Official Halloween 2019 Countdown!

Svengoolie

Be my first season out with a toy I acquired for my brother and I that belonged to our father. Just overhauled the whole rail minus tearing into the engine. Got a gearbox from Tom Pro Design, PC5/autotune, and I'm a small guy and the seatbelts used to go over the seats, had them fabricated to run the belts through and I dont flop all over the damn place lol. Going for a test ride next week to familiarize a bit. '01 busa turbo and this thing is sick!!! See yall out there.

The site is great!! Semper Fi

IMG_1606.jpg

• Like 5

Can't wait! Has anyone been out recent to see how dangerous the dunes are after the summer W?  We have a small group going this coming weekend for Columbus day. ...figure we'll be taking it easy.   back to back trips for me :)

Edited by flavtfan

1 hour ago, flavtfan said:

Can't wait! Has anyone been out recent to see how dangerous the dunes are after the summer W?  We have a small group going this coming weekend for Columbus day. ...figure we'll be taking it easy.   back to back trips for me :)

DirtBikeGuy was. As always, it was pretty sketchy right after summer. Definitely take it easy and be careful. 

Just got back from D and it was an awesome weekend. On my way out a Ranger was there checking passes. Kinda funny as hardly anyone was there today. We spoke for awhile and he is concerned about how much the dunes changed this year. I told him I would do my part to get the word out. He was a real nice guy and seemed genuinely concerned about us.

The dunes have changed! There are many more witches eyes and in bad spots. On one run we were on a common dune run and ran up on a 4 foot wide 3 foot tall dune in the middle of a spot many of us traverse. Rolling through I heard a comment about how that ones gonna hurt people. It's true, bad spot. What I'm trying to say is basically please do a good familiarization run before you hammer down. that's all. The sand is so soft and dry that on occasion, I would get a static shock grabbing my shifter. I noticed more than usual static buildup in my trailer too. One more thing, the Ranger also told me that they are fed up with the out of control fireworks. This Halloween they are bringing in Cal Fire to help search them out. Here's the rub, If a Ranger gives you a ticket, it about $150. If Cal Fire gives you one, it's about $1300. At work we coordinate airspace for Cal Fire and their partnership with The Guard Predator drones at March AFB. They use them to find forest fires and trapped firefighters. I was thinking if they use one at Dumont, you would never know they were there and they can pass pinpoint coordinates. Not saying they would do that, just my thoughts. Stay safe and see you all in a couple of weeks!!

• Thanks 1

Pretty sure they cannot do that with the drones for that purpose of overwatch. They can only use it for what you mentioned with the fires, but yes they can Def pinpoint with fine accuracy. As far as the witches eyes, yes there are a lot of them and there's a few that are in the middle of what were normal transitions. I guess all our money spent on passes is going toward bringing firemen in vs fixing the terrible road. 

• Like 1

Yeah, the fireworks are definitely a big hazard. (eye roll) More nanny state intrusion into our lives.

More people die and are maimed in the bathtub. Maybe bathing should require safety harnesses and cameras for enforcement. 

How many people are killed or hurt skiing? BAN NOW!

Man, the amount of Dune prep. Unreal. 

Just ordered two 12 volt electric blankets for me & the wife to stay cozy warm on our night rides.

If anyone finds us fried, please bury us on the hill. 

Thanks in advance.

• Haha 2

Man, I love watching all of the Fireworks

No where else in the State can you fire them off without really endangering anyone

The place is loud as it is with the engines running all night long, it's all part of the joy of Dumont

And for those cry babies about there animals, leave them at home...  I'm sure if they don't like the fireworks, they aren't real happy with the engine noise in their ears

Please, no stopping the fireworks

Thanks,

IrnBear

• Like 3

On 10/14/2019 at 5:54 PM, FE135 said:

One more thing, the Ranger also told me that they are fed up with the out of control fireworks. This Halloween they are bringing in Cal Fire to help search them out.

Man, that's the best part of being out in the dunes! Ya it illegal blah, blah, blah. I mean, is the firework "problem" at Dumont any worse than Johnson Valley, Ocotillo Wells, *whispers in fear for offending rival forums*...Glamis? To me it's not. Regardless, I still may reconsider bringing my immense firework investment out for Thanksgiving then Lol 😨 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, IrnBear said:

Man, I love watching all of the Fireworks

No where else in the State can you fire them off without really endangering anyone

The place is loud as it is with the engines running all night long, it's all part of the joy of Dumont

And for those cry babies about there animals, leave them at home...  I'm sure if they don't like the fireworks, they aren't real happy with the engine noise in their ears

Please, no stopping the fireworks

Thanks,

IrnBear

Everyone has their calling in life, and I think you have given me mine haha! #fireworksmatter

• Like 2