DDR ride suggestions

dunefreak

Ok so for those that are new, we all try to get as meny people from the board to meet up every big weekend at Dumont and go for a dune ride. We have had 3 DDR meet up rides so far and they were all fun and were a great chance to meet everybody from DDR in person. Don29palms mentioned to me last trip that we should maybe have a separate DDR ride just for buggies. I think we should do a DDR ride where everybody meets up (buggies, bikes, quads, etc), then another ride (earlier or later in the weekend) to get all the buggies together for a DDR buggy run. What does everybody else think? :happydrunks:

I think we should all still meet up at the hill... then we pick 2 leaders... I.E. Freak for the Buggy ride... and someone else for the rest of the group.. :D Let one group get ahead 5 min or so.. then the other group takes off and we head out to the north pole.. or whatever...

When I mentioned a ride just for buggies what I really should have said was maybe a slower ride for everybody to go on and a faster ride for the more experienced riders. I think it's fun to have a bunch of buggies together but I don't want to exclude anybody from the fun. That's what it's all about is having fun. When I had my Banshee it was alot of fun riding with another bunch of quads. And two wheelers in general I think can go thru the dunes faster than anybody. It's all about a good time and I'm all for it. The ride we went on where Paul was leading on the 700 was really cool. Any fast ride is. I'll be out at Dumont the Tuesday after Xmas until Jan 2 and I'm always good to go for a ride anytime during the day. I'm not much for riding at night.

I hate it when people look at the 2 wheelers and are like you going for a ride we are like yup... then they say something like EFF THAT... you guys go to fast or your lines suck or what not... when they have never ridden w/ me or anyone else leading... I feel that Pete (SandRail Experience), and Myself (riding w/ nothing but quads and rails) can pick some really nice smooth fast flowing lines that work well for all skill levels.. :D but WHATEVER...

Ill be there regardless..

Hey Nick I didn't mean any offense but what I was trying to say was sometimes it's not as fun when you have to wait for someone. I don't care whose leading on what I'll try to keep up as best I can. If I fall back SHAME on me. I'm good to try and follow anybody anytime. :happydrunks:

Hey Nick I didn't mean any offense but what I was trying to say was sometimes it's not as fun when you have to wait for someone. I don't care whose leading on what I'll try to keep up as best I can. If I fall back SHAME on me. I'm good to try and follow anybody anytime. :happydrunks:

As long as it's not you leading!!! :D

I think we should all still meet up at the hill... then we pick 2 leaders... I.E. Freak for the Buggy ride... and someone else for the rest of the group.. :D Let one group get ahead 5 min or so.. then the other group takes off and we head out to the north pole.. or whatever...

(since I can't ride a bike yet/ still recovering) -That would work for me on New Years, but I'd like to do a quad or 2 wheeler ride w/ everyone AND get a chance to do just a sandrail ride w/ the DDR buggy owners as well on other trips to come. I think it should be everyone on one ride and then just buggies on another. Any more imput from other DDR peeps that have or would like to meet up on the rides.

As far as leading, I know a lot of people don't like to lead. I myself love to lead so that's ok w/ me. :happydrunks:

How bout meet at the face hill... ride to the north pole w/ the whole group and split up from there.. :D

Nick, I don't think you know what I am saying. I think some people including myself (that have both a rail & a bike) would like to do a strictly buggy ride AND a bike ride w/ everyone. If I cruise out w/ everyone to the north pole on my bike, how am I gonna go from there on a buggy ride w/ everyone else? :happydrunks: der

as far as the :happydrunks: riding eef that no just kidding i liked your line so had to use it actually i give two wheelers much props in the sand i have never ridden a two wheeler in the sand always afraid of sticking myself in the fluffy stuff. i had an awesome ride with you guys when i was up there it was fast and fun i liked the rail leading it was nice to have the larger vehicle crest over something sharp and make a nice path for the rest of us. you guys rock on the group ride

So what's the verdict. Are we going or what?

Oh we're definitely going. :happydrunks: I just wanted evreyone to help decide on the way we should do the traditional DDR rides every trip. I'll post up the NewYears DDR ride closer to NewYear's weekend. :beercheers:

I will chip in. How about a ride each day from say Wed. to Sunday? I will be out wed. AM and probably leave Sat AM. I like the runs with other folks and would prefer a buggy ride with other buggies. Hate to follow Quads/MC over crests cause I always have a blind spot and I don't want to run over a fallen rider. Anyway I could break the Banshee out for a ride too. I would gladly lead if you need a volu :happydrunks: nteer. Just tell me how fast or slow you want to go. B)

Oh we're definitely going. :happydrunks: I just wanted evreyone to help decide on the way we should do the traditional DDR rides every trip. I'll post up the NewYears DDR ride closer to NewYear's weekend. :beercheers:

Which day are you thinking for the ride? We will be out there from the 26th through the 30th.

I will chip in. How about a ride each day from say Wed. to Sunday? I will be out wed. AM and probably leave Sat AM. I like the runs with other folks and would prefer a buggy ride with other buggies. Hate to follow Quads/MC over crests cause I always have a blind spot and I don't want to run over a fallen rider. Anyway I could break the Banshee out for a ride too. I would gladly lead if you need a volu :headbang: nteer. Just tell me how fast or slow you want to go. B)

i dont fall. [ unless its 1 in the morning after drinking about 14 beers ] im on a banshee. i love to follow. lets go! :mc_smiley:

Which day are you thinking for the ride? We will be out there from the 26th through the 30th.

80grit, I won't be there till Fri night. :( I was gonna try to plan the DDR ride sometime on Saturday like usual. We should at least meet up Fri night if possible before ya leave though. Although it doesn't look like we can ride together before ya leave, get w/ some of the other peeps from DDR for a ride, I know there are a bunch going out much earlier than me and our group. :mc_smiley: