Young Ohv drivers and passenger safety.

Mxtreme702

Two young teen girls driving a full size RZR this weekend will be scarred for life.  Driver tried to do a doughnut on the flats at the end of one of the finger dunes, and rolled it over just one time.   Passenger reached up to grab the cage and broke every bone in her hand doing so.  I wouldn't doubt if she lost a couple fingers also.  Was a horrible sight seeing her hand mangled like that.  Always keep your hands inside the cage folks.  Use the grab bars or grab your helmet.  Parents, please remind your children of these basic tips to prevent needless injuries.  

Edited by Mxtreme702

The girlfriend has a habit of grabbing on the top of the door on our RZR. I told her a story of a couple years back when we were sitting at Comp and saw a UTV roll all the way down the steep side. I can't remember if the passenger or the driver grabbed the roll cage but in doing so, actually lost all four fingers. Much time was spent climbing the side of Comp looking for the missing appendages.

Needless to say, she's gotten better at grabbing the "grab handle"

Dune safe people!

That really sucks to hear. My UTV's warning labels note to never do donuts. I would have never thought of that without reading it. I hope everything turns out ok. I know how this feels.....my kid almost lost his hand in a rollover.

IMG_5446.jpg

The Weight and High Centered nature of these SXS are what people forget about, people assume they won't flip on it side.....they have the "It's safe like a car" mentality.

I hope those girls make a full recovery.