thanksgiving. Let's hope it all gets done earlier than that so we can see it functional for Halloween weekend. Fingers crossed. 

• dunefreak featured this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I work for AT&T and have been watching for this site to come online, and unfortunately, I don't see anything imminent.  If it is online for Thanksgiving I'd be really surprised.  Unfortunately the reality is that it can take as long as 2 years to bring a cell site online.  Another thing to manage expectations for all carriers is that this site is likely going to be served by a microwave shot to another site and microwave sites have nowhere close to the bandwidth that sites served by fiber have.  So on a busy weekend, you may finally have a signal, but when everyone is trying to watch netflix/youtube/etc on their phones and in their RV's, the experience could be pretty poor.  Don't mean to be a downer, I hope I'm wrong.  See you around thanksgiving week.

10 hours ago, Bob-Oside said:

I work for AT&T and have been watching for this site to come online, and unfortunately, I don't see anything imminent.  If it is online for Thanksgiving I'd be really surprised.  Unfortunately the reality is that it can take as long as 2 years to bring a cell site online.  Another thing to manage expectations for all carriers is that this site is likely going to be served by a microwave shot to another site and microwave sites have nowhere close to the bandwidth that sites served by fiber have.  So on a busy weekend, you may finally have a signal, but when everyone is trying to watch netflix/youtube/etc on their phones and in their RV's, the experience could be pretty poor.  Don't mean to be a downer, I hope I'm wrong.  See you around thanksgiving week.

Thanks for the info. I guess we'll wait and see. 

Got some word on AT&T, unfortunately not going to be online until closer to July 2020, maybe a  little earlier if things line up, but definitely not before 2020.  Also, since AT&T provides the backhaul for all of the carriers, I wouldn't expect the other carriers online much sooner. Also, I'm not an official spokesman.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, sickone01 said:

Does anyone have any updates on the cell tower? 

I never heard from anyone over Thanksgiving whether or not the service was any better yet so we don't know if it kicked in just yet. I guess we'll find out this weekend. 

• 2 weeks later...

As of Dec 15th, the tower still wasn't up and running. Kinda strange how we were told that everything was done, but then we saw a bunch of solar up there over Buggy Roundup. Then we got this message on our FB. So NOW we wait. lol Whatever

79913851_10206735888351408_4962124657944690688_o.jpg

80520859_10206735888591414_1135383078668075008_o.jpg

78842237_10206735888991424_5381522300229124096_o.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...