Day Passes

As bad as we need a "day pass", has any progress been made by BLM towards not making people pay the entire weekend price to come from near to Dumont  to see friends or family for a day?

Do we have anybody like Terry that has any contact with the Barstow Office since he got frustrated and quit.

I'm real  good at asking stupid questions that can't be 'answered. LOL  It's been needed for 10 + years

I have brought it up at every meeting for the last 3 years. Nothing can be changed until Dumont gets a "Business Plan" and Katerina has said that she doesn't have the staff to write one.  The RRAC that approved the fee structure no longer has enough members to conduct any business, so they are not an option. I have brought up other ways to get it done but they have not been acceptable to the BLM management so we stay at a stalemate. 

The biggest issue's that I have heard is a second car (no toys or camping ability) and a day use pass, if you guys have any other ideas let me know and I will bring them up.

Do not forget that there is a public meeting after the Cleanup on 3-14-2020 from 11:00 to noon at Dumont Dunes this is a time that anyone can bring up any concerns, likes and dislikes, and requests for information, any specific information please post on here so the BLM staff can bring it to the meeting.

Edited by Sandemon
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sandemon said:

I have brought it up at every meeting for the last 3 years. Nothing can be changed until Dumont gets a "Business Plan" and Katerina has said that she doesn't have the staff to write one.  The RRAC that approved the fee structure no longer has enough members to conduct any business, so they are not an option. I have brought up other ways to get it done but they have not been acceptable to the BLM management so we stay at a stalemate. 

The biggest issue's that I have heard is a second car (no toys or camping ability) and a day use pass, if you guys have any other ideas let me know and I will bring them up.

Do not forget that there is a public meeting after the Cleanup on 3-14-2000 from 11:00 to noon at Dumont Dunes this is a time that anyone can bring up any concerns, likes and dislikes, and requests for information, any specific information please post on here so the BLM staff can bring it to the meeting.

Sandemon, can you clarify the date for the public meeting after the clean-up please? You wrote the year 2000, and wondering if it's supposed to be 2020?