North Pole burned down?

VegasSparky

The orignal metal North Pole & mailbox are untouched. The big wood pole that was installed a few years ago that has acted as a trash collection was burned down by somebody late Friday night/ Saturday morning of MLK weekend. I heard about it first thing Saturday morning. 

These are my thoughts and I realize not many people will agree but here it goes. It's a shame that someone would even think of doing this in the first place. People have no respect these days. It also sucks that some people put their memorials and things of importance on that pole to begin with. They should have chosen a much more respectful & fitting place like Memorial Hill. I'm starting to realize alot of people have no idea that place even exists at Dumont. All or most of those things on the pole were destroyed. On a happier note, all those old shoes, busted up riding gear, broken whips, and pretty much old trash was also burned up. I really don't see the big deal. It's just a second pole that was honestly looking pretty bad and it looked like it was going to fall over soon. I'm not upset it's gone, but I hear someone is already planning on putting up another pole. Apparently the original pole & mailbox isn't good enough.

IMG_20200118_105247828.jpg

IMG_20200118_105517758.jpg

• Like 1

Glad the OG stuff is still there. The pole with stuff all over it never bothered me. Some of the random parts on it I thought was kind of cool. Offerings to the dune gods. Yeah, the shoes and other nonsense crap was dumb and annoying. 

Real memorials belong on memorial hill. I'd hate to see memorial hill get cluttered up with any junk though, so if a pole gives people who feel the need to leave their mark (or junk) a place to do it..cool with me. 

• Like 1

I can’t tell you how disappointed our family is to hear this news. We have been going to Dumont for over twenty years and never once have we have thought of doing something so disrespectful. What is wrong with everyone?? Having fun is number one, but this?!? Our children were five when we started going to the dunes. What would they have thought to see something like this happening out there?! Build it up y’all, not tear it down. Whoever did this, shame on you.

• 2 weeks later...