Summer Riding Anyone?

skorkiler

Hey All,

It's been a while since I've visited Dumont but I've loved every trip.  Question.....Does anyone here visit Dumont during the summer months?  I'm thinking of heading out there around 8/1.  I have been to dumont dozens of times but never in the dead of summer and my last trip was over 10 years ago.  I'm getting back into it now that my kids are getting old enough to ride.  We are planning on being there Turkey Week but my wife, who has never been, wants to get some visuals on it before hand.

Thanks for your input.

Hey welcome to DDR. We used to go quite a bit in the summer for sunrise rides because we're close enough for a day trip (living in Vegas). You have to go super early and get out of there by 10 or 11 AM if you do go. Be extremely careful. The dunes are super sketchy in summer with lots of drop offs, razors, witch eyes, etc. Be extra prepared.

Here a few tips I put together, 

• Like 1

Hey Pete,

Thanks a ton for that info.  I think I've decided that its a bit too short notice to try to go duning in the summer heat after reading your tips.  I really appreciate that info sir. 

FYI, I used to live in Vegas and still have friends in Henderson....Wish I was that close to Dumont still but it's a 9 hour trip for me from northern Cali now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2021 at 10:28 AM, skorkiler said:

Hey Pete,

Thanks a ton for that info.  I think I've decided that its a bit too short notice to try to go duning in the summer heat after reading your tips.  I really appreciate that info sir. 

FYI, I used to live in Vegas and still have friends in Henderson....Wish I was that close to Dumont still but it's a 9 hour trip for me from northern Cali now.

Probably a good call. It is crazy hot right now. Wait until October for a much more enjoyable and safe experience. See you in the sand!