Thanksgiving Weekend Report

HappyHour

Are you guys fricken kidding me are we not looking at the same pictures? If these people would have died, and we were looking at the exact same pictures that are posted, your comments would be completely different.... The cage did not hold up even close to good.... If that were me there is no way in hell I would put my family back in the same car, thats just myself.... Maybe im retarded...But the most important thing is that they were ok and well....definetely could have been a worse result......I dont want people to think im writing this trying to say our car is better, thats not the case at all.....I just know the differnce in the bars bending and a good amount of welds broke, and bars broke from what looks like heat stress from welding.....again just my opinion....should have just keplt it to myself to start with ohh well....

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laughing::beerpint::dunno:

Damn! I DID see you! :hello::laughoff:

Sanddunesaddict & I were over there on Raptors (wearings jackets for a dune ride). I was on a black Raptor (almost stock) and he was on a blue Raptor (also alomst stock). We even commented on your bike. We were like , "Hey that bike was teh bike on DDR somewhere with the loose a$$ chain in teh pic!" :dunno: :jester: I can't believe we missed that it was you! And you were even wearing a DDR shirt too you said huh? double---> :laughoff::laughoff: :yeah_whatever:

Yup, that was me! And I was wearing a DDR shirt lmao....Oh, and by the way I got the chain all tightend up now, Thanks! :hello:

Are you guys fricken kidding me are we not looking at the same pictures? If these people would have died, and we were looking at the exact same pictures that are posted, your comments would be completely different.... The cage did not hold up even close to good.... If that were me there is no way in hell I would put my family back in the same car, thats just myself.... Maybe im retarded...But the most important thing is that they were ok and well....definetely could have been a worse result......I dont want people to think im writing this trying to say our car is better, thats not the case at all.....I just know the differnce in the bars bending and a good amount of welds broke, and bars broke from what looks like heat stress from welding.....again just my opinion....should have just keplt it to myself to start with ohh well....

Did you say retarded? Dee De Dee :laughing: :yeah_whatever:

THOSE WELDS DID DO RIGHT. THOSE WELDS SEPERATED AT THE INTERSECTION, THAT IS WRONG, IF COMPLETLY WELDED IT WOULD OF LOOKED MORE TORN. BUT IT COULD OF BEEN WORSE. GLAD TO SEE EVERYONE WAS OK. :headbang1:

Edited by maxdout

ALSO LOOKING AT THE PICS, THE WELDS DID HOLD TOGETHER, BUT AS CHUCKY MENTIONED THE BREAK WAS CAUSED BY THE HEAT....BUT WELDING IS HEAT. ALSO LOOKING AT WERE OTHER BREAKS IN THE FRAME OCCURED,WAS WHEN BENDING TUBE, FRICTION IS CAUSED/HEAT AND LOOKS LIKE MAYBE IT BROKE THERE. BUT EVERYONE NEEDS TO REMEMBER OR THINK ABOUT THE HUGE AMOUNT OF STRESS AND TOUQUE ON THAT FRAME AS IT TUMBLED. ALL IN ALL IT DID DO ITS JOB, IN MY OPINION.

Edited by maxdout

Chuck, I appreciate and respect your opinion regarding this topic. I do disagree with it emensely. That is what is great about living in the USA..........we can agree to disagree!! The people who own this car are what I would consider friends of mine. I have camped with them a ton of times out at Dumont and I am just so very glad that the lovely lady driving this car and her passenger are OK...... :jester:

See you in the sand........... :headbang1: :fro: :laughoff::woo_hoo::DDRrocks::laughoff:

"And that's all I have to say about that"............ :D

Edited by HappyHour

:woo_hoo: hi im new here, anyways i am the crying husband of the dumb&blind not drunk, lady that went over comp hill on sat night.just wanted to clear that up.so yeah she went over in her mini r-1 powered single seat rail @ about 40to50mph,you are right i thought she was dead.all of us went up there terrified thinking the worst i was the first one up there.first i saw the rail pointed up hill and then i saw my dumba$# wife standing there out of the car laughing.after i hugged her i nagged her pretty good.then i noticed her rear tires buried in the sand, the dingy chick actually tried to take off again after flying approx 150 feet. the car is way over kill on suspension it sucked up the landing only blowing a paddle and bending a steering knuckle.also what saved her is she never let off the throttle as she is still a rookie so the car never flipped.the cause of this mishap is bad depth perception at night ant the poor judgement from me letting her go up at night.the sherriff's /rescue guys & a bunch of others could not believe she was'nt hurt.so hey everyone keep a tight reign on those rookies cause it is hell thinking you are part of the cause of a accident.!!!!!!!!!!

I can understand how worried you could have been. As for calling your wife a dumbass, that seems a bit harsh and disrespectful don't you think? :laughoff:

Hey Everyone, I was not drunk that is for ignorant people to be drunk and get in their rail. I was laughing due to the fact I survived, and also thought that was a kick in the pants! Yeah I'm a rookie and got a rude awakening due to the fact I got a little to big for my britches since I can keep up with the big boys as a rookie when we dune. At least I survived to learn not to do that ever again!!! So drunk I was NOT, STUPID I WAS!!! See you all out there New Years! Squirrel

Glad to see you were ok after such a crazy launch off comp! :laughoff: Oh and BTW, you and your husband need different screen names. I was getting confused reading the posts! :blury::DDRrocks: :jester:

On a different subject, but same thread....

As for the discussion of cage safety, PLEASE don't start that crap again you guys- not here. This thread is for THANKSGIVING REPORTS! Start a thread about it in sandrail talk and keep it cool w/o all the arguing again like the last time. :headbang1: :fro:

My Thanksgiving report...............I spent a very relaxing weekend at home with my wife and baby girl. We had a very nice T-day dinner with the family and spent the rest of the weekend chillin' out :woo_hoo: I was at Dumont the weekend before and never once did I wish I was out there with every other Tom, d*ck, and Harry in the western hemisphere.......... :DDRrocks:

Just to get this thread back on track........... :headbang1: :fro: :jester: :laughoff::laughoff:

ITS ALL GOOD We are all very thankfull that the two of you walked away and will make it out for another weekend in the dunes with your family!!! Your new Trick car will defanitly be a very welcome addition to your toy box :headbang1: Give us a call when you are ready to head out again we are always ready to hang out in the dunes!!!!

ITS ALL GOOD We are all very thankfull that the two of you walked away and will make it out for another weekend in the dunes with your family!!! Your new Trick car will defanitly be a very welcome addition to your toy box :headbang1: Give us a call when you are ready to head out again we are always ready to hang out in the dunes!!!!

Is it true the hot chick riding passenger was a playboy centerfold? She was way hot....

THANK'S ,WE WILL CALL WHEN We are all very thankfull that the two of you walked away and will make it out for another weekend in the dunes with your family!!! Your new Trick car will defanitly be a very welcome addition to your toy box :DDRrocks: Give us a call when you are ready to head out again we are always ready to hang out in the dunes!!!!

WE HEAD BACK OUT NOT SURE HOW SOON. ALWAYS HAVE FUN HANGING OUT WITH YOUR FAMILY. TALKED TO HOLLY SHE IS DOING GREAT GOING ON A MODELING JOB TODAY AND NEXT WEEK SHE IS STARTING TO PRACTIC FOR LINGERIE FOOTBALL THAT IS GOING TO BE ON PAY PREVIEW SUPER BOWL. :P HOPE ALL IS WELL AND THANKS FOR THE THOUGHS....BY THE WAY COOL JUMPS CANT WAIT TO SEE YA DO IT AGAIN.WILL HAVE MY CAMARA NEXT TRIP. :headbang1:

ITS ALL GOOD

ITS ALL GOOD We are all very thankfull that the two of you walked away and will make it out for another weekend in the dunes with your family!!! Your new Trick car will defanitly be a very welcome addition to your toy box :DDRrocks: Give us a call when you are ready to head out again we are always ready to hang out in the dunes!!!!

We were watching you guys jump over there :headbang1: Didn't it freak you out when you came down alittle sideways and landed on your rear tire.

Chuck, I appreciate and respect your opinion regarding this topic. I do disagree with it emensely. That is what is great about living in the USA..........we can agree to disagree!! The people who own this car are what I would consider friends of mine. I have camped with them a ton of times out at Dumont and I am just so very glad that the lovely lady driving this car and her passenger are OK...... :fro:

See you in the sand........... :DDRrocks::blury::woo_hoo: :jester: :laughoff::laughoff:

"And that's all I have to say about that"............ :D

THANK'S AND YES WE ARE BOTH DOING GREAT..HOLLY WAS GOING ON A MODELING JOB TODAY AND NEXT WEEK SHE IS STARTING PRACTIC FOR LINGERIE FOOTBALL THAT IS GOING TO BE ON PAY PREVIEW SUPER BOWL AND FOR THE GUY THAT ASKED ABOUT CENTERFOLD NO SHE HAS NOT....BUT YES SHE IS ONE HOT LITTLE CHICK. HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL IN THE DUNES SOON. TAKE CARE. :headbang1:

post-1206-1164830794.jpgpost-1206-1164830918.jpgOur thanksgiving weekend was great, We were at Ocotillo wells again this year, Riding was awsome, T-day dinner was excellent, good weather, good friends and no injurys. Heres a couple of pics, first one is my buddy jumping his rhino, and my youngest daughter jumping her 80.

holy crap you are up there in the rhino!!!!!! How was the landing, I think the person in the back round was saying oh $hit!!!!

Landing was good downhill in a small valley, stock rhino except for the cage, seats, tires and lights those rhinos sure are tough

My observations

chp in shoshone will single you out for window tint (what an a$$hat)

Pete sleeps in way to late

stacey never seems to leave camp

I can't seem to get to the ddr rides on time so i miss them

my car handles better with nitrogen in the shocks and less air in the paddles

packing up on sunday with a hangover is no f'n fun

in all the weekend was great

My observations

chp in shoshone will single you out for window tint (what an a$$hat)

Pete sleeps in way to late

stacey never seems to leave camp

I can't seem to get to the ddr rides on time so i miss them

my car handles better with nitrogen in the shocks and less air in the paddles

packing up on sunday with a hangover is no f'n fun

in all the weekend was great

COME ON!!! I was at COMP every night, how do I never leave camp. Be around more and you would know these things!!! :P:laughoff::headbang1::rockwoot::offtopic:

In all honesty, I did hang around camp chillin alot this trip. Nothing wrong with those kinda trips when they are so many Aholes in the dunes on a busy weekend. Dunes were to rutted up, wasnt enjoyable to ride!

Edited by Sincity_blondie

once again had a great time this past weekend :D t-day potluck was awesome :headbang1: nice to have a camp that you can walk to the other side :rockwoot: miss big camp though. discovered i like to drink monster (assult) and vodka :offtopic: thanks to craig aka 9digit for whatever i was drinking at comp...got to meet some more DDR peeps also. GOOD TIMES like always :laughoff::laughoff:

here are a few pics all are in gallery :D:laughoff:

post-672-1164864676.jpg

post-672-1164864839.jpg

post-672-1164864876.jpg

post-672-1164865268.jpg

post-672-1164865336.jpg

post-672-1164865368.jpg

post-672-1164865533.jpg

once again had a great time this past weekend :D t-day potluck was awesome :headbang1: nice to have a camp that you can walk to the other side :rockwoot: miss big camp though. discovered i like to drink monster (assult) and vodka :offtopic: thanks to craig aka 9digit for whatever i was drinking at comp...got to meet some more DDR peeps also. GOOD TIMES like always :laughoff::laughoff:

here are a few pics all are in gallery :D:laughoff:

dang, how did I manage to get in so many pics??? :jester: :driver::slap::blury::laughoff: