Not sure if I should post this here....

Bound4Dirt

They are located in Victorville, Ca. on their way back from Loma Linda coming up the Cajon Pass the helicopter went down. All three died. My mom had to use them a month ago while out on her quad and was transported to Arrowhead Medical Center.

My prayers are with these families during their loss. God speed! (insert prayer icon)

I have always wanted to fly for orginaztions such as that. Life Lite, or the Other one that transports sick patients from hospital to hospital. Always thought it would be a fun job. That was one of the reasons i pursued my pilots license.. Due to Rising costs of todays world it just isnt feasable unless i win a large sum of money.

I have always wanted to fly for orginaztions such as that. Life Lite, or the Other one that transports sick patients from hospital to hospital. Always thought it would be a fun job. That was one of the reasons i pursued my pilots license.. Due to Rising costs of todays world it just isnt feasable unless i win a large sum of money.

What airport do you fly out of? My ex used to work for Western States and Signature, then he went into bizness with a friend and moved to FL and they own and FBO in Port St. Lusy (I still don't know what FBO is)

Field Briefing Office or something to that effect.

I grew up flying out of El Centro, Imperial, and Marana AZ. Ever since i came out to vegas there is no way in hell i could afford 120hr + instructor to get my bfr covered and checked out again. So i havent been up in almost 2 years.. 4 years since my last BFR

Coroner case #06-9579TC - 06-9581TC -- On 12-10-06, at 6:02 PM, The San Bernardino Sheriff Department received several telephone calls from motorists on Interstate 15 reporting an explosion and fire on a hillside east of the interstate approximately two miles south of the Oak Hills exit in the Cajon Junction area (Near the top of the Cajon pass). The investigation revealed that a Mercy Air helicopter was flying back to the Victorville Airport (Mercy Air base) when it collided with the hillside. The personnel on board were identified as Pilot Paul LaTour, a 46 year-old resident of Apple Valley, Air Medic Jerald Miller, a 40 year-old resident of Apple Valley and Registered Nurse Katrina Kish, a 42 year-old resident of Yucaipa. All three were confirmed deceased at 6:27 PM. The National Transportation Safety Board, FAA, San Bernardino Sheriff Department as well as Mercy Air Aviation Personnel are investigating the incident. The Coroner Division will be conducting autopsies to determine the exact cause of death. [121106 1910 TC]

They had just dropped a man off at Loma Linda Hospital who was involved in a motorcycle accident on Bear Valley Rd. in V.V. and was heading back to the airport. The fog was pretty thick and they flew into the side of the mountain.

Another sad part to this story is that about 1 or 2yrs ago a Deputy Sheriff was killed and his wife became a widow. She remarried a year or so later to a PARAMEDIC, guess who was on that chopper. Yep, the poor woman who married men that save peoples lifes has now been made a widow twice. :(

Condolences to the families.

A guy I used to work with was a helicopter pilot and what he told me was that they fly these helicopters non-stop. To take one of these birds out of service means a great deal of time and money. Instead they just continue to fly more that they are suppose to. He lost one of his close friend in a crash out here a few years ago. Sad to hear.

Coroner case #06-9579TC - 06-9581TC -- On 12-10-06, at 6:02 PM, The San Bernardino Sheriff Department received several telephone calls from motorists on Interstate 15 reporting an explosion and fire on a hillside east of the interstate approximately two miles south of the Oak Hills exit in the Cajon Junction area (Near the top of the Cajon pass). The investigation revealed that a Mercy Air helicopter was flying back to the Victorville Airport (Mercy Air base) when it collided with the hillside. The personnel on board were identified as Pilot Paul LaTour, a 46 year-old resident of Apple Valley, Air Medic Jerald Miller, a 40 year-old resident of Apple Valley and Registered Nurse Katrina Kish, a 42 year-old resident of Yucaipa. All three were confirmed deceased at 6:27 PM. The National Transportation Safety Board, FAA, San Bernardino Sheriff Department as well as Mercy Air Aviation Personnel are investigating the incident. The Coroner Division will be conducting autopsies to determine the exact cause of death. [121106 1910 TC]

They had just dropped a man off at Loma Linda Hospital who was involved in a motorcycle accident on Bear Valley Rd. in V.V. and was heading back to the airport. The fog was pretty thick and they flew into the side of the mountain.

Another sad part to this story is that about 1 or 2yrs ago a Deputy Sheriff was killed and his wife became a widow. She remarried a year or so later to a PARAMEDIC, guess who was on that chopper. Yep, the poor woman who married men that save peoples lifes has now been made a widow twice. :(

That is absolutly horrible for the widow. It's horrible for the families also. My prayers are with them.

:laughoff: Very sad!

Yep, if the dumb beotch didnt T-bone the guy on the bike, everyone would have went home that night. The only good news from this was she had a couple of warrants and went straight to jail. I hope she meets Bubbette. :laughoff: