Yamahas next step with Rhinos:

Ross and Alice

I dont think your camparing apples to apples. I see nice sammys for 3000, already lifted or on wheels/tires etc. A stock beater sammy (5 spd) goes for 800-1600 ......800 on wheels and tires and it goes anywhere a rhino goes. Infact lifting it is not needed at all, all it does is make it easier to roll. They are for getting around not duning, if you want to go duning get a rail.

Edited by 1320

I dont think your camparing apples to apples. I see nice sammys for 3000, already lifted or on wheels/tires etc. A stock beater sammy (5 spd) goes for 800-1600 ......800 on wheels and tires and it goes anywhere a rhino goes. Infact lifting it is not needed at all, all it does is make it easier to roll. They are for getting around not duning, if you want to go duning get a rail.

well, i can't dune like a rail, but I can dune pretty good with my ranger.

don't get me wrong, I am not knocking the Sammy's, I had some good times in one during high school....almost 20 yrs ago now :headbang1: there are plenty of after market parts for them too, which makes them a good budget build. Sure, you can go high dollar in them, and you can also keep the cost down...it is entirely what the owner wants to do with them.

Actually lifting a Sammy makes it MORE stable. With lifting it usually comes wider axles and wider tires on it making it more stable. My buddy Jeremy found this out- he is way into rock crawling and 4 wheeling w/ Samurai's. His is bada$$ :laughoff:

:headbang1::laughoff::DDRrocks:

i have heard of a few fatal accidents... people getting ejected and then squashed by the roll cage... I have heard of people loosing fingers over them and the list goes on... i was just attempting to prove the guy wrong that you can get alot more vehicle for less cash and the vehicles sole purpose isnt farm equiptment. :D

Yep....t-day weekend in Cali....13 yr old turned too sharp, tipped it over and the cage landed on her head and neck. I think they could be safe with the proper safety equipment and not driving over it's capability. I'd like to have one someday.

Dont you think that some of these modded rhino's arent really being operated with the intent that Yamaha had for them? jumping ,drunken operators under aged operators theres more things Im sure.People need to be responceable... something that dosent exist in todays world...If you fall off and get hurt you should accept the fact..

Edited by HarleyR

• 3 weeks later...

um....raising anything makes it more unstable to tipping over. Widening and offset wheels are the opposite. If you widen and put offset wheels on a stock hieght sammy, it is more stable then if you then lift it.

BTW, I got a sammy. 1987, salvage title, flat tire, dent in front bumper. I had to do a little wiring to get it to run. Im into it for 12 $ yes twelve hole dollars and change so far. I drove it tonight up and down the street. It had a spare inside but the tread is coming apart on it. Aftermarket wheels, 59k miles, 5 sp, 4x4, tin top that Ill be doing some body mods to. Even the paint is decent. Its missing the gas cap, and oil fill cap.

12 bucks, so far, so I guess Im buying wheels and tires for the dunes, 1200 desert traks probably. bummer, Ill probably be into it to 1000 after wheels /tires, a cage, and harnesses.

um....raising anything makes it more unstable to tipping over. Widening and offset wheels are the opposite. If you widen and put offset wheels on a stock hieght sammy, it is more stable then if you then lift it.

BTW, I got a sammy. 1987, salvage title, flat tire, dent in front bumper. I had to do a little wiring to get it to run. Im into it for 12 $ yes twelve hole dollars and change so far. I drove it tonight up and down the street. It had a spare inside but the tread is coming apart on it. Aftermarket wheels, 59k miles, 5 sp, 4x4, tin top that Ill be doing some body mods to. Even the paint is decent. Its missing the gas cap, and oil fill cap.

12 bucks, so far, so I guess Im buying wheels and tires for the dunes, 1200 desert traks probably. bummer, Ill probably be into it to 1000 after wheels /tires, a cage, and harnesses.

twelve bucks? :xmas_grin: You got ripped off, Jon! :xmas_lipsrsealed:

i see how it is... Only reason i dont get a rhino is cuz it would take a giant pry bar to get my fat a$$ out of one... yup.. Just like them damn seat belt extenders i had to find in ynots car when we went for that ride.. I dont know how my bike does it.. It should of gave up years ago..

:laughoff: