2020/2021 Annual Pass

bam

Passes are printed and should be available for sale to the public soon according to the BLM. Just be patient and they should return your call. Their office is still closed because of covid. 🙄 I know many vendors haven't received their passes yet. I'm sure this year's pandemic crap has delayed the whole process some. We'll just have to be patient. I'd say if you haven't heard anything back in a week or two to try calling again. 

• Like 1

• dunefreak featured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2020 at 2:31 PM, dunefreak said:

Passes are printed and should be available for sale to the public soon according to the BLM. Just be patient and they should return your call. Their office is still closed because of covid. 🙄 I know many vendors haven't received their passes yet. I'm sure this year's pandemic crap has delayed the whole process some. We'll just have to be patient. I'd say if you haven't heard anything back in a week or two to try calling again. 

• 2 weeks later...

Many of you are like us and love your annual pass w/holidays. With BLM office being closed, their recording says the staff is "working hard at home answering calls and responding to emails". Well, after 2 weeks, calling 10 times each day and leaving a voicemail, plus numerous emails, called this morning and on the first ring someone answered!! Was so excited I was speechless all I said was don't hang up! I'll give some feedback, hoping to answer some questions someone might have but too nervous to ask or not know how to ask!

- yes they are open remotely, limited staff due to an abundance of reasons

- yes annual passes are available now as of October 1st, holiday and non holiday passes available with the same prices as previous years

- no you do not need a drivers license number to purchase anymore, just first/last name and address

- they are shipping the passes upon cleared credit card transaction via FedEx

- new to this year, you are able to purchase more than one pass! They just ask what last name you want on each pass

If you love your annual pass and have to have one, don't get pissed off and mad at BLM. They don't make these (insert personal opinion adjective here) rules, the state does, it isn't their fault. SOMEONE will eventually answer the phone or possibly call you back. The lady who I spoke with this morning was very happy and cheerful, we joked about some things, talked about Dumont, ect. They are people too ;) 

Looking forward to Halloween this year, I think it is going to be more packed than last year. Wouldn't miss a Halloween!

Edited by DESERT_RACER
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, DESERT_RACER said:

Many of you are like us and love your annual pass w/holidays. With BLM office being closed, their recording says the staff is "working hard at home answering calls and responding to emails". Well, after 2 weeks, calling 10 times each day and leaving a voicemail, plus numerous emails, called this morning and on the first ring someone answered!! Was so excited I was speechless all I said was don't hang up! I'll give some feedback, hoping to answer some questions someone might have but too nervous to ask or not know how to ask!

- yes they are open remotely, limited staff due to an abundance of reasons

- yes annual passes are available now as of October 1st, holiday and non holiday same prices

- no you do not need a drivers license number to purchase anymore, just first/last name and address

- they are shipping the passes upon cleared credit card transaction via FedEx

- new to this year, you are able to purchase more than one pass! They just ask what last name you want on each pass

If you love your annual pass and have to have one, don't get pissed off and mad at BLM. They don't make these (insert personal opinion adjective here) rules, the state does, it isn't their fault. SOMEONE will eventually answer the phone or possibly call you back. The lady who I spoke with this morning was very happy and cheerful, we joked about some things, talked about Dumont, ect. They are people too ;) 

Looking forward to Halloween this year, I think it is going to be more packed than last year. Wouldn't miss a Halloween!

Yes, BLM just staffed their office yesterday so everyone should be getting callbacks soon. 

Wait...holiday and non holiday same price? What price? I haven't heard of this.

Thanks to all of the info here.  I called BLM yesterday and they returned my call a couple hours later.  Pass purchased! LEVEL UP!! 🍄

They informed me they would FedEx it out today.  👀 So rad.

On 10/7/2020 at 10:11 AM, dunefreak said:

Yes, BLM just staffed their office yesterday so everyone should be getting callbacks soon. 

Wait...holiday and non holiday same price? What price? I haven't heard of this.

Sorry i typed that funny. It meant to read "holiday and non-holiday passes are same prices as previous years, no change". Sorry for that confusion! Holiday pass is still $120 and non-holiday is $100.

5 hours ago, DESERT_RACER said:

Sorry i typed that funny. It meant to read "holiday and non-holiday passes are same prices as previous years, no change". Sorry for that confusion! Holiday pass is still $120 and non-holiday is $100.

haha oh ok. Non-holiday is 90 though

• dunefreak featured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RzrDonkey said:

The 3 stores in baker are saying they did not get any season passes and don't know if they will. I called all 3 on 10/24. Any ideas on where/how to get a season pass coming from CA? 

The only way to get the annual passes this year is to call the Barstow field office to purchase one and they FedEx it to the address of your choosing. Their number is 760-252-6000 like Redondo mentioned

Halloween weekend pass update:

People can buy Season Passes at Carter Power Sports in Las Vegas, Johnnie Walker RV in Las Vegas, Kawasaki in Pahrump, and East Valero Gas Station in Baker. Season Passes will not be sold at the Dumont Dunes entrance. The only pass they can buy at the machines will be a holiday 7 day pass.

Also note the kiosks at entrance were taking payments but not producing a receipt / pass this past weekend. I called BLM and had a season pass the next day, very efficient. 

Edited by raspadoo
spell

Just got off the phone with the buddy in Baker. They went to 4 different stores asking about the 7 day pass including the East Valero Gas Station, and all said they are not selling passes due to covid. The only way to get the 7 day pass was the kiosk at the entrance if you don't have an annual pass. Hope this helps some people to save some time.

On 10/29/2020 at 10:16 AM, DESERT_RACER said:

Just got off the phone with the buddy in Baker. They went to 4 different stores asking about the 7 day pass including the East Valero Gas Station, and all said they are not selling passes due to covid. The only way to get the 7 day pass was the kiosk at the entrance if you don't have an annual pass. Hope this helps some people to save some time.

The east Valero is only selling season passes. Nobody is selling the weekly passes this season for whatever reason.