12-16-06 weekend report

dunefreak

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My son And I were out there just for friday. Got there about 2pm. A couple of other guys from carter powersport were there too. I bet there wasn't 30 peeps there. We went just to dial in new front suspension on 06 450r. It's a + 2 with elka triple rate shocks. what a difference.

We took the new diesel truck out for it's 1st dune trip. Was getting around 14 mpg, at 75 mph. we were pulling a 16 ft utiltiy trailer with 2 quads, dirt bike and some gear. we went the baker way. came up the grade out of state line at 75 mph, never shifted outa 6th. great truck.

Sorry to hear about your rail Pete. That is a bummer! At least no one was hurt.

Like others have said, I would talk to Short Sand cars about the rail. Since you are a forum moderator, a little bit of service on their part may go along way. Word of mouth is a key proponent for sales.. Good or bad so if there is a weak link in their design and they step up, it would only do them good. If they dont, an issue like this could really hurt sales. Good luck and keep us posted.

The weak link was the spindle that broke. The frame broke because of previous cracks that were welded up and it was still weak. I talked to Nannette @ ShortSandCars today and explained the whole situation. She said she'll have Larry call me back and discuss it with me. If ShortSandCars steps up, great...but I'm not getting my hopes up. The only thing wrong with their design, IMO, is the cheap spindles they use. They must be some China brand spindle shafts that are used when making the spindle assemblies or something.

I also talked with Josie today (Sick Sand Travel), and unless SSC can help me out any way possible he is gonna help me out. Josie is a great guy and has helped me in the past with my rail. We'll see what happens. I am waiting to hear from Larry, then depending on what he says I'll be dropping off my "sandrail" (or shall I say sandrail parts :laughoff: ) down with him soon.

I'll keep ya posted. Maybe I should start a thread for my sandrail frame saga. :xmas_lipsrsealed: :boxer::xmas_grin:

Good luck Pete! Sorry to hear about the rail. As the others said check out Short Sand Cars and see what they say. What could it hurt? If anything at least they may fix it so the next batch of owners wont have the same issue. Good thing you have a fall back plan, the Raptor or the two-wheeler dune nicely too!

Yeah, I know. It will suck for a while w/o the rail though. :(

The weak link was the spindle that broke. The frame broke because of previous cracks that were welded up and it was still weak. I talked to Nannette @ ShortSandCars today and explained the whole situation. She said she'll have Larry call me back and discuss it with me. If ShortSandCars steps up, great...but I'm not getting my hopes up. The only thing wrong with their design, IMO, is the cheap spindles they use. They must be some China brand spindle shafts that are used when making the spindle assemblies or something.

I also talked with Josie today (Sick Sand Travel), and unless SSC can help me out any way possible he is gonna help me out. Josie is a great guy and has helped me in the past with my rail. We'll see what happens. I am waiting to hear from Larry, then depending on what he says I'll be dropping off my "sandrail" (or shall I say sandrail parts :laughoff: ) down with him soon.

I'll keep ya posted. Maybe I should start a thread for my sandrail frame saga. :xmas_lipsrsealed: :boxer::xmas_grin:

Yeah, I know. It will suck for a while w/o the rail though. :(

Pete, where would you have to drop the car off at, in Ca.? If so I may have a propisition for you. Let me know what you find out and when you might be looking to go?

Pete, where would you have to drop the car off at, in Ca.? If so I may have a propisition for you. Let me know what you find out and when you might be looking to go?

If I drop it off with Josie (SST)- he is here in town off Cheyenne and Losee. :xmas_grin: If it needs to go to SSC, South Jordon, UT. :thumb::boxer:

If any trip to Cali would be made it would be to Bakersfield (TomPro), but I haven't hit teh lotto quite yet. :dunno::laughoff:

Thanks though, Terry. :xmas_lipsrsealed:

Sometime in Jan or Feb I have to take the rhino to Rhinocraft in Lake Elisnore,ca. I thought we might kill 2 birds with 1 rock but looks like you have to travel in every direction but that one. :xmas_lipsrsealed:

Edited by ynot