Halloween 2020 weekend reports: post your pics

dunefreak

I've been going to D since early 2000's but I've never been on Halloween and after this I probably will avoid the big holidays. The inexperience really showed and that Sunday morning exit sh*t show, WTF?. Had a good time regardless.

IMG_6128.jpg

IMG_6127.jpg

IMG_6111.jpg

IMG_6148.jpg

IMG_6149.jpg

Edited by Kevlar
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Like every holiday weekend, there's good points and bad. I had a blast, but the every holiday weekend I go, the more I enjoy the off weekends. I didn't appreciate the insanely loud mariachi band music at all times of the day from every direction. The people who blasted that music that loud were really inconsiderate. I wish they'd be a little more respectful of others, especially crazy late at night and at 8AM! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Angry 2

I think it was more packed then in the boom of 2005-2007 when everyone bought sandcars on credit before the 08 crash. Looked like everyone used their stimulus checks for down payments on a SxS. It was off the hook. Hoping for a good quiet Veterans weekend. 🤞 Had one dude in a RZR pro literally weaving around the cars in our entire line, if I would have drifted up inches, it would have been over.

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

These new duners are coming over from the valley since Pismo is closed. I've camped near them over there and the reason I dont go anymore. The theme is the same. Mariachi music till 3 am and leave their trash. And dont racist bash me, it is what it is, I've personally witnessed it. 

Edited by Kevlar
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We went to calico to run the trails for Halloween weekend and take the kids to calico.   Same concept different location.   We were on our way back home a about 20 mins from the entrance to the Dunes.  I would just like to say YOU ARE WELCOME to the little white/silver car that was trying to pass motorhome and trailer!  Instead of a head on collision ( where you would have been killed by our lifted 250 towing out camper)  we went into the dirt causing thousands of dollars in damage to our trailer bruised collar bone and bruised hips.  You are a jerk!!!!  You did not even stop to see if we were ok!!!!  Was driving like a ass really worth risking your life and my family????  Thank you to the people who did stop to make sure we were ok. 

5 hours ago, 19th_AT said:

I had the same issue at Sand Mtn this past week. The mariachi music and trash left behind with their glass bottles and fireworks was ridiculous. ( Sorry to derail)

I couldn’t believe all the retards flipping off the Trump flags at vendors row Saturday ... they looked pretty ignorant .... 

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

It was more crowded than I’ve ever seen.  About 30 SxS’s for every 1 sand rail.

If you go to D to socialize, it was a good weekend.  If you go to dune, forget it.  Dunes were too crowded to go fast.

Comp Hill at night was kind of worthless... no one races anymore.  It was just a social gathering.  

Off weekends or less attended holidays are preferred.

• Like 1

Agree the mariachi music blasting everywhere and modelo bottles left everywhere and trash the last 2 years is horrible :( 

we have been going over 20 years love Halloween and off weekends of course are the best ..it’s ReaLLY changed  over the years but I was happy to see such a huge turn out at this time and glad to go out for Saturday ..

6DD4403E-E3E6-486A-B0E7-B90170EBD093.jpeg

41DAD744-4606-4391-AEC0-64030B23ED26.jpeg

C2F5329E-CFEE-4F73-AF1E-7518C12CCF0D.jpeg

4D528B87-6D5A-4608-A34A-B31EB49B7D4C.jpeg

5A6F01EC-49FA-40A7-BC43-7D95D40AD7C9.jpeg

• Like 4

got out on thursday to snag a few pics. started getting crowded quick. good trip, no breakdowns or injuries. way more crowded than last year. forever disappointed in the music blasters and trash they leave around. was grabbing our neighboring camps trash all weekend. but the weather was perfect and we all had fun so cant complain too much

dumont.jpg

dumont1.jpg

dumont2.jpg

dumont3.jpg

dumont4.jpg

• Like 2

I do agree with all the mexican music was fing annoying. I was near a camp where they had not one but like three different live group playing. They left alot of trash, saw some folks pulling a big bus RV and left huge holes after they pull the motor home. I end up covering the holes my self. In my opinion too many people with too much money and no brains.

On 11/2/2020 at 10:13 AM, dunefreak said:

Like every holiday weekend, there's good points and bad. I had a blast, but the every holiday weekend I go, the more I enjoy the off weekends. I didn't appreciate the insanely loud mariachi band music at all times of the day from every direction. The people who blasted that music that loud were really inconsiderate. I wish they'd be a little more respectful of others, especially crazy late at night and at 8AM! 

We had the same problem. Crap music till 4am.

Halloween is always a great time and we've been doing it for 20+ years. Definitely busier than last year and the dune etiquette was lacking, but always looked at this weekend as more of a social event then riding rush. No Pac-Man this year and missed much of the crew, but fun as always! Love the costumes, sweet rides and all you peeps. With that said, can't wait for the next off-weekend trip for a fast run and smooth dunes!! Be safe everyone!  

Dumont Halloween 2020.jpg

Trick or Treaters.jpg

20191026_235213.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/5/2020 at 8:39 PM, Vegasskip said:

Halloween is always a great time and we've been doing it for 20+ years. Definitely busier than last year and the dune etiquette was lacking, but always looked at this weekend as more of a social event then riding rush. No Pac-Man this year and missed much of the crew, but fun as always! Love the costumes, sweet rides and all you peeps. With that said, can't wait for the next off-weekend trip for a fast run and smooth dunes!! Be safe everyone!  

Dumont Halloween 2020.jpg

Trick or Treaters.jpg

20191026_235213.jpg

My kiddos loved Pac-man last year. You guys did an amazing job.  Definitely got number one place in Halloween costume under my kids eyes. Be safe and hope to see you guys next year.