Anyone know what happened?

dunefreak

Friday night the helicopter landed right on the flats near the bottom of the face hill just the right of the superbowl. There were Rangers like crazy over there. It was dark and we couldn't see much of what was going on. Anyone know what happened? :driver:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no idea, I was camped about 200 yards away.

anybody?

Did you see the long travel car on the open trailer, the completely wrecked one? I talked to the guy, amazing.......story and he walked away.

I didn't see that car.

As for the helicopter story...I member on DSD told me what happened.

It was a guy from Utah that was camped with him. The guy was apparently drinking and crashed only about 200 feet from his camp. He was wearing a helmet and suffered some major injuries. "They said that pretty much of all his injuries were internal, he had a colapsed lung in the parking lot, and when they landed in Vegas his other lung colapsed." He died at the hospital. :(

...very sad to hear these kind of stories. :( This is a reminder how dangerous drinking and riding can be. You just never know what is gonna happen. Be careful people!

no idea, I was camped about 200 yards away.

anybody?

Did you see the long travel car on the open trailer, the completely wrecked one? I talked to the guy, amazing.......story and he walked away.

We saw the rail Friday morning but don't know what happened. We were curious about the story, that rail looked pretty bad. Good to hear that he walked away.

That is really sad to hear , my prayers go out to the family................

Dont take this wrong but i understand its sad and all ...but what do u guys think will happen after you go ridin after youve been drinking .....To me these people sort of have it comin ...i know it sounds really rude and all but im not tryin to sound like that at all ....im just saying if your gonna drink u shouldnt ride at all ....even after one ....but thats just my way of lookin at it ...correct me if im wrong ...

Drink

go ride

crash

get hurt

got what you deserve

hurt someone else not what they deserve

I have been going to Dumont for more than 25 years and it seems that more people are drinking than ever before. Im not agains drinking but leave it for the camp fire.

Amen to that bro , glad to see i aint the only one who feels that way

Amen to that bro , glad to see i aint the only one who feels that way

You're not the only one, Chase.

I won't go out anymore after drinking for a while in camp. No way. :shocked2: It's dangerous enough out there...not to mention to consequences you will have to face if you get in an accident under the influence. Even if a couple beers don't make you impaired, you might be facing some serious time in jail if you happen to get in an accident. You could not even be at fault and the cops will point the finger at you since you have any amount of alcohol in your system. I'd rather be safe than sorrry.

did the guy have any dune experience??? it seems no a days lots of people can afford to buy the bad a$$ rails/quads/bikes etc., but have really no experience out there. example of to much money. hope fully this wasnt the case. sorry to hear what happend to him. thats horrible. but again people get comfortable with a cage around them, might think it wont happen to me.....and it does. :shocked2:

You're not the only one, Chase.

I won't go out anymore after drinking for a while in camp. No way. :shocked2: It's dangerous enough out there...not to mention to consequences you will have to face if you get in an accident under the influence. Even if a couple beers don't make you impaired, you might be facing some serious time in jail if you happen to get in an accident. You could not even be at fault and the cops will point the finger at you since you have any amount of alcohol in your system. I'd rather be safe than sorrry.

Hey pete im glad you agree also , atfirst me and rcjunky3 though i commited suicide by starting this thread .....But im glad to see more of you out there who feel the same way

did the guy have any dune experience??? it seems no a days lots of people can afford to buy the bad a$$ rails/quads/bikes etc., but have really no experience out there. example of to much money. hope fully this wasnt the case. sorry to hear what happend to him. thats horrible. but again people get comfortable with a cage around them, might think it wont happen to me.....and it does. :shocked2:

You make it sound like people with money shouldn't go to the dunes, is it reserved for white trash? I think you meant people with no common sense, with or without money. Payments on a quad are probably $150 a month for a 450......not that much money for a powerful quad that can hurt you.

Edited by JoeDuner

You make it sound like people with money shouldn't go to the dunes, is it reserved for white trash? I think you meant people with no common sense, with or without money. Payments on a quad are probably $150 a month for a 450......not that much money for a powerful quad that can hurt you.

What are u gettin at ?? All the normal people who cant afford 100 grand rails and diesel pushers or nice toy hailers are white trash? Big deal i may not own a brand new truck hauler or a rail but me and my old dodge and my 150 a month 450 and a tent are right at home at the dunes , and if thats white trash so be it , you can have all your fancy stuff , who need all that to be happy at the dunes ...

Edited by 1Bad4FiddyinLv

Who cares with or without money, if your buddys look like this :shocked2: DONT RIDE!!! Just my suggestion, due to first hand experience, luckily I just stuffed the rhino in a hole and bent the spindle and steering wheel, but more importantly, theres to many innocent people out there that dont deserve to get hit by a drunk dumbass in a rhino!!! or rail!!! or anything!!!!!!!!

Who cares with or without money, if your buddys look like this :blury: DONT RIDE!!! Just my suggestion, due to first hand experience, luckily I just stuffed the rhino in a hole and bent the spindle and steering wheel, but more importantly, theres to many innocent people out there that dont deserve to get hit by a drunk dumbass in a rhino!!! or rail!!! or anything!!!!!!!!

:shake: :shocked2: :dunno::drinkbeer::banghead::dunno::driver:

From the thread on DSD it looks like the rider hit a burm from a kiddie track! :dunno: :shocked2: It's very sad to see how somebody else's ignorance and neglect can cause a death to someone else. If you have kids and they make a kiddie track that causes these worm holes/ burms/ holes/ etc...PLEASE LEVEL THEM OUT BEFORE YOU LEAVE! They are extremely dangerous and can obviously kill a rider that comes up on them.

On Saturday, I noticed that exact burm of sand that the guy was talking about when I drove across the flats in my car. The thing was a huge hole and then a big embankment of sand. I thought to myself, damn that looks dangerous. Sad to see it claimed a life and could have been prevented. :(

excellant point pete i remember on friday morning while heading to comp across the flats i hit part of one of those tracks on my quad and i thought i was going to eat it hard only 10 minutes into being at dumont.

best regards to the family

How do we go from the topic of drinking and riding .To the age old question of who has it better the haves or the have not's. Just asking .

exactly...friggin off topic people! :drinkbeer: :shocked2:

I tried getting it back on topic but then you changed it up again! :banghead::dunno: