Buggy Roundup 8! Dec 12-13, 2020

dunefreak

RSVP here ☝️

Buggy Roundup 8.jpg

Dec 12-13 weekend is Buggy Roundup 8! This year will be a little different due to the flu that is going around and CDC guidelines, but we are still a go!

Calling all sandcars! Come join us at Dumont Dunes for our 8th Annual Buggy Roundup. The Buggy Roundup is an annual Dumont trip when all the sandcar people are invited to come out and camp together as a group. We'll be camped together across from bathroom 10, just off the right side of the entrance road. This trip gives the buggy guys and girls of Dumont a chance to meet each other and run the dunes together for a full weekend without the crowds. So don't be a stranger. Every year we have new people join the camp and end up leaving as friends. 

There is no set schedule of events, but Saturday will likely go something like this...

8:00 AM -~10 AM: Sandcars and Coffee: Pull your car into the center of camp. (Or park it there the night before) Grab some coffee, say good morning to everyone, and check out all the buggies. 

Saturday Afternoon: The rest of the day will involve duning, maybe another buggy weigh-off, dune trivia, and more group dune runs!

There will be no taco night this year due to the social distancing restrictions in place. 

Want in? Here's what you need to do.

1) On the event page, click GOING...

2) Bring your buggy to Dumont and join in on the fun. Don't be a stranger. Park with the group. If you don't know anyone, just ask for PETE. 

COVID-19 Guidelines we must follow this year

Stay home if you are sick

Wash your hands frequently and use hand sanitizer

Cover your nose & mouth when coughing or sneezing

Regularly clean common touched items

Wear a face mask when in high risk areas such as indoors (RVs) with members of other households or outdoors when 6 feet of distancing is not possible or within close proximity of each other.

Please limit gatherings of people in close proximity within camp. Social distancing of 6 feet or more

There will be no central campfire and each RV will have their own fire.

Should anyone get sick during the event, they should leave Dumont Dunes so as to reduce the exposure potential to others at the event.  

I'm not 100% sure of the actual "schedule" or order of things yet for Saturday, but we are planning on doing the following. 

• cars & coffee
  • dune trivia
  • buggy weigh in
  • group dunes runs
  • group photo
  • raffle

No taco night this year because of the flu and the guidelines. :( This just means next year will have to be an even bigger taco festival. 

If you have any items you would like to donate an raffle prizes, please bring them out and get with me Saturday morning. We will have all the raffle prizes on display. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IrnBear said:

Still looking good for us

Going over the Rail once we get home from Cali

We will be parking outside of the circle

My Dog is Beautiful yet a d*ck with others:dope:

I totally get that. I had one of those (akita). I still have one, but only 13 lbs (kick me dog)! 🤣

• Haha 1

Buggy Roundup Raffle

We'll be having another raffle this year in the same format as last year. DDR will be buying some prizes to raffle off as well as anything we are donated from businesses or DDR members.

Raffle tickets will be given out to those who donate towards the website. You will get 1 raffle ticket for every $5 donated or 5 per $20. 

The raffle will take place sometime Saturday afternoon after the buggy weigh in but probably before the sunset cruise. 

If you guys have anything you'd like to donate please get in touch with me. 

Also I'd love to hear of some ideas for items that duners, buggy people, kids, etc would like to win. I've purchased some things but I'm drawing a blank as to what else I should raffle off. Preferably under $50 each. Ideas??? Go!

• Like 1

How's this look for Saturday's schedule?

Buggy Roundup Schedule for Saturday (subject to change)

8:00 AM: Sandcars & Coffee

Park your car in the middle of camp, grab a coffee and a breakfast snack, and check out everyone’s rides. (Please social distance) This gives everyone a chance to wake up, meet each other and socialize as the morning warms up. Buy some raffle tickets ahead of time.

10:00: Morning group ride

Be ready by 10:00 to dune! We’ll do a big group ride.

12:00: Lunchtime

Grab lunch from your RV and get ready to head to the center of camp for the day’s Buggy Roundup activities. (Again, please social distance)

12:15: Dumont/ Buggy Trivia & Raffle!

We will ask a handful of Dumont & sandcar related trivia questions for your chance to win some raffle tickets. If you know the answer, raise your hand. Don’t yell it out & give away the answer! After trivia we’ll host the raffle. We have some great prizes to give away this year! Tickets are $5 each or 5 for $20

1:30: Buggy Weigh In

Curious what your car weighs? Pull up and we’ll weigh it for you. You’ll get a weight display for all four corners of your buggy. Have your phone ready to take a pic.

2:00-3:00: ATC70 figure 8 “races” and/ or quick buggy dune run if time permits

Got an ATC? Let’s get stupid. 

~3:00 Group photo and sunset ride

We’ll meet Neal Rideout somewhere in the dunes for a group photo and maybe some action shots, then ride to Sunset Hill. Sun sets around 4:30 PM.

• Like 1

I tried figure 8 racing in a go cart once it was really fun when i did it for the first time i screamed in my helmet once because i was so happy and excited. i was riding in a go kart that was made for going off road also going fast made me excited.

Edited by ktm love73