Has anybody dual-sport their sandcar?

dunefreak

Been thinking about going on some mild desert rides with my buggy in some of the lesser rocky areas. I picked up some desert tires a while back from @sandmandanbut they are a bit too wide. I'd also like to go with a taller skinny look like some of the desert buggies I've seen racing. Thinking 35x10x15 on 5.5 inch beadlocks might be the look I'm going for. Gives it a decent amount of clearance but not too wide. Any input? 

tires.jpg

I recently saw this Funco down in Havasu at the Mudshark Brewery. Love those shaved Mickey Thompsons. I may even go that route on all 4. If you have any pics of desert tires on your buggy, please post em up. 

20220814_113722.jpg

On 9/3/2022 at 2:42 PM, jalper said:

i would be down,  also of think about the back area of sand hollow, 

Full hookups, then hang at the lake, then can dune and some mild desert 

I think we should do it! Sand Hollow is awesome. Let's go there for Halloween weekend. lol 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, 69hondo said:

The fronts are actually metric but come out to be 34x8.5 the rears are 35x12.5x15

ok that helps. Thanks for the info. Just trying to figure out what size to go with. I have a full set of 33x12.50x15 but that is much too wide for the front. I may buy some 33x10 or similar sxs offfroad tire and mount them on 5 or 5.5" wheels. 

• Like 1