Makin an overdue trip from Vegas this weekend

81Sprint

So me and the family haven't been to Dumont in almost 10 years.  Stopped going back when the economy tanked, my daughter was only 6 months old.  Well she's 10 now and wants to check it out, having seen all our old pics.  We always used to camp around bathroom 8 with a big group but will be coming out this weekend solo.  We have a 36' Fifth wheel and will just be bringing our Jeep to cruise around.  We had planned to come for Halloween but i decided to go on not such a busy weekend.  So my question is, wheres the best place to camp and not worry about getting stuck? need some hard pack with this big heavy trailer, don't want to get in the soft stuff.  Is the area around 12 still pretty hard sand?  Some of my friends that still go regularly suggested the baby dunes but seems kinda far. Any help is appreciated.

Don't go the the Little Dunes. That's lame. lol

The area around 12 is probably the safest. It's nice out near bathroom 3 since there's decent cell service out there with Verizon, plenty of hard pack sand areas, and immediate access to the dunes, but if you want zero worries at all, the hardest area is near 12/ off to the left as soon as you get up the plateau. 

Looks like epic weather this weekend once again (just like Halloween). Enjoy and post up some pics when you get back! 

6 hours ago, dunefreak said:

Don't go the the Little Dunes. That's lame. lol

The area around 12 is probably the safest. It's nice out near bathroom 3 since there's decent cell service out there with Verizon, plenty of hard pack sand areas, and immediate access to the dunes, but if you want zero worries at all, the hardest area is near 12/ off to the left as soon as you get up the plateau. 

Looks like epic weather this weekend once again (just like Halloween). Enjoy and post up some pics when you get back! 

Thanks! Couple of my favorite pics from back then, me and my buddy in his Sandcar launched it off the superbowl and my old LTR450

Quad.jpg

SNAFU.jpg