The future doesn't look so bright!

SandBox_Kid

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I hate to say it (actually I don't), that ever since the Mexican Population has increased at the dunes (esp. Halloween) so has the TRASH LEFT BEHIND, definitely sh!t  Mariachi music blasting at all hours, and WAY too many Mexican flags.  This is the United States, if you come here and reap the rewards you should have the couth to fly the red white and blue!!!!  Oh yeah also SPEAK ENGLISH, and listen to music with English lyrics!!!!!

Edited by HTElectrical
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, HTElectrical said:

I hate to say it (actually I don't), that ever since the Mexican Population has increased at the dunes (esp. Halloween) so has the TRASH LEFT BEHIND, definitely sh!t  Mariachi music blasting at all hours, and WAY too many Mexican flags.  This is the United States, if you come here and reap the rewards you should have the couth to fly the red white and blue!!!!  Oh yeah also SPEAK ENGLISH, and listen to music with English lyrics!!!!!

While part of your statement is true, you have to remember this is America and one of our freedoms is being to listen to whatever music you want. You can even speak whatever language you want as well. It's not a law to speak English, however I feel if you are a citizen of this country you probably should. I'm just saying, not all of the Mexican population is like what you describe. The majority of them are respectable duners. Posts like this divide us and cause hate therefore only make the problem worse. There are bad apples in every group and color. I see alot of white teenagers driving side x sides at unsafe speeds and distances from camps. They are downright dangerous a-holes and have clearly had zero parenting. 

I agree the mariachi (and all) music goes a bit too late and way too loud. Many of them are pretty disrespectful in that department. I wish we could come to some sort of agreement when it comes to music out there. It's actually a BLM rule that nobody follows. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/5/2021 at 7:40 AM, dunefreak said:

...not all of the Mexican population is like what you describe. The majority of them are respectable duners. Posts like this divide us and cause hate therefore only make the problem worse.

You hit the nail on the head here. Everybody needs to chill out these days and not get agro. Enjoy the dunes and freedom to ride them.

• Like 2

There are so many good times to go to Dumont, we are hooked on the Holiday weekends, (cool stuff to see, stop and see so many friends), I get it is a place to let loose, I fully understand that, i am good with all the music, well not country music, but what makes me sad, is now, Halloween seems more about festival than what it use to be.  you have so many people now going there just to party with NO offroad vehicles, 

I see camps now with one SXS, NO buggies and 25 people,  I really dont see this on any other Holiday, 

I think it will feel not like Halloween for some time,  In the future for the kids we will show up Saturday and later in the week as people are leaving,  or just not go for Halloween, 

Get rid of the people that only own SXS and that will fix the issue, LOL   

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We camp away from most people.

We run mostly electric heat in the TH so a quiet Inverter generator is essential at night and not to disturb others. In that case then the propane central heat so we can turn off the generator.

This uses gasoline at 1/3 the rate of burning propane. Much easier to refill the generator than dealing with propane too.

Comical looking isn't it?

yjFeGYy.jpg

We pick up others trash left behind. We can say for sure in Dumont it's changed in the past 20 years from a shopping bag full to 6 or 7 trash bags full each trip.

But still 99% of Dumonts visitors are good campers, leave nothing but firewood behind. Its the 1%'ers than makes us all look bad. Before the pit toilets were installed it was much worse.

That girl you see out there with a trash bag and a German Shepard is the wife gleaning what other left behind.

We recently RV camped at Jean Dry lake and collected bullet ridden TV sets, sofas, shade loungers and Terribles was kind enough to let us use their dumpster.

Wife says when other campers see us out picking up trash they tend to be more conscientious and not so often leave a messy campsite.

Wife and our German Shepard picking up campsite trash:

o0rGfRG.jpg

We stopped off at Ricks Rollin' Smoke in Vegas and some employees recognized the wife from picking up trash at the dunes. They comp'd our meals and drinks.

We didn't realize once it but the music were were playing not too loud had an "acoustic bounce". It was fascinating, we had no clue until the campers from a football field away rolled up ask us to play some more after we turned it off.  "We like that you didn't play that damn Banjo Music others play."  they told us. I think they were referring to Country Music.

So we hold that thought and don't play any music if campers are within ear shot reach of the sound.

Edited by Sticky Dipstick
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...