Where Has Barstow BLM Been Lately?

Tmoney

Hey everyone! When was the last time anyone was able to contact the Barstow Field Office? I've called multiple times in the last few months regarding the paperwork to possibly vend over Halloween weekend, and also the ability to start selling passes at a shop in LV. The recording says that everyone is still working from home, and to leave a message and someone will call you back (When? When everyone returns to work after the election? 😉

Pete, I know you have secret access to the office, could you see why they haven't been answering my calls, or maybe have them call me?

I was able to get a hold of Katrina, the Barstow BLM manager, and she said their office is still closed to the public but they are checking voice messages. I'm not sure how long it takes for a return call.

Dumont passes have been printed and are in. They'll be on sale to the public soon. 

I can't really answer your other questions other than you'll need to submit a permit packet to vend at Dumont. Gonna have to just wait for a return call I suppose. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dunefreak said:

I was able to get a hold of Katrina, the Barstow BLM manager, and she said their office is still closed to the public but they are checking voice messages. I'm not sure how long it takes for a return call.

Dumont passes have been printed and are in. They'll be on sale to the public soon. 

I can't really answer your other questions other than you'll need to submit a permit packet to vend at Dumont. Gonna have to just wait for a return call I suppose. 

Good Info and then some not so good news.  I understand the office closed.  But why the delay on returned calls to Vendors.  Must be frustrating.

I know you tried and don't have the answer.  Just wanted to voice that.

Hopefully the Postal Service runs a bit more efficient in the next few months...:usa:

Edited by IrnBear
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, IrnBear said:

Good Info and then some not so good news.  I understand the office closed.  But why the delay on returned calls to Vendors.  Must be frustrating.

I know you tried and don't have the answer.  Just wanted to voice that.

Hopefully the Postal Service runs a bit more efficient in the next few months...:usa:

To answer your question, it has nothing to do with the postal service. Johnny Walker RV, who sells the passes here in Vegas, gets them hand delivered and counted by BLM staff. 😮 I was shocked to hear that but it explains why they haven't gotten theirs yet. 

2 hours ago, dunefreak said:

To answer your question, it has nothing to do with the postal service. Johnny Walker RV, who sells the passes here in Vegas, gets them hand delivered and counted by BLM staff. 😮 I was shocked to hear that but it explains why they haven't gotten theirs yet. 

That was a government agency joke :usa:

They are hand delivered and counted to every shop that sells them

If that shop sells them online, they are not allowed to charge for the shipping..  That's why many don't sell and mail...

IrnBear

• Like 1

On 9/8/2020 at 5:06 PM, raspadoo said:

Closed due to C-19? If so that's ridiculous, and unless they are not getting paid they should at minimum be calling / emailing people back. 

I have called the office and left 5 voicemails in the past 2 months. I can confidently say they are not calling people back.

16 hours ago, Tmoney said:

I have called the office and left 5 voicemails in the past 2 months. I can confidently say they are not calling people back.

BLM has been trying to come up with a management plan for Dumont, most importantly for vendor row, that follows the San Bernardino county and CDC guidelines. I think they are stalling on calling people back, getting the passes out, etc until that plan is in place. They are holding an emergency meeting today (Friday) and hopefully we have some answers and call backs. There is a small chance Dumont can get closed down (being in CA) because of this COVID crap. If they cannot manage it or if people don't abide by the rules, it'll either be temporarily closed off completely or there will no bathrooms, medical staff, etc like a government shutdown. It's a pretty messed up situation for them. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

I have been trying to call them to get a copy of an injury report for a head-on collision I had. I saw a ranger or medic take my report with a tablet in the medic trailer. Does anyone know who I can contact to get a copy? Barstow BLM has not replied to my voicemail or email.