Cleanup weekend: March 13, 2021

dunefreak

I just wanted to post an update since I have not listed the cleanup date yet on our events page or calendar.

I got with Jason from Friends of Dumont Dunes and he still needs to talk with BLM as far as if, how, and when cleanup will happen this year. It will probably still come together sometime in the middle of March, but that is all I have right now. I will definitely post an update and date as soon as it all gets decided on. I know some people have been asking so I wanted to post what I knew so far. 

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE! 

March 13, 2021 will be the day for a COVID-19 compliant clean-up at Dumont Dunes.  BLM will supply dumpster, water, and tool trailer. 

BLM will be on-site to sign-up volunteers.  Pens will be disinfected between users, hand sanitizer will be available,  and social distancing will be required.  If not feeling well, stay home or seek medical attention as appropriate.   

• Like 2

• dunefreak changed the title to Cleanup weekend: March 13, 2021
7 hours ago, BearsZX72 said:

Awesome! We’ll be there! After this past weekend, I know it will need the clean up! Trash everywhere you turned.

Question...is the DDR having a camp location?

Not that I'm organizing, no. I can't even make it out to cleanup this year. I have to work that Saturday. 👎🏻

• Sad 1

I'll be out helping with whatever is needed. I'm also the point of contact for anyone wanting to donate prizes from Las Vegas, that can't make it to the clean up event. I'll be available the next few weeks to meet up and collect donations. If you need me to get your donation picked up shoot me a DM! 

I'm also personally donating some "kid friendly" prizes. The kiddos always get overlooked when it comes to the prize fun, but they're always so eager to help out!

• Like 5

Please come join the Friends of Dumont Dunes for this event. Dumont needs it more after this crazy busy year. Its been heartbreaking to see all the posts of trash left behind. It looks like this year is going to be a great one! 

Hot BBQ lunch for everyone who participates!

Quick draw raffle prizes, 1 ticket for every trash bags gathered. The prizes are still rolling in! There are several prize packages being donated from shops, businesses and individuals in the off road community!

Trophies for the most bags gathered for individual and group, largest item found and strangest item found!

DM me if you want to donate prizes from the Las Vegas area and can't make the event, for a pick up or one of the drop off locations.

Screenshot_20210226-042327.png

• Like 3

This might be a long shot but I lost my phone yesterday 2/27. I lost it between bathroom 10, swing set or between swing set on way to north pole. I didn't have it backed up and have a ton of pictures of my baby since he was born (he's 10 months now). If it's found please contact my husband - 702-339-7545. Thank you!!!

• Wow 1

👀 Check out the latest prize packages for the Friends of Dumont Dunes Clean Up!
Who's ready for some giving back with chances to win some of this awesomeness? Even the vendors are stepping up to support the clean up 👀

FB_IMG_1614822589728.jpg

FB_IMG_1614822620767.jpg

FB_IMG_1614822613069.jpg

FB_IMG_1614822573698.jpg

FB_IMG_1614822583295.jpg

FB_IMG_1614822567448.jpg

FB_IMG_1614822598995.jpg

FB_IMG_1614822560342.jpg

FB_IMG_1614822551751.jpg

FB_IMG_1614822544666.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

On 2/28/2021 at 7:46 AM, Brooke Snelling said:

This might be a long shot but I lost my phone yesterday 2/27. I lost it between bathroom 10, swing set or between swing set on way to north pole. I didn't have it backed up and have a ton of pictures of my baby since he was born (he's 10 months now). If it's found please contact my husband - 702-339-7545. Thank you!!!

What does it look like?  We found one the other day.

We spent the entire Saturday cleaning up Dumont Dunes only the have campers when leaving putting their trash in the dumpster and on the ground, the crows are having a field day with it. I guess we can clean that trash up next clean up. What happened the pack it in pack it out. How disappointing.

IMG_20210315_095037903.jpg

That's very disappointing to see.

And many people think dumpsters solve trash problems at Dumont on holiday weekends. This is a prime example of what would happen. They get overfilled and cause an a bigger trash problem. Just haul out what you brought in. 

• Like 3

Wow that really sucks!  I just realized something.  I brought a few people out for the cleanup and we brought in a truck bed full of trash between us but then, at the end, they did end up going over to the dumpster to try to get rid of their personal trash.  I can tell from their reaction to it being full that they had ZERO clue they weren't supposed to put their own trash in it.  I didn't realize what was going on until they were complaining about not being able to use it.