Thanksgiving Weekend Report

HappyHour

Here we go again, first off, you guys are so lucky to be alive after seeing those pictures....The car barely did its job, im sure you realize this..... just curious, would you buy that car again after seeing how it basically crumbled? I think those pictures are nothing sand buggy supply cars would brag about!!!!!!!! Glad everyone was alright!!

Why does it have to be that way? "Here we go again?" post-475-1164749578.gif

I for one am very happy to see that they walked away...the frame did what it was intended to do.....save lives.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does it have to be that way? "Here we go again?" post-475-1164749578.gif

I for one am very happy to see that they walked away...the frame did what it was intended to do.....save lives.

Here! Here! :thumb: I'm with you. Let it go. I was sitting there where the Trophy Truck or what ever it was, was jumping that little hill and saw it happen scared the sh*t outta me. Stayed away that time. I didn't need to see again what I did at Halloween. I am glad you guys are OK. Thank god and a GOOD Frame. :offtopic::think::coocoo:

hey chucky it could have been worse.. they could be DEAD... as a pilot i look at it this way.. any good landing ( rollover wreck whatever ) you walk away from is a good one. :D

As a Pilot??????

I thought you had to have (2) perfectly good working eyes to become a Pilot.........Do you know someone? :coocoo::thumb::think:

I AM THE DRIVER OF THE IT'A ALL GOOD CAR THAT ROLLED ON COMP HILL ON SATURDAY. I HAVE BEEN DUNING FOR 18 YRS AND THIS IS THE FIRST (AND I HOPE LAST) FLIP I EVER DO. THANKS SO MUCH TO ALL THAT HELP GETTING THE CAR DOWN AND ONTO THE TRAILER TO GET IT BACK TO CAMP. TO THOSE OF YOU THAT HAD A BAD THING TO SAY ABOUT SAND BUUGY SUPPY CARS... IT DID IT'S JOB AND WE BOTH WALKED OUT OF THE ROLL AND WE HAD 4 HARD HITS.I AM NOT SURE WHEN I WILL GET BACK INTO THE DRIVER SEAT BUT ONE DAY I WILL. I LOVE TO RIDE AND DRIVE BUT WHEN YOU SEE THE LOOK ON YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS FACES AND YOUR LIFE GO BEFORE YOUR EYES..... IT'S A WAKE UP CALL. I JUST WONT TO SAY TO MY FAMILY SORRY I SCARED THE sh*t OUT OF YOU ALL :thumb: BUT WE MADE IT....AND IT'S ALL GOOD..... THANKS AGAIN ALL. GOD BLESS... :coocoo:

Glad to see you walked away with minor injuries. It was a good day!!!

Here we go again, first off, you guys are so lucky to be alive after seeing those pictures....The car barely did its job, im sure you realize this..... just curious, would you buy that car again after seeing how it basically crumbled? I think those pictures are nothing sand buggy supply cars would brag about!!!!!!!! Glad everyone was alright!!

Not to start crap, but you cant live your life with WHAT IF. The way I look at things, no matter what your doing, or driving, riding, etc, when its your time, its your time.

You gotta live life to the fullest while your here, cause whether we wanna admit it or not, LIFE IS SHORT.

So enjoy it. Live every moment like its your last, cause you never know, it may very well be. :think:

Hey Chuck.......the car did exactly what it was supposed to do. It did not "crumble" as you say. The cockpit area bars stayed upright and did not crush. They kept the driver and passenger safe so they could walk away from it. I don't care what kind of car you have, if you roll and have at least 3 good hits, bars are going to bend, some will even crack and break apart, but as long as the cockpit area stays upright and protects the driver and passengers, it DID do it's job!!!! I worked on Nascar stock cars for 14 years and I have seen a lot of crashes, and seeing what this frame went through, I would definitely buy the same car again and again. Fact is, the driver and passenger walked away from the roll, they are sore, but not broken up and most of all ALIVE.... :think::coocoo: You say the car "barely did it's job".......I say it most definitely did it's job....... :thumb:

I am glad to see you gals were ok after that. To be able to walk away from that kind of tumble says a lot. So to everyone else just be thankful and lets not get into another week long heated debate on chassis safety again! Fact is, they took a hard tumble and the car DID hold together enough to keep them here with us. Just my $.02. :yeah_whatever:

As a Pilot??????

I thought you had to have (2) perfectly good working eyes to become a Pilot.........Do you know someone? :yeah_whatever: :laughing::beerpint:

20/20 out of both eyes who says they have to work at the same time :D

I just talked with Brian (my neighbor and a solid dude), the guy who was life flighted to LV from the rail launching over the other side of comp hill. He is sore and has quite a concussion but is feeling better if not still a little :beerpint: from the :laughing: . Can't wait till my next trip down, hopefully with Brian and family in tow. :yeah_whatever:

I just talked with Brian (my neighbor and a solid dude), the guy who was life flighted to LV from the rail launching over the other side of comp hill. He is sore and has quite a concussion but is feeling better if not still a little :beerpint: from the :laughing: . Can't wait till my next trip down, hopefully with Brian and family in tow. :yeah_whatever:

Glad to hear he is doing good. :D

that was my friends dad they left in gear someone wasn't paying attention when it got hooked up

did anyone see that suzuki side kick or whatever on the 127 going into baker from dumont.....The thing was smokin...looked like it had been on fire for about 12hrs.........everything was melted except for the rims, body and frame.....

Hey Sean. I was over at Banshee Hill looking for you Saturday AM but I forgot what kind of bike you had. :yeah_whatever: Which one was it? :beerpint:

I did have the banner up at our camp and we were just about a couple hundred feet from bathroom 6...no big balloon this time though. Sorry we missed you, maybe next time. :D:laughing:

Pete, I dont know how I missed you guys. I was right in the same area as you...I guess sometimes the obvious is not all that obvious lmao!

My bike was the drap Raptor with black plastics and a candy blue frame with the dual pipes. Here is a pic from a few months ago, its a little different now but basically the same....

IMG_0209.jpg

Pete, I dont know how I missed you guys. I was right in the same area as you...I guess sometimes the obvious is not all that obvious lmao!

My bike was the drap Raptor with black plastics and a candy blue frame with the dual pipes. Here is a pic from a few months ago, its a little different now but basically the same....

IMG_0209.jpg

HEY! That's the guy that was doing wheelies by camp.

J/K Nice bike by the way. :yeah_whatever:

IMG_0209.jpg

:laughing::beerpint::dunno:

Damn! I DID see you! :hello::laughoff:

Sanddunesaddict & I were over there on Raptors (wearings jackets for a dune ride). I was on a black Raptor (almost stock) and he was on a blue Raptor (also alomst stock). We even commented on your bike. We were like , "Hey that bike was teh bike on DDR somewhere with the loose a$$ chain in teh pic!" :dunno::laughoff: I can't believe we missed that it was you! And you were even wearing a DDR shirt too you said huh? double---> :hello::laughoff: :yeah_whatever:

not to get off the subject,,just remember thats chuckies side of the story,,we are glad the every one came out a live and did not roll any more.. esp after leaving there camp roosting dust devils!!!!I believe that was the car that was on the gas coming out of the huge camp and dusted three camps when it left,,,,,again sorry about the car and glad you women are safe!!!

:yeah_whatever: :laughing:

Here's a pan of banshee hill yesterday. Don't let the picture fool ya, in about 30 minutes about triple the people show up. Banshee hill was very popular that night.

We saw....2... that's TWO people drag race up some of the steeper comp hills at night, they just kept going at the top... right over the edge!!!!!!!

I was sitting around the fire watching one of the frontside hills, I call it bolt on hill because the guys with no mods like to race there. It was about 8 or 9 at night, I am watching a group of 4 go up, 3 stop before the top, the 4th goes right over into the pitch blackness.. I jumped on my bike and raced over, I just knew he would be hurt bad... His was ok, but the tires on his bike were pointing in different directions...LOL It was so freaky to see him launch off into black space.... it's pitch black on the dark side of these hills.

Then an hour later at the main comp hill, a drunk lady on a single seat sand rail did the same friggen thing!!! She launched off the main comp hill!!! It looked like she did a forward flip, everyone was thinking of that rail crash at halloween which was probably just like that... about 30 of us start shooting up the hill including the womans husband, he was crying the whole time, he just knew she was dead.

She flattened her rear tire but was otherwise ok, she acted like it was no big deal, but her husband in tears and the 30 or so people around her didn't agree...

Crazy!

big pic.

http://www.angelfire.com/al/metalalien/pic..._hill_11_06.JPG

:yeah_whatever: hi im new here, anyways i am the crying husband of the dumb&blind not drunk, lady that went over comp hill on sat night.just wanted to clear that up.so yeah she went over in her mini r-1 powered single seat rail @ about 40to50mph,you are right i thought she was dead.all of us went up there terrified thinking the worst i was the first one up there.first i saw the rail pointed up hill and then i saw my dumba$# wife standing there out of the car laughing.after i hugged her i nagged her pretty good.then i noticed her rear tires buried in the sand, the dingy chick actually tried to take off again after flying approx 150 feet. the car is way over kill on suspension it sucked up the landing only blowing a paddle and bending a steering knuckle.also what saved her is she never let off the throttle as she is still a rookie so the car never flipped.the cause of this mishap is bad depth perception at night ant the poor judgement from me letting her go up at night.the sherriff's /rescue guys & a bunch of others could not believe she was'nt hurt.so hey everyone keep a tight reign on those rookies cause it is hell thinking you are part of the cause of a accident.!!!!!!!!!!

Awsome times were had by all......no injuries in our camp....Thanks again for the shirts pete.....Saw one a-hole doin brodies and haulin a$$ through camps around 9 or so on fri night doin around 60 :yeah_whatever: , i think he got a nice dent in the side of his truck when someone threw a beer at him.....stopped soon after that, and one a hole on comp thurs night was drivin all over the face cuttin people off all night.....but we had a Great Time though..... :beerpint:

I bet that was the same a$$hole that was charging the little hill in front of comp!!! We were hanging out about that same time, next to the last row, when this jerk in a dark gray pickup almost rolled it, then decided to haul a$$ around our group, kids and all, (quads, a couple of trucks) and charge that hill again! Took off like a bat out of hell headin' for the whoops and camps! :laughing: Where's Ranger Bob when you need him!

The 'Mrs', again :D

Hey Everyone, I was not drunk that is for ignorant people to be drunk and get in their rail. I was laughing due to the fact I survived, and also thought that was a kick in the pants! Yeah I'm a rookie and got a rude awakening due to the fact I got a little to big for my britches since I can keep up with the big boys as a rookie when we dune. At least I survived to learn not to do that ever again!!! So drunk I was NOT, STUPID I WAS!!! See you all out there New Years! Squirrel

Hey Everyone, I was not drunk that is for ignorant people to be drunk and get in their rail. I was laughing due to the fact I survived, and also thought that was a kick in the pants! Yeah I'm a rookie and got a rude awakening due to the fact I got a little to big for my britches since I can keep up with the big boys as a rookie when we dune. At least I survived to learn not to do that ever again!!! So drunk I was NOT, STUPID I WAS!!! See you all out there New Years! Squirrel

Glad to hear you're okay. We saw you go over and the mob that left to check on you. We all live and learn from our mistakes, god knows I have. See you in the sand.