We're back online. Here's what happened

dunefreak

Some of you might have noticed the site was offline for a couple days now.

I didn't realize until Monday night. I was out of town and out of cel phone range for four days so who knows. It could have been even longer. :dunno:

It seems there was an issue renewing our domain name and it turned into quite the fiasco with our registrar company. I am happy to say it is all cleared up now though. I thought it might have been the end of DDR because it appeared our domain was either hacked, stolen or transferred and picked up by another company. The good news is I got it back and it has been renewed. We're still alive. :DDRrocks:  😆

This was my screen on Monday night. My stomach dropped a little bit when I saw this. 😮 😨IMG_20190805_183730847.jpg

• Thanks 4

• 1 month later...

Good job Pete and thank you for getting us all back on this site and for all you have done over the years to create and maintain it.

I have a question for the DDR's....I know there has been ATV, UTV, Motorcycle, Jeep, Crawlers and Sand Car  drags whether on the flats or the hills but has there ever been any events similar to Motocross on the sand? So in other words, a marked path that goes over, up, down and around the dunes for a single motorcycle, atv, utv or anything else. I envision this to be a timed event that has one person at a time on the course. Has there ever been an event like this at Dumont?

Thoughts?

Ideas?

Lets call it "Sand Cross"

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TADYAMAHA said:

Good job Pete and thank you for getting us all back on this site and for all you have done over the years to create and maintain it.

I have a question for the DDR's....I know there has been ATV, UTV, Motorcycle, Jeep, Crawlers and Sand Car  drags whether on the flats or the hills but has there ever been any events similar to Motocross on the sand? So in other words, a marked path that goes over, up, down and around the dunes for a single motorcycle, atv, utv or anything else. I envision this to be a timed event that has one person at a time on the course. Has there ever been an event like this at Dumont?

Thoughts?

Ideas?

At one point there was a SECRET event put on by another sand affiliated website that was done by invite only etc etc etc.... It was held in the big sand box down south.  Aside from that the most racing you are gonna get is banshee wars and the others you mentioned.  No one has officially used the sand dunes as a race course to my knowledge for any sponsored sporting event.

• Like 1

This thread was from the domain issue last month. The new one is here, 

On 9/27/2019 at 8:09 AM, TADYAMAHA said:

Thoughts?

Ideas?

Thanks. Like @EY3BA11 said, that is the only timed race or course that has taken place in the sand. Never at Dumont though. It's quite a task to put together and pull off. Marking off a race course in the dunes would require extensive staff, permits, insurance, etc. We've talked about it and it sounds like so much fun, but it would never happen. It would cost too much money and be too much of a liability/ responsibility for us. I love that name though...sand cross! haha