Newbies wanting to buy Sand Toy in Dumont Fri April 2 & Sat April 3rd.

2bizze

Newbie wanting to buy a Sand Toy. Completely undecided as to what kind. Undecided between Sandcar, Sandrail, Side-x-Side or a jeep. Exploring the remote sand dunes and a smooth ride are top priorities.

Last month we spent a day driving a stock 2021 Jeep (Not mine) around Glamis. We really enjoyed climbing Oldsmobile hill with the air conditioning still turned on.

That said convince me & my wife, what is the best way to explore the dunes. 

Sandcar: absolute best dune experience, plush ride, fastest dune experience, will do just about everything you want it to do if setup properly

SXS: fun for most people, will give you plenty of fun duning experience and will go just about everywhere you need it to go, plush ride, not the fastest, but fast enough for most, also more versatile- can go on desert or offroad adventures 

Jeep: Not the best vehicle to enjoy the dunes. Comfortable yes, but heavy and dangerous in some situations in the dunes. A sandcar or SXS will ride much better. Good for exploring & playing in the sand every once in a while, but not the most ideal to go to the dunes with if it's your only dune toy. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I had this same quandary about 2 years ago, I decided to go the side x side route as we often do some other riding from time to time that is not in the sand. I thoroughly enjoy the ability to just throw on some sand tires and go to the dunes or dirt tires and go out through the dirt. That being said it has not impacted the unmet need to drive a newer Funco...

• Like 1