Cell Tower

dunefreak

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ElcanAmSon20 said:

Hey is there any good news for at&t?service at dumont?

Here ya go! Great news for AT&T users. This is from Tom at IC Towers (the project manager)...

AT&T has been installing for the last 30 days at Dumont. They should be on air in 20 days or less.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 10/19/2020 at 1:25 PM, doyoucare said:

any updates since last post on 9-18?

We had a camp with 2 Verizon's and 4 AT&Ts staring at the tower over at the little dunes between 15-18th of October and only the Verizon's had service (very good service at that).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, G4NON said:

We had a camp with 2 Verizon's and 4 AT&Ts staring at the tower over at the little dunes between 15-18th of October and only the Verizon's had service (very good service at that).

Thanks for the update. One only Verizon phone had service? That is weird. 

I've been following the progress internally at AT&T.   Some of the equipment that I've been keeping an eye on has recently changed from Planned to Active, which is a good thing, but the actual connectivity isn't established to the site yet.  I just talked to an engineer and today they are attempting to get the microwave connectivity working.  Crossing fingers for on air by Thanksgiving.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

It is very close.  I see the site's transport is up and the radios are built into the cell site router.  That's about as far as I can see with my access into the site.  I don't see any traffic on it yet.  Hopefully they fire up the radios anytime and open it up.  After waiting almost two years, and following the progress internally with AT&T, I'm bummed my trip out for Thanksgiving got cancelled due to covid exposure at my son's school.  I hope the site is up for the rest of you that make it out for Thanksgiving week.  Although its a 400mb site, stay off Netflix so regular service works for everyone 🤣

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The neighboring site 10 miles northwest in Ibex Pass is now online. I'm guessing that site will provide some coverage at Dumont until the new site is online, which should be any day.  It is the site that feeds the microwave connectivity to the new Dumont site.

• Like 1