Burned up sandrail pics

GerritJ

wowa im here its not me i was on honeydoo detail this weekend

my goodness somthing is fishy there these cars are light you hang a brake it wont go if the electrical caught on fire whats it gonna burn?? i dunno mystirious circumstances :dunno: nice ride to wow insurance for full pop is all but impossible to get i think allstate is the only one that goes above 30k . puzzling

full tin work bypasses front and rear front disks graphics LS1 i would say were talking 80,000.00 + car

Edited by barefoot bob

Racing stock cars ive never had brakes cause a fire and they get alot more abuse than a sand car. I bet there was a fuel leak that soaked the floor then got set off by whatever. could have even gotten fuel in the ignition system. just a guess. If it was running methanol you wont even see it burn till the fuel sets something else on fire????? what happened to the car did the owners ever show back up to get it?

:laughoff: DAMN!!! That sucks!!! :( :icon_twisted:

At first it looked like barefoot bob's, but I don't think it is.

That wasn't a Wicked Sand Cars was it?

Definitely a reason to have a fire extinguisher in the car. I always carry one.

Its in his garage :driver:

No, idea, but people where asking, i have video of that, thats where my stills came from, i can take pics of a video i recorded. He was never around, and it started to get dark so i left on my crf450(no light) so i don't know if he ever did come around after it was put out. Just telling you what i saw/heard when "I" was there.

No, idea, but people where asking, i have video of that, thats where my stills came from, i can take pics of a video i recorded. He was never around, and it started to get dark so i left on my crf450(no light) so i don't know if he ever did come around after it was put out. Just telling you what i saw/heard when "I" was there.

We can upload that video to the server if you can send it too me, Gerrit. That might be kinda interesting to see. Let me know if you can mail me a copy on a cd. :mischevious:

Ok, i'll figure it out, its a the tail end of the tape i have. Its on one of those 8mm HIdef tapes.

No biggie if you can't, Gerrit. I thought it was on digital. I don't know that would be uploaded to your computer unless you have the software to do it. Don't sweat it if it's a pain to do. :thumb:

Its true ocean, buncha hillbilly's watching tumbleweeds roll as a sport. Also bob the rule of living in Apple valley is that you have to take victorville people for rides in the rail, I know its sucks, but i didn't write the rule!

if a drive axle broke the fire would have started in the rear and burned foward... it looks as if the motor was damn near untouched?

Looks to me like the hottest part of the fire is just behind the back seat or just in front of the engine which is about where the fuel tank would be.

It also looks like the wind was blowing from behind the car which would cause everything up front to go up in flames starting with the seats.. Lots of black smoke (as well as fire) in the front and lots of blazing fire in the back by the tank.

My first guess would be that the fire did start and is being fueled by the gas tank.. The rest is history... (Pun intended).

Definately hope he had insurance.. :thumb: That would really suck! :offtopic:

Edited by scott

Its true ocean, buncha hillbilly's watching tumbleweeds roll as a sport. Also bob the rule of living in Apple valley is that you have to take victorville people for rides in the rail, I know its sucks, but i didn't write the rule!

I hear that same rule also includes people that live in Hesperia.

thats my friends rail

:slap:

And what they told me was that the axle snapped created a spark and ignited the fuel.

They also said that the company is going to replace the entire rail! :rockwoot:

Edited by Gazlay43

• 2 months later...