Website enhancements & new features

dunefreak

I am always trying to keep the site fresh with new ideas, content and interactive features. Here's what's been happening behind the scenes lately here at DDR. 

Here'e a couple new features I added to the site.

• DDR Facebook feed: Not everyone is on FB and most of the FB content or posts are usually just a feed from a link on here, but from time to time we share or re-share something that was posted to our FB page. That feed is now visible on the sidebar of the forum, homepage, and when you click new posts. When on mobile, just scroll farther down the page since there is no sidebar.
  • Same goes for or Instagram feed. That is now also on the homepage. It was on there for a while, but the plugin we were using stopped working when a new software update took place. I would like to incorporate the feed into the new posts feed/ link as well. Just haven't figured out exactly the best way to do it yet. I try not to disrupt the user flow of the site. For now, the 5 most recent Instagram posts show up on the homepage only. 
  • "Upcoming Events" has been added to the homepage. 
  • Each member's "Joined Date" has been added to their profile when viewing a forum topic. Before you'd have to have to hover or click on a member's profile to see how long they've been around or have posted. It's not important, but it's nice to know. Now it's right there in the profile next to their post under their name and pic. 
  • Landmarks page has been updated with some newer photos and information. Some of the pics were dated and some of Dumont's common places/ names were added like Sunset Hill, Memorial Hill, and the Salt Creek Mines. 
  • Dumont Info pages (every link under the INFO tab) had a larger font size update. 
  • Events Page got a little better view of the upcoming events. There are only so many plugins/ features for this and it bugs me, but it's at least a little better than it used to be. 
  • We have gained a new sponsor! Desert Bling, a vendor at Dumont, has helped sponsor our site! Check out their website and store on vendor row. They sell Love Sand, Dune Crew, American Rider Clothing Co. apparel and accessories, stickers. 👍

Things to come...

• I'd like to improve our buy/sell section by auto-pruning or deleting ads over 60 or 90 days old. Too many old ads get bumped and those items have sold off, then that member is long gone and doesn't reply.
  • Supporting Membership opportunities may be coming. Thinking of implementing a premium membership that offers more or extras features. This would DDR keep afloat and help us continue to grow. 
  • DDR app: Our website software company, Invision Power Services,  has been in the final stages of developing a community app. This means DDR may have an even faster way to be accessed via mobile. Although the site already works pretty damn well on the mobile version, an app offers an even more convenient way to post, browse, etc.  This coupled with the new cell tower going in at Dumont means much more content and features coming to the site. 

That's all for now. I just wanted to keep you all in the loop with the new dune season ahead of us. Just as we thought this place was doomed with the loss of our domain name, we're back and stronger than ever. 

Input?

If you have any suggestions or input as well, I am all ears. Good or bad, let's hear it especially is something isn't working properly with the site. Please let me know. 

• Like 1