Is Dumont open? Closures, stay at home order, camping ban, etc

Cop Candy

First post and no research. Did you contact BLM and help out our community, or is that our job?

https://covid19.ca.gov/

https://www.maverickforums.net/threads/ocotillo-wells-closed-day-use-only-civil-rights-trampled-by-government.125109/#post-1641929

Dumont is BLM. This doesn't apply to state shutdowns.

21 minutes ago, SandBox_Kid said:

First post and no research. Did you contact BLM and help out our community, or is that our job?

https://covid19.ca.gov/

https://www.maverickforums.net/threads/ocotillo-wells-closed-day-use-only-civil-rights-trampled-by-government.125109/#post-1641929

Dumont is BLM. This doesn't apply to state shutdowns.

Hey there, thanks for the welcome - well, asked here first, so as not to overload BLM with calls as I'm sure they'll be receiving them; so, the post was initial research from an "informed community".

Links are nice, but "Dumont" or "Dumont Dunes" yields zero results in the comifornia site.  The second is like combing through DDR also....but that's all overcome by events since the answer is given and BLM has us covered.  That was simple, thanks.

1 hour ago, Cop Candy said:

Hey there, thanks for the welcome - well, asked here first, so as not to overload BLM with calls as I'm sure they'll be receiving them; so, the post was initial research from an "informed community".

Links are nice, but "Dumont" or "Dumont Dunes" yields zero results in the comifornia site.  The second is like combing through DDR also....but that's all overcome by events since the answer is given and BLM has us covered.  That was simple, thanks.

You don't have to look far. It's right on our homepage in the news. Nothing has changed as far as Dumont Dunes is concerned, therefore the post is still up there for a reason. Do you want a more current post? Because I can do that. I email with the head of the Barstow BLM on the regular anytime people start wondering if Dumont is going to stay open. I know the answer already, but I still check because the community relies on the website. 

I find it concerning that some people like yourself can't find the information they are looking are looking for on this site. I'm not being a smartass. I am truly curious since I run the website. How can I make it easier? A pinned announcement? Banner on top of the screen? We've done that too yet people still ask. 

I think the issue arises because with the new level of "OMG panicpanicpanic" from Fearless Leader Gruesome and his retarded minions, it is unclear if anything has changed as far as Dumont is concerned. The CA Covid site is as useless as a screen door on a submarine, and the BLM Dumont page is very generic. Additionally, even the pinned post on the news page (which I would not have navigated to until I read Dunefreak's post) says that Dumont *can and may* be closed for non-compliance, and references the El Mirage closure earlier this year.

We're planning a trip the week before Christmas, and I'd hate to drive five hours only to get the Griswold's Wally World welcome.

I don't know what the easy answer is as far as a pinned post, etc., but I know my bookmarks go directly to the forums and my visit to the "news" tab was probably the first time I've clicked on that tab in the thirteen years I've been a member of this site.

18 hours ago, Noozeyeguy said:

I think the issue arises because with the new level of "OMG panicpanicpanic" from Fearless Leader Gruesome and his retarded minions, it is unclear if anything has changed as far as Dumont is concerned. The CA Covid site is as useless as a screen door on a submarine, and the BLM Dumont page is very generic. Additionally, even the pinned post on the news page (which I would not have navigated to until I read Dunefreak's post) says that Dumont *can and may* be closed for non-compliance, and references the El Mirage closure earlier this year.

We're planning a trip the week before Christmas, and I'd hate to drive five hours only to get the Griswold's Wally World welcome.

I don't know what the easy answer is as far as a pinned post, etc., but I know my bookmarks go directly to the forums and my visit to the "news" tab was probably the first time I've clicked on that tab in the thirteen years I've been a member of this site.

It's not unclear if anything has changed as far as Dumont is concerned. I'm typing this from inside my toyhauler at Dumont. 😆 I also stay in touch with BLM so the website is current and accurate. 

When you click on new posts in the forums, news articles from the home page are included in that feed BTW. 👍

19 hours ago, Noozeyeguy said:

I would say Dumont is going to be closed the week before Christmas,  but that is because we are going to be there the same time and we enjoy the small crowd lol.... Totally messing around thank you Pete for keeping us up to date.  

• Like 1