2019-20 season passes are now available

dunefreak

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Svengoolie said:

Do they reveal how many passes sold and use the money from passes for a Dumont budget exclusively or does the money go into the general BLM fund to be used how ever?

They go over the annual budget every year with the DAC (Desert Advisory Committee). The public is always invited to attend. They explain in detail where the money goes and how much is left/ rolled into the next year's expenses, etc. I'm not sure which meeting throughout the year they cover this, but I can probably find out if you're interested. 

13 hours ago, VegasSparky said:

FWIW, My wife picked these up at Carter today. 

Can't find CA non-resident OHV stickers anywhere, except Pahrump. We got them at Valero/Baker last year. 

Carter didn't have the non-res OHV stickers?

I always go to the Proshop in Henderson. They have them at the parts counter.

2 hours ago, DuNe~Rydher said:

Proshop you say? Perfect. I'll run by there this weekend along with Johnny Walkers for a season pass. So much to do, so little time!!

Yep, they've always had them. Might wanna call to make sure, but they should.

They're on Lake Mead near Van Wagonen. Info is on the passes page. 👍🏻

On 10/7/2019 at 1:12 AM, Svengoolie said:

Do they reveal how many passes sold and use the money from passes for a Dumont budget exclusively or does the money go into the general BLM fund to be used how ever?

What are you wanting to find out? I have a copy of the 2018 expenditures they are as follows, 

Maintenance                       $199,515

Visitor services                   $287,251

Management expenses     $35,885

There are other things that are not included in this report ( Law Enforcement is not included) and each category is broken down even more.

All the information you asked for is public information, and could be obtained by contacting the Barstow BLM field office.

Dumont gets more dollars than the sale of passes generates due to grants and Federal funds.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 5:56 PM, VegasSparky said:

FWIW, My wife picked these up at Carter today. 

Can't find CA non-resident OHV stickers anywhere, except Pahrump. We got them at Valero/Baker last year. 

Why are you looking for CA non resident? Nevada required you to register your OHV now and it is excepted in Dumont 

• Like 1