Can you make a 6.4 reliable?

Lortyxc7

Here's my question. We pull a trailer with our 08 450 6.4 everyday (between 2k to 26k pounds). Trucks On its second motor now at 150k miles. Has dpf and egr delete afe intake and sct tuner. Just had it looked at and needs heads or head gaskets, Oil and fuel pump,injectors,turbos,and manifolds and bolts. Shop quoted 15k to fix it all. Has anyone worked a 6.4 like this with head studs and been able to keep it together, or would we be money ahead to put a 5.9 in it. I have done a lot of reading and all I can find is a bunch of people that don't own them or don't use them as a truck talking about what they think about them. Any helps welcome thanks. and please advise best upgrades for 6.4 powerstroke

What tuner are you using? Sounds like you might be running to hot of a tune ( too much boost) I have the H&S Mini Max and tunes from 2010. 146k on the clock with just regular maintenance ( oil every 5k and fuel filters every 10K) and I have had no issues.