Finger Question!!!!!

IrnBear

Hello All that Still Enjoy the Use of DDR Site,

Example: 

Over the Dumont Buggy Roundup weekend  

A family decided to "Cone Off" a small section of the top of one of the fingers

Thus allowing their family (kiddos) to play and hangout at the top of said finger

This happened to be right in the line of that fingers highway

Question:  what is everyone's thoughts on this!!!!!

Personally I think this is plain stupid!!!

Thank you,

IrnBear 

We used to go on and on about this topic back in the day on here.

My thoughts....

It's pretty dumb. The finger dune has always been used by duners and for people to cone it off and expect it to be a safe place for their kids to play is just plain reckless. No, duners shouldn't blast down the dune since it is close to camps, however if I see a dune I'm gonna driving down it. If the cones are in my way and make it unsafe for me to drive down the regular traffic pattern, I don't adjust what I'm doing. Those cones may get knocked over. I always look out for people hanging out or playing on the dune though. Those people who cone it off need to realize that it's a path travel and everyone always has to transition over it to get to the dunes. 

• Like 1

Interesting that this came up. Out there the weekend before Christmas and there was a fairly small group with a large portion of the finger coned off. Now this was a pretty dead weekend but it still stuck out as a very odd thing to do in my mind. 

Being new to Dumont I wasn't sure if that was a fairly normal sight or a one off.

1 hour ago, GrimPhrog said:

Interesting that this came up. Out there the weekend before Christmas and there was a fairly small group with a large portion of the finger coned off. Now this was a pretty dead weekend but it still stuck out as a very odd thing to do in my mind. 

Being new to Dumont I wasn't sure if that was a fairly normal sight or a one off.

I may or may not have knocked down a few of said cones on the top of said dune... 

• Like 2

Ahhhhh....the old coning off of the dunes controversy. Dunes are dunes. If you have to cone them off then you've parked too close. I've recently camped with a group that had young kids and they had a daily kiddie dune run. That's the way it should be IMHO. You don't need to cone off dunes to make a playground for the kiddos. Take them out and teach them right. Supervise them.

Like Pete noted this is an old topic here and it wouldn't be DDR without this one! Sorry Pete. 

I used to park close to the dunes, but always made sure to stay enough away so that folks could "pop" over them on the way to the bigger dunes. The only cones I've used was out in the open to keep the camp town racers away. It's annoying to have to navigate around the cones on the fingers when you're heading out off of the porch....

• Like 2

On 12/29/2020 at 4:51 PM, SandBox_Kid said:

Like Pete noted this is an old topic here and it wouldn't be DDR without this one! Sorry Pete. 

Sorry for what? I don't care. 

On 12/31/2020 at 3:47 PM, IrnBear said:

Did you see the sh*t Explosion I seem to have started on FB about this😂

Yep. Some angry people.