Lemme hear some input...

dunefreak

A little while ago Esquire magazine e-mailed me about possibly doing a photoshoot with DDR. :dunno:

At first I thought "way cool." We can get some professional photographers to take some badass pics of us duning, right? But then I got thinking.... :shake: WTF is Esquire magazine? It's a men's magazine. :dunno: Is it like a men's FASHION magazine? :dunno: I started to question it and almost thought it was a joke.

1st e-mail..

Hello there!

I am contacting you on behalf of Esquire Magazine in regards to a photo shoot we would like to conduct with the Dumont Dune Riders. We heard that generally speaking the months of October and November draw the most people and have the best weather. We are interested in finding out if there is a central organizer who would be first point of contact for our project. Thank you so much!

Mike

The guy e-mailed me again the other day and wrote this...

Dear Pete

Some time ago you had contact with one of our assistants about a fashion

photoshoot we were looking to conduct at

Dumont Dunes on some of the riders and driver swho regularly congregate

there. You very kindly gave us some information then.

Im now trying to make a more precise plan for shooting there in early

December and wanted to sak if you can help us further with a few questions.

Outside the big gatherings (halloween and thanksgiving) are there smaller

groups of riders at Dumont every weekend up to christmas? Do you get

advance warning of how many are coming to the dunes?

What about the first and second weekends in December 12/3,4 and 12/10,11?

On quieter weekends what would be the rough number of people you would

expect to see - 20, 30 maybe?

Do they drive over for the day or all bring trailers and stay over?

Where is the nearest town to Dumont

What sort of max and min temps could one expect in December?

I was there in Mid november 03 and there were maybe 30 people there and

about 15 vehicles - That would be enough for us to shoot a great story.

We would love to shoot at the dunes and i think the guys who go there would

make excellent subjects for the magazine. So if you are able to answer any

or

all of these questions we could get to planning our trip. Our photographer

Julian Broad who like me is english, also shot Brad Pitt motorcycling over

sand dunes - but in Namibia south africa - for our october issue. Hes a

maniac for ATVs!

Best

Nick Sullivan

ESQUIRE FASHION DIRECTOR

I just wanted to know what everyone else thought about this before I contacted him. I don't want to say yeah we'll do this and then we end up in the dunes or at comp hill modeling underwear! :think::loser::thumb::coffee: helll no! :thumbsdown:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little while ago Esquire magazine e-mailed me about possibly doing a photoshoot with DDR. :dunno:

At first I thought "way cool." We can get some professional photographers to take some badass pics of us duning, right? But then I got thinking.... :shake: WTF is Esquire magazine? It's a men's magazine. :dunno: Is it like a men's FASHION magazine? :dunno: I started to question it and almost thought it was a joke.

1st e-mail..

The guy e-mailed me again the other day and wrote this...

I just wanted to know what everyone else thought about this before I contacted him. I don't want to say yeah we'll do this and then we end up in the dunes or at comp hill modeling underwear! :think::loser::thumb::coffee: helll no! :thumbsdown:

they will probably bring their girls and want to use your rides for the shoot

brad pitt loves atvs oh my!!! :laughoff::dunno:

all of these questions we could get to planning our trip. Our photographer

Julian Broad who like me is english, also shot Brad Pitt motorcycling over

sand dunes - but in Namibia south africa - for our october issue. Hes a

maniac for ATVs!

lets dune namibia adopt a few kidz of color . get our photos in esquire

im sexy ( in a fat bastard kinda way ) :thumb: :gayboy: :dunno::think::shake:

WHAT IF : Esquire does its deal the pics sell cloths and sudddenly its posh to atv!! o yay . we could half of hollywood on atvs in there ambercrombie and fitch gear, butlers trying to unstick rvs brad Angelina Jolie going to our trailers asking "oooo look how cute, is that kid yours, you must be poor. you only have a sandpiper. can i adopt your child ????? poor refugees :think: " james woods running around slashing tires at comp so nobody good beat him up the hill :dunno: . michael jackson trick or treating and its Presidents day :dunno: .p diddy with his possey hangin out on vendors row mugging people :fro: . while were screaming at owen wilson to get off the dam hill as hes posing in his underwear :barf: . Lets not forget Madonna walking through our camp naked cause she wants some attention :idea: . o and jennifer anniston on a 90 following brad looking for an oppertunity to run him over :thumbsdown: . and look over there spielberg in his 71' sand limo :coffee: . and lo and behold the entire cast of survivor is in big bole trying to survive :argue: .While Bon Jovi is trying to revive his career by doing a music video with exhibit at the north pole with 7 big bootie black chiks all up on the small hill bouncing there butts like a beamcar in the whoops :loser: and and and ............................................o wait i was having a nightmare

Edited by barefoot bob

hmmmm, sounds a lil funny to me. how fashionable do they think "guys" are after being at the dunes for a couple days???

but Id say set something up, maybe DDR could get some funds out of this? put a lil reserve into it, ya know. Could be a beneficial thing financially for ddr?

It looks to me like there going to do this thing with or with out DDR so why not get

The recognition you deserve for having the best Dumont site, you deserve it and maybe get some financial benefit out of it. :thumbsdown:

Plus you could give them info about how terrible it is out there when the wind blows

And the terrible conditions it is in the bathrooms, how the road wash’s away and that your neighbor is always riding around your camp on his loud polluting 2-stoke till wee

Hours of the night so no one will won’t to come out there :coffee:

its all fun and games till dunefreaks at the bottom of comp picking up jenny craig boxes that kirsty alley left all over. and jorja fox from csi is walking up the finger dune looking for trace evidence of who roosted her camp ( it was richard cheese) and kathryn meadows is doing a homemade rape kit cause she got drunk and wound up in a strange camp :rockon::blink::blink::blink::blink:

where is this sh*t coming from :laughing:

Edited by bearfoot bob

its all fun and games till dunefreaks at the bottom of comp picking up jenny craig boxes that kirsty alley left all over. and jorja fox from csi is walking upo the finger dune looking for trace evidence of who roosted her camp ( it was richard cheese) and kathryn meadows is doing a homemade rape kit cause she got drunk and wound up in a strange camp :rockon::blink::blink::blink::blink:

where is this sh*t coming from :laughing:

Maybe you should turn Entertainment Tonight off?

I say go for it under these conditions, we get DDR G strings made :blink: They supply the models's that we pick. :rockon: They wear our G's :laughing: and have to model with us wearing alabaster g-strings and gold medallions, :blink: oh yeah we cant shave our chests we have to be guido harry. :banghead::banghead::banghead::blink::blink:

its all fun and games till dunefreaks at the bottom of comp picking up jenny craig boxes that kirsty alley left all over. and jorja fox from csi is walking up the finger dune looking for trace evidence of who roosted her camp ( it was richard cheese)

:laughing: that biotch....she'll never find out who did it, I had gloves on my paddles!!!

and kathryn meadows is doing a homemade rape kit cause she got drunk and wound up in a strange camp :blink::blink::blink::blink::banghead:

where is this sh*t coming from :rockon:

PUT THE REMOTE DOWN AND BACK AWAY FROM THE TV...................SLOWLY!!! :banghead:

:blink::blink: While all these responses are funny as hell, I don't think I am gonna pursue this any.

Think about it... you get a big name magazine out there. A bunch of these foo foo peeps that don't know chit about the dunes start going out there. Does Dumont really need any more publicity? Do we want more people that don't already know anything about Dumont to KNOW about Dumont? It's getting crowded enough out there. All we need is a bunch of rich metrosexual poopdiks cruising around in sandrails and saying "sssssssuper....look at all the ssssssssand!!!! post-3-1162933195.gif "

I don't know ONE duner that reads that magazine. At first this sounded pretty cool, but the more I think of it it doesn't sound like something I am interested in. Besides, DDR doesn't need any publicity or money to be the best damn Dumont site...it already is! :rockon::laughing:

I know they might do it regardess if DDR helps them or not, but I don't think we should condone it.