FoDD Clean Up Weekend 2021 Trip Report

sand chick

WOW!

I am speechless at the turn out we had for the clean up this year! 

We rolled in Thursday night so we could spend Friday duning, as we knew the clean up event would take most of the day Saturday. We spent a short time visiting around the campfire before going to bed.

Up early Friday morning, but had to wait for the second ride of the day as I had homework to finish. But got in the mid morning run. It was a good one! Fast and nice lines. The black cloud started rolling in close and we made it back to camp just in time for the rain to start. So we played some dominos in the motorhome and waited it out.

The sky cleared up and the rain stopped just in time for the sunset run. Which was another great one. Sand was wet on top, but dry underneath. We watched the sun fade in the sky and headed back to camp for dinner and campfire stories. 

Jason rolled in and we had shots in the motorhome to celebrate the start of the Clean Up Weekend. We mapped out a game plan for the event and headed to get a good nights sleep.

Saturday morning we got busy getting ready. The Pink Box Doughnuts arrived and the coffee was flowing at the event area. I ran over to the BLM area to see if they needed any help to get the ball rolling. Jumped in and started handing out garbage bags to get the line moving along. 

The amount of people who turned out for the event was incredible! It was like it used to be back in the early 2000's. Maybe even more! It was exciting to see how many people showed up and cleaned up! Thank you all, each one of you. You cared, you showed up and you filled one large dumpster to overflowing.

It was time to head over to the clean up weekend event site near bathroom #4. The delicious food was almost ready to be served. @JeepingJay36 worked his butt off on the preparing another great BBQ lunch this year! Thank you for everything you do for this event!

Just before we got started on the raffle, the board of Friends of Dumont Dunes had an official meeting and I was voted in as the newest board member filling in the role of secretary. I can't wait to see what the future holds.

The quick draw and raffle prizes were off the chain! Even a full set of Toyo tires donated by the event sponser Dirt 2 Dunes Powersports. So many vendors, shops, businesses and individuals donated some amazing items! It took a while but we finally got through them all!

We broke from picking up after the event in just enough time for a sunset cruise. We enjoyed the empty dunes as everyone else was busy watching the drags.

Got in one last ride this morning before packing up and heading home.

201 days til October!

See you then Dumont! 

See you then!

PXL_20210312_145913649~2.jpg

PXL_20210312_145837513~2.jpg

PXL_20210312_163820879~2.jpg

PXL_20210312_162136712~2.jpg

PXL_20210312_172207615.jpg

PXL_20210312_193142828.jpg

PXL_20210312_193307507~2.jpg

PXL_20210312_193256781.jpg

PXL_20210313_012619523~2.jpg

PXL_20210313_012713882~2.jpg

PXL_20210313_013919950~2.jpg

PXL_20210313_014358146~2.jpg

Edited by sand chick
Title change for official FoDD report.
  • Like 5

Awesome turnout! Looks like you all did a great job. It's good to see how many people still care about Dumont. Thank you guys and thanks for posting this up Jodi. I wish I didn't have to miss it but work and other commitments didn't allow for it this year. 

• Like 3

• sand chick changed the title to FoDD Clean Up Weekend 2021 Trip Report
21 minutes ago, dunefreak said:

Awesome turnout! Looks like you all did a great job. It's good to see how many people still care about Dumont. Thank you guys and thanks for posting this up Jodi. I wish I didn't have to miss it but work and other commitments didn't allow for it this year. 

Pete you definitely missed a great one. The turn out was incredible. I'm still speechless at the turn out. We're already making big plans for next year. As the newly elected secretary of FoDD, I'm looking forward to seeing what the future holds for the organization.

• Like 2