Thanksgiving 2019

Tmoney

Well, since no one has started this topic, I will!

What day is everyone going out? What's everyone bringing? Any special Turkey Day plans?

Going to Sand Hollow the weekend before Thanksgiving and then headed to Dumont Wednesday night/Thursday morning!

• Like 3

We'll be coming out early Thursday morning! A few of us coming from Las Vegas, and a few of my buddies from San Diego. Looking for a cool group to hang with if possible.

My wife will be out for Thursday only (because she works black Friday weekend at Caesar's Palace). Will she need a permit for her car if she's just there for the day? I'll have one for the RV, and my truck, but don't really want to drop another $40 for her car haha.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MxJunkie87 said:

We'll be coming out early Thursday morning! A few of us coming from Las Vegas, and a few of my buddies from San Diego. Looking for a cool group to hang with if possible.

My wife will be out for Thursday only (because she works black Friday weekend at Caesar's Palace). Will she need a permit for her car if she's just there for the day? I'll have one for the RV, and my truck, but don't really want to drop another $40 for her car haha.

Unfortunately, she needs another $40 pass. 👎 Each vehicle that enters needs one. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dirtflickarooster said:

transmission shops will be busy after this weekend.

I think Presidents day got at least 4-5 people I know including myself

Yup, last time I went out in the wet sand I sheared off some suspension mounts. Had to have my buddy go back to camp and grab a ratchet strap to hold it together enough to limp it back to camp. Thing is, I was just cruising when it happened (luckily).

Debating on going out this weekend as I don't want to break more stuff.

11 hours ago, dunefreak said:

Looks like the weather kept most people away this year compared to the usual Thanksgiving crowd. Not much of a turnout. 

Must have been dead, its Sunday evening and only 1 1st ("lost my iphone") post :thumb:

• Haha 3

I was in Las Vegas from Thur to Sun...it hurt me deep to my soul driving past Baker TWICE and not turning off the hwy to go to Dumont.

Not to mention the 8 plus hour drive home sunday sucked donkey balls....ARGH!

Overall, it was a fun weekend! Not as packed as I thought it would be (I had no reference, since it was my first major holiday out there). We setup camp on Thursday morning, then it started raining. We decided to mob my Tahoe around, and got it stuck smh! I don't know if they're on here, but when we got my Tahoe stuck in the sand, part of the dune masters group, some guys from Idaho, and a group from Long Beach (name was Jake?) came out to pull us out. We owe you all six packs haha! 

IMG_1131.PNG

• Like 1