HELMET LAW FOR SANDRAILS

OGP

Should there be a LAW mandating helmets in sandcars? My opinion is no. Shouldnt I have the right to choose? Who am I hurting other than myself if I CHOOSE not to wear a helmet in my sandcar? And if there is a law saying I need to wear a helmet in my sandrail, Shouldnt there be a law stating I need to wear a Helmet in my duramax when Im going over to comp at night? If my duramax rolls over, that roof is collapsing and killing me. Whats next, when we turn onto the dirtroad leaving the asphalt, We all are under a helemt law?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim, it sounds like you are trying to start that arguement again. We just got everything cooled down around here with that b.s. :laughoff:

If everyone wants to talk about it civily then fine, but lets not start another ARGUEMENT about it. :idea:

In my opinion, helmets should be the choice of the person’s in the vehicle. If they want to wear them, they should. They would be safer no doubt. But it should be the choice of the individuals.

I see it as taxing the limited resources of law enforcement when there interest could be better served making the dunes safer in other ways.

personally....kids dont have a choice, they should have a helmet, at least till they are 18, wether it be a rhino, rail, dirt bike or quad.

adults, well they may call you an adult, and you may be old enough to be an adult, so that makes the decision for you as an adult your decision.

after the ride in petes mini rail,........iam gonna get him a plexi glass windshield, some oh sh*t bars, a spare tire carrier, and an old water ski that he can carry.... but i dont feel that i needed a helmet.

after the ride in petes mini rail,........iam gonna get him a plexi glass windshield, some oh sh*t bars, a spare tire carrier, and an old water ski that he can carry.... but i dont feel that i needed a helmet.

Windshield? :laughoff::laughoff:

Your supposed to grab a hold of your harnesses and have them tight as hell. "Oh sh*t bars" are actually dangerous. :slap:

Talk crap, Cole....see if I bring you out in the rail next trip! :laughoff::loser::loser::loser::loser:

Windshield? :think::laughoff:

Your supposed to grab a hold of your harnesses and have them tight as hell. "Oh sh*t bars" are actually dangerous. :laughoff:

Talk crap, Cole....see if I bring you out in the rail next trip! :laughoff::slap::loser::loser::loser:

:bawl::bawl: dont talk about his rail he will have a sh*t fit :bawl::bawl::bawl::loser:,,,btw helmets good!!!!!!

Edited by rhino king

whats fnny is that half the people in rails wear a head sock, head phones, goggles, anyways......why not just outfit a helmet with the head phone?

BTW choice is good, just dont cry if something happens. This country is full of people that want freedom but only on their terms. I want to buy an suv then blame the maker cause I rolled it over on the freeway.

Freedom comes at a price, thats why we say they are in a better place....if they are their is no reason to be sad.

:bawl::bawl: dont talk about his rail he will have a sh*t fit :bawl::bawl::bawl::loser:,,,btw helmets good!!!!!!

Kinda like when I took you out in the rail and you SCREAMED LIKE A LITTLE GIRL??? :bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::loser::loser::slap::laughoff: No, I won't raise that much of a fuss. :bawl::think::bawl:

whats fnny is that half the people in rails wear a head sock, head phones, goggles, anyways......why not just outfit a helmet with the head phone?

BTW choice is good, just dont cry if something happens. This country is full of people that want freedom but only on their terms. I want to buy an suv then blame the maker cause I rolled it over on the freeway.

Freedom comes at a price, thats why we say they are in a better place....if they are their is no reason to be sad.

I have worn a helmet in the past in my rail. It not only helps protect you, but it also helps seal your goggles better and also muffles the loud azz pipe on my car. :blury::loser::laughoff:

I might start wearing it more often...especially in the colder months. It also helps keep your head warm! :idea::laughoff:

Having a choice is great....but......

I always wear mine and all passengers as well.

what I do not like is when someone "has the choice" and decides not to wear one and then has a

wreck and I show up to help. I say this because it has happened many times over the years and I hate

the bloody mess. It seems like the head and face always get mess'd up. Most of the accidents I have helped with would have turned out for the better if only a helmet would have been worn. Is it that big of a

deal to wear one????

One of the wrecks earlier this year was when a sand rail was sitting on top of a dune taking a break when a

dumb azz kid on a raptor decides to jump this dune without checking it out first or having a spotter and lands on the passenger side hitting the roll bar, motor and wedges his tire between the motor and rear tire. Of course the raptor rider had no helmet and guess who had to deal with the mess.

We all have a choice to use common sense that's for sure. Anything can happen at anytime, why not be prepared?

Windshield? :think::laughoff:

Your supposed to grab a hold of your harnesses and have them tight as hell. "Oh sh*t bars" are actually dangerous. :laughoff:

Talk crap, Cole....see if I bring you out in the rail next trip! :laughoff::loser::loser::loser::loser:

Dude...I'm ready to take his place anytime. We had a good ride, but I really want a day ride..... :slap:

Dude...I'm ready to take his place anytime. We had a good ride, but I really want a day ride..... :laughoff:

Anytime there's an open seat, Gerald, no problem. :laughoff::loser: I wish I could have taken you for a longer ride. There's always next time. :loser:

I think that it should be a commen sense choice. If you think you are going to be putting yourself or another persons life in danger then by all means please wear the helmet. If you have kids then put helmets on them as well. Every situation will be differant. I dont think there should be a law, but People should be using their best judgement. We dont wanna see anybody the next day walking around like this :laughoff:

I think that this year I will start to make my kids were there helmet last year they didnt have enough muscle to keep the weight up, but i'm also looking for those straps that they use in nascar so when they fall aseep they dont look like bobble head dolls. :laughoff:

:yeah_whatever: Here we go. just the subject I was looking for.

I'm calling :beerpint: on this whole subject.

This is supposed to be a free country and every day the moral minority that think they know what is best for me think they have the right to tell me what to do. They need to take care of their own house before they start throwing stones at others. This helmet in a sandrail thing is not a safety issue it's a control issue. If your seatbelts are adjusted properly and in proper working order you shouldn't be able to hit your head on anything in the car. And if some moron wants to use the "What if the car rolls over or what if you're in an accident?" excuse, here's my answer to that. What if you walk outside your house and a bus jumps the curb and runs you over? What if your walking down the street and some gang bangers decide to do a drive by? What if you slip and fall on a banana peel and crack your head on the ground? What if people would just mind their own buisness and just worry about their ownselves and their own families. Here's the deal. If you want to pay my bills and expenses then you can tell me what to do but until then just SHUT UP. If you want to wear a helmet I think that's good for you but let me make my own choice. I seem to remember an incident that happened not to long ago where someone rolled a car with 2 small children in the back seat. Nobody got hurt and nobody was wearing a helmet. And another thing I get sick of hearing is "Well if he was wearing a -------- (fill in the blank with whatever piece of safety equipment) that wouldn't have happened." Well guess what something else would have happened.

The point I'm trying to make is don't worry about what you don't have control over and take care of what you do.

This is the sole opinion of the author of this post and is in no way intended to provoke or offend anyone. And if you are offended you really should think about getting a life.

Edited by Don29palms

:beerpint: Here we go. just the subject I was looking for.

I'm calling :beerpint: on this whole subject.

This is supposed to be a free country and every day the moral minority that think they know what is best for me think they have the right to tell me what to do. They need to take care of their own house before they start throwing stones at others. This helmet in a sandrail thing is not a safety issue it's a control issue. If your seatbelts are adjusted properly and in proper working order you shouldn't be able to hit your head on anything in the car. And if some moron wants to use the "What if the car rolls over or what if you're in an accident?" excuse, here's my answer to that. What if you walk outside your house and a bus jumps the curb and runs you over? What if your walking down the street and some gang bangers decide to do a drive by? What if you slip and fall on a banana peel and crack your head on the ground? What if people would just mind their own F@#K!NG buisness and just worry about their ownselves and their own families. Here's the deal. If you want to pay my bills and expenses then you can tell me what to do but until then just SHUT THE F*&K UP. If you want to wear a helmet I think that's good for you but let me make my own choice. I seem to remember an incident that happened not to long ago where someone rolled a car with 2 small children in the back seat. Nobody got hurt and nobody was wearing a helmet. And another thing I get sick of hearing is "Well if he was wearing a -------- (fill in the blank with whatever piece of safety equipment) that wouldn't have happened." Well guess what something else would have happened.

The point I'm trying to make is don't worry about what you don't have control over and take care of what you do.

This is the sole opinion of the author of this post and is in no way intended to provoke or offend anyone. And if you are offended you really should think about getting a life. :beerpint:

hahaha... Chhers To That! :yeah_whatever:

helmets?? hmmm. helmets give protection and that is what joe-q-public insists upon. it has nothing to do with freedom of choice. the lawmakers are going to take that away from you for 2 reasons and you will have nothing to do with it. #1 deaths from atvs, buggies etc and #2 the insurance industry will mandate it and the legislators will implement it. so, get ready, it will come. I am for freedom of choice over 21, but mandatory under 21. I will lose also, law making will come. same reason we have windshields, steel sides in cars, seatbelts, flags on atvs, no riding double, helmets on atvs etc etc etc. either police yourself or the feds will do it for you. :yeah_whatever:

helmets?? hmmm. helmets give protection and that is what joe-q-public insists upon. it has nothing to do with freedom of choice. the lawmakers are going to take that away from you for 2 reasons and you will have nothing to do with it. #1 deaths from atvs, buggies etc and #2 the insurance industry will mandate it and the legislators will implement it. so, get ready, it will come. I am for freedom of choice over 21, but mandatory under 21. I will lose also, law making will come. same reason we have windshields, steel sides in cars, seatbelts, flags on atvs, no riding double, helmets on atvs etc etc etc. either police yourself or the feds will do it for you. :yeah_whatever:

Well then anyone in your family that is under 21 should wear a helmet in a buggy but nothing gives you the right to say ANYTHING about the concerns of mine. And there again a helmet doesn't do a thing for anybody in a cage. Oh I mean a buggy. Next thing you're going to tell me is that we need to wear a helmet in our cars in case we get into an accident. And where do you get this 21 age? In the United States people are adults at 18 years old. Man, What the hell is wrong with you?

Edited by Don29palms