12-16-06 weekend report

dunefreak

observations from thsi weekend...

Rhino King and his kid laugh the same: "uhhh huh hu hu hu" :bawl:

SinCityBlondie needs to pay attention to how far the ground is when exiting my toyhualer :coocoo:

GirlWithHorns can't ride RagdollMX's bike. Can we say "lawndart"? :laughoff:

RagdollMX does cool tricks over the handle bars (not on purpose)

Pay attention to which way the wind is blowing when certain "items" are in the fire and especially when you park close to the fire, other wise you might end up w/ a lil hole in your awning. :bawl::laughoff:

OGP is hard on axles :(

JoeDuner DOES wear clothes other than board shorts and uggs. :laughoff:

kris and Pauly need to watch their drinks (or hold on to them) when in wsky70's toyhauler :slap:

a 30 pk of beer is never enough beer- even on a kinda short weekend. :laughoff:

Fear & Loathing in LV and Supertroopers gets funnier everytime we watch it :drunk::laughoff:

Pauly's truck has many new multipurposes

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think this was one of the best weekends yet!! Here are a few of my observations

1. duning in paulys truck is awesome. lol good times (where are we? go left, go left)

2. Rhinos are rescue vehicles to. lol Your never goin to hear the end of that paul

3. Tres sobes rock!

4. Petes trailer stairs are hazardous to my health.

5. Big Fire

6. I smell clutch! :bawl::bawl::laughoff::laughoff:

7. first time ever we had sobe bottles left, but no fire. lol lol

8. getting stuck out by the south pole in the friggin dark rocks! it was kris fault.

9. Cole likes to do tricks on his bike, even if he is really crashing. (almost looked like a trick, hope your ok cole)

10. kayla doesnt like dirt bikes, hope your leg gets better

11. oh yeah, dont air your truck tires back up till you know for sure you dont have to do another rescue!

12. and last but not least, DONT TAKE A 2 WHEEL DRIVE TRUCK OUT IN THE DUNES TO RESCUE SOMEONE, YOU WILL GET STUCK!!

Ok I think thats all for now. Ill post pics shortly, still charging the camera!

I really had a great time this weekend. :laughoff:

we almost posted the same observations :laughoff:

oh yeah....

-beer can be used as a fire extinguisher :laughoff:

-hot coals under your chair are good, but don't over do it. You'll burn your chair. :drunk::laughoff:

-SOBE's with NO hole in the cap are crazy big (the next camp over did em-wasn't us :laughoff::bawl: )

-Rhino King swings hellacious donuts in his lowered F150 in the sand :laughoff::bawl::coocoo:

-lots a wind makes your fire wood burn too damn fast :(

-the south pole can be used to find where the eff you are when lost in the dunes :laughoff:

-non-holiday weekends rock

observations from thsi weekend...

Rhino King and his kid laugh the same: "uhhh huh hu hu hu" :bawl:

SinCityBlondie needs to pay attention to how far the ground is when exiting my toyhualer :coocoo:

GirlWithHorns can't ride RagdollMX's bike. Can we say "lawndart"? :laughoff:

RagdollMX does cool tricks over the handle bars (not on purpose)

Pay attention to which way the wind is blowing when certain "items" are in the fire and especially when you park close to the fire, other wise you might end up w/ a lil hole in your awning. :bawl::laughoff:

OGP is hard on axles :(

JoeDuner DOES wear clothes other than board shorts and uggs. :laughoff:

kris and Pauly need to watch their drinks (or hold on to them) when in wsky70's toyhauler :slap:

a 30 pk of beer is never enough beer- even on a kinda short weekend. :laughoff:

Fear & Loathing in LV and Supertroopers gets funnier everytime we watch it :drunk::laughoff:

Pauly's truck has many new multipurposes

I dont remember falling, thats probably not a good sign. Probably how I got the lump on my forehead? maybe? lol

Edited by Sincity_blondie

broken stuff for the weekend list...

1. OGP's axle on his rail

2. my 2 wheeler blew up, again....

3. petes rail is ruined

4. another ddr member broke a durablue axle on his quad

5.????? anything i missed???

Don't forget GirlWithHorns helmet and her will to ride a motorcycle up comp

Seriously, maybe the best weekend I have ever had in the dunes. Pulled in Thursday night and went to bed fairly early. Got up Friday and did alittle fix to my paddles and was going to drive it a mile or so, Tim ended up following me out and as we were duning the sand was so smooth it was impossible to stop, I ended up duning for about 30 minutes in my sandals. Saturday was more great duning with perfect conditions, then Saturday night mother nature decided the dunes were alittle marked up, so she blew for about 5 hours and cleaned them up for Sundays rides.

The weather forcast looked very dismal, but it turned out to be one of those epic weekends. :laughoff:

Edited by JoeDuner

Yeah, I'm pretty bummed. I am sick to my stomach as it is really setting in and am realizing quickly how much time and money it's gonna take for me to get back behind the wheel. I really enjoy duning my car and it is gonna suck big time not being able to go on any more buggy runs for a while. :(

All in all it was a great weekend though . We got some really fun rides in. Saturday AM we got a fast 2 wheeler ride in. It was Ragdoll MX, Pauly (on his 4 wheeler though), dnchevyman, me, dncheyman's buddy (forgot his name :laughoff: ), and Joe Duner. Yeah...you heard right...JoeDuner on a 2 wheeler! :bawl::laughoff: It felt great to get back on my bike. It's been a few trips since I have ridden it.

That sand today was SMOOTH after all the wind last night brought in. It was almost slick. I had a blast just turning everywhere drifting and sliding my car around in the virgin sand. :laughoff: I even pulled a lil tiny wheelie once. :bawl::laughoff:

It felt like Christmas this morning waking up and opeing the blinds in my toyhauler to see this...

post-3-1166420803.jpg

Thanks again to everyone for helping me get my car back to camp. I greatly appreciate it, guys. :laughoff:

Sounds like a fun trip.

Sucks about those breaks. :laughoff:

Nobody hurt :slap:

I'm sure camp looked like this:

:dance: :laughoff: :dance: :shake::laughoff::bawl: :dance: :drunk: ETC. :bawl:

Pete, It seems like: if you own a sandcar sooner or later you WILL buy a welder.

Sure it's junk? :drunk:

Tim, I never use my turn breaks for that and trans reasons. I learned to not use them with my VW car. Lou and Mark use them alot, so who knows. :laughoff:

Dan, That sucks. Well be glad it was the motor and not your femur. :laughoff: 2wheelers :shake:

I'm still Jonezzzzin' for sand! It's commin' soon :coocoo:

Pete, It seems like: if you own a sandcar sooner or later you WILL buy a welder.

Sure it's junk? :laughoff:

No I won't. I can't weld for sh*t. :laughoff: Besides, I'll need much more than a welder to put together my next car.

It really isn't fixable in my opinion. There is ALOT of tubing that would have to be replaced. The 2 main horizontal bars that run the whole length of the car are the pieces that broke at the front along with a few other bars.

well what i learned over the weekend...

1. Racegirl04 Girlwithhorns and Mike are friggin awesome!, (thanks for the lodging, and the run in the rhino)

2. GWH is tough...even after her "Lawndart" incident she kept riding

3. iam the only one in DDR that rides at 6am

4. Rap music in the dunes....eh not so much..."WESTSIDEEEE FINGER DUNE"

5. pauly is sick fast on the 4 wheeler

6. if you see a suburban behind you...and i mean behind you...its stacey

("if she gets any closer...ill have boobs")

7. 3 sobe bombs in a fire at once is pretty cool....untill you see wood flying...

8. Mike wants my 450 now

9. crashing sucks

10. concusions suck even worse

11. stacey cant hold a drink...(got lee press on fingers...glue hasnt dried)

12. and yes i talk alot of sh*t...sober

randog, its ok my bikes broke, ill just settle for riding the dunes in your slow car. we should put nitrous on it so we can make it all the way to the top of comp!!!! lol

:coocoo: Hey, you can't say I didn't try. :drunk:

No I won't. I can't weld for sh*t. :dance: Besides, I'll need much more than a welder to put together my next car.

It really isn't fixable in my opinion. There is ALOT of tubing that would have to be replaced. The 2 main horizontal bars that run the whole length of the car are the pieces that broke at the front along with a few other bars.

:dance: That don't sound good :shake:

Yeah, I think ShortSandCars should see it. See what they think. :shake:

Well, We ain't done dunin' with you :dance:

Drop the hint to Anna, that Lou still has that purple SU car for sale :bawl:

:laughoff::slap::laughoff::drunk::laughoff::shake::bawl:

:laughoff: Opps, sorry :laughoff:

Damm man! that sucks pete, sorry to hear that...

broken stuff for the weekend list...

1. OGP's axle on his rail

2. my 2 wheeler blew up, again....

3. petes rail is ruined

4. another ddr member broke a durablue axle on his quad

5.????? anything i missed???

Daayyyyuumm....and I spent all weekend putting my broken shiat back together. :laughoff:

Sorry to hear about your rail Pete. That is a bummer! At least no one was hurt.

Like others have said, I would talk to Short Sand cars about the rail. Since you are a forum moderator, a little bit of service on their part may go along way. Word of mouth is a key proponent for sales.. Good or bad so if there is a weak link in their design and they step up, it would only do them good. If they dont, an issue like this could really hurt sales. Good luck and keep us posted.

Yeah, tell me about it! :(

These pics don't even show how bad the car is. :bawl:

The frame is broke in about 4 spots- you can't really see in the pics how bad the floor and front end is buckled.

normal_S2010058~5.JPG

normal_S2010059~6.JPG

normal_S2010060~6.JPG

Here's how we got it back to camp...we took the front end suspension off and loaded it up in Pauly's pickup. :laughoff: Paul's truck now holds the title for most uses out of a pickup in the dunes.

As Joe Duner said..."that's one expensive whip mount for that truck!" :laughoff:

normal_S2010065~4.JPG

normal_S2010067~4.JPG

normal_S2010069~3.JPG

I posted some pics in the gallery from this weekend here.

Ya man I saw u in it at the north and south poles then after u left the north pole, ur rail was in the back of the truck. Sorry to hear the news. Ur rail sounded good though.

It was a pretty fun weekend. Quite entertaining.

some observations...

1.Ouch

2.Cole made up a new word " DISORIENTATED" :laughoff:

3.JoeDuner's a$$ hurts

4.Rhino's are useful :laughoff:

5.Don't laugh at people who wreck cause your bike will blow up :D

6.I am NEVER riding a dirtbike again.

7.Stacey thinks i drive rhino's crazy or somethingg :bawl::P

8.Pete,Joe and Stacey's brother are hard to keep up with in the dunes

9.Coals under your chair is just like heated seats :bawl:

10.Sorry about your rail Pete glad you and Pauly are okay

11.Fun weekend overall :laughoff:

only got 2 pictures :laughoff: oh well :]

post-433-1166470435.jpg

post-433-1166470459.jpg

Good luck Pete! Sorry to hear about the rail. As the others said check out Short Sand Cars and see what they say. What could it hurt? If anything at least they may fix it so the next batch of owners wont have the same issue. Good thing you have a fall back plan, the Raptor or the two-wheeler dune nicely too!

It was a pretty fun weekend. Quite entertaining.

some observations...

1.Ouch

2.Cole made up a new word " DISORIENTATED" :xmas_lipsrsealed:

3.JoeDuner's a$$ hurts

4.Rhino's are useful :thumb:

5.Don't laugh at people who wreck cause your bike will blow up :D

6.I am NEVER riding a dirtbike again.

7.Stacey thinks i drive rhino's crazy or somethingg :boxer::P

8.Pete,Joe and Stacey's brother are hard to keep up with in the dunes

9.Coals under your chair is just like heated seats :laughoff:

10.Sorry about your rail Pete glad you and Pauly are okay

11.Fun weekend overall :xmas_grin: