Fatality Saturday night at Comp

dunefreak

Unfortunately there was a fatality this last Saturday when a side x side rolled at Comp hill. The driver was pronounced dead at the scene and the passenger had injuries. I always hate hearing about these accidents. I don't know exactly how it happened, but it's always a reminder to always play it safe out there and wear proper safety gear. 

Coroner Press Release

On Saturday, February 20, 2021, at 8:32 PM, Bradley Scott Mowdy, a 62-year-old resident of Corcoran California, was the driver of a UTV that rolled over in the Dumont Dunes Off Highway Vehicle Area near Baker CA. Mowdy was pronounced dead at the scene. The Barstow office of the California Highway Patrol is investigating the incident. 

I was there this weekend. The "W" was so hard on Saturday till about 2am Sunday. It was bad enough I could hardly shut the door on the trailer. We spoke with some people that had ran out to the hill around 10pm and saw the rangers there with the side x side on its side and sheets on the ground. I never heard the chopper and we were camped across the road from the ranger station. Always sad to hear.