Any trails close to Dunes to do some dirt riding?

Nocaltom

Hi, I'm heading out for a 5 day trip and a few of my friends  want to ride some dirt without  paddles one day. Are there any good areas around dumont area to ride a dirt bike? 

Thanks,

Tom

Alot of the area around Dumont is not open to OHV travel, but there are some trails that are open. You just have to stay on trail. Nothing really that great for a dirt bike, but it's still fun to go out and explore. Like raspadoo said, Sperry Wash- you'll see it when you pull in. Also, there's trails on the other side of 127 but they're mostly wide dirt roads. Somewhere out there, there's a cabin. I have yet to find it yet. 

IMG_20210306_103031445.jpg

IMG_20210306_103034626.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

just checking out the forum and came across this question.   yes many fun trails to check out and the cabin is definitely a must see.  short drive across dumont dunes.  OHV ok just stay on trails.   We will be at Dumont for president weekend.  happy to take you out there.  

iphone xfer  Nov 24 2020 037.JPG

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2022 at 7:54 PM, BusaBirth said:

just checking out the forum and came across this question.   yes many fun trails to check out and the cabin is definitely a must see.  short drive across dumont dunes.  OHV ok just stay on trails.   We will be at Dumont for president weekend.  happy to take you out there.  

iphone xfer  Nov 24 2020 037.JPG

Is this in Sperry Wash? I don't ever remember seeing it - gps or general area?

sorry for late response.   yes this is located the other side  of 127.    left turn only on BLM trail marker 221.  this is  Bob & Ward cabin, which is maintained by volunteers.   very cool canyon.   if you google Bob & Ward Cabin it will provide more info about this cabin

• Like 1