yamaha raptor 700

Richard Cheese

anyone got one of these bikes?

there is a guy over on glamis forum that claims a hp dynoed at 85 rwhp??

pretty effen impressive

if true, then it is def a viable prospect for me in the future, as my DS, though fun, is growing a little long in the tooth, and bombardier, errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr brp, errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Can-Am is not showin any interest in upgrading the DS in the near future

I just got one, 2007 GYTR Edition. Like stated above, stock is in the low 40's. I've got the pipe, computer, and intake (lid removed), and I might be pushing 50 rwhp. He must have a lot of work done to his motor or he's hitting the crack pipe really hard.

I think he is high - the stock is 43 and I think the guys that do the 734 upgrade with pipe/puter/intake are somewhere around 63-65 if that.

He might have something special that nobody else does :)

I just got one, 2007 GYTR Edition. Like stated above, stock is in the low 40's. I've got the pipe, computer, and intake (lid removed), and I might be pushing 50 rwhp. He must have a lot of work done to his motor or he's hitting the crack pipe really hard.

he said he added a hi comp piston, port/polish jobs, and cams too.

still, 65 hp with just bolt ons OUTSIDE of the motor is pretty good. Howz the suspension? that is one thing that drew me to the DS the suspension rocks.

I think 65 with with bolt-ons is not going to happen, and I think that with all his motor work its still pushing it.

The suspension is a little rough for me, but Im kind of small - I ride another one that belongs to my old girlfreind with +2 arms and it really is nice.

I think 65 with with bolt-ons is not going to happen, and I think that with all his motor work its still pushing it.

The suspension is a little rough for me, but Im kind of small - I ride another one that belongs to my old girlfreind with +2 arms and it really is nice.

my brother has bolt-ons pro-design intake two brothers ex. and a fuel programmer got dynoed when he installed the controller and pushed out 65 hp it can happen..but the trick to my brothers bike is the gearing over the other 700's as soon as it hits 3rd he's gone.. i dont doubt it with a big bore and stroker to be close to 80's but the fastest 700 i've herd of is pushing 77.8 and some 60ish torquefrpm their 804cc from nv. they're definately going to 4sw's.. trying to finish up my ish for 4sw's aswell.

my brother has bolt-ons pro-design intake two brothers ex. and a fuel programmer got dynoed when he installed the controller and pushed out 65 hp it can happen..but the trick to my brothers bike is the gearing over the other 700's as soon as it hits 3rd he's gone.. i dont doubt it with a big bore and stroker to be close to 80's but the fastest 700 i've herd of is pushing 77.8 and some 60ish torquefrpm their 804cc from nv. they're definately going to 4sw's.. trying to finish up my ish for 4sw's aswell.

i'd beleive that when i see it :jester:

he said he added a hi comp piston, port/polish jobs, and cams too.

still, 65 hp with just bolt ons OUTSIDE of the motor is pretty good. Howz the suspension? that is one thing that drew me to the DS the suspension rocks.

I went back and looked at that guy's post on GD.com and he edited his post. He has changed his rwhp to 75, not 85 that he first posted. With all the mods I guess you can hit mid 70's but that's more than I need. I just need a quad that gets my big butt around the dunes without a problem.

With that said, I like my suspension, it fits me and the quad just fine. I soften it up just a tad and installed a steering stabilizer which works great. I would guess that with my extra weight, yea I'm over 200 lbs, it makes the suspension ride just fine for me.

my boss' kid just got his 700r back from pure evil motorsports here in town and in utah and it has the trinity 734cc kit, 11.75 comp. piston, trinity/web stage II cam and springs, ron woods exhaust, trinity efi controller, gyt-r intake kit and evil's port job and it dyno'ed out @ 60 h.p. and 47 ft. lbs.

if im not mistakin you need to turbo it to hit that much power, but as a duner who needs it for big boys imo the raptor cant be beat. the smal guys can shread a 450 but they dont make enough suspension the yzf 450 squats to its knees when i sit on it lol :beercheers: i have to raptors and there pretty neat ( i bought my wife a another 660r ) and if the 450s kick my a$$ its ok as long as i shred the preds

if im not mistakin you need to turbo it to hit that much power, but as a duner who needs it for big boys imo the raptor cant be beat. the smal guys can shread a 450 but they dont make enough suspension the yzf 450 squats to its knees when i sit on it lol :laughing: i have to raptors and there pretty neat ( i bought my wife a another 660r ) and if the 450s kick my a$$ its ok as long as i shred the preds

Which you wont :laughoff::slap: All I heard both my preds saying in the garage is "snack time" when the new one rolled up :beercheers:

Edited by Bound4Dirt

I love my 700R. Coming off a Z400, this thing eats up the whoops with ease. The only thing I don't like about it is the weight. It doesn't jump well. However, I do like the power and comfort. Now I can beat my friends yfz450 up comp. occasionally. I went down 1 in front for shootin' the hills, but I'm thnking about going back to stock gearing, I thought it was a little faster and the front end doesn't come up as much. I run skat trak edges and they hook up great.

I've got a full Curtis Sparks pipe, EFI, K&N EZ flow kit. Eyeing up an aftermarket axle and dune suspension. ANYONE KNOW OF A GOOD DUNE SUSPENSION SET UP FOR THE 700R? Let me know.

• 4 weeks later...

I got to ride a raptor 700 while at pismo, and I think I will stick to my DS.

1. the power is there. maybe a little more thanthe rotax 650, or it could have been that the bike weighs over 100lbs lighter...don't know

2. the stock shocks SUCK..... I hit a g out that i was on all day long on my DS, and I think i injured my liver :DDRrocks: im not into droppin 7 grrrrrr, only to turn around and have to drop another 15 hundy for decent suspension, then mayber another grandy on a-arms...

this summer, Imma go through my DS, get a bigger carb, new paint and plastics, regear, and i will be good.

Edited by RICHARDCHEESE

I got to ride a raptor 700 while at pismo, and I think I will stick to my DS.

1. the power is there. maybe a little more thanthe rotax 650, or it could have been that the bike weighs over 100lbs lighter...don't know

2. the stock shocks SUCK..... I hit a g out that i was on all day long on my DS, and I think i injured my liver :watching: im not into droppin 7 grrrrrr, only to turn around and have to drop another 15 hundy for decent suspension, then mayber another grandy on a-arms...

this summer, Imma go through my DS, get a bigger carb, new paint and plastics, regear, and i will be good.

You can't compare the suspesion of a DS to ANY stock quad out there. Those bikes are huge, heavy and are setup for desert. Try getting on a 450 after riding your bomb! :hello::DDRrocks: Hell, a 450 feels like a childs bike even after riding my Raptor.

You can't compare the suspesion of a DS to ANY stock quad out there. Those bikes are huge, heavy and are setup for desert. Try getting on a 450 after riding your bomb! :smoker: :DDRrocks: Hell, a 450 feels like a childs bike even after riding my Raptor.

I know what ya mean Pete. There are sections of Pismo that are very whooped out, that I can see-saw on my DS all day long. I tried it on my neighbor's yfz 450, and about got knocked the effe out. got tossed off the bike, and into a wooden piling used to keep the fence up :watching:

I will for sure be sticking with the DS. gotta love the couch on wheels

spanish lesson: did you know couch is diaper in spanish???? :smoker: I guess you can sit on them both :shake::hello:

on edit

i just read the tweaker liquid loaf post....effen hilarious.....sounded like dude coulda used a few couches!!!

Edited by RICHARDCHEESE

A nice ride is everything to me.

The new Raptor special edition has a nice ride if ya back everything out.

Should have more power for a 700, but the power is adequate.

The mechanics at Alba say 85 hp is dreaming, the head gasket will easily blow in the mid 70's.

The brutal engine vibration the plagues the first 2 production years of the 660 is gone, and it's not quite as tipsy.

Most quads have crummy stock shocks.

Heavy boat anchors with a brutal ride.

Putting nice Dune Series Elkas on the Wifes KFX 700 was an eye opener. But it was $2 grand, and that ain't cheap.

Ya don't have to get beat to death on the dunes.

Good shocks make an incredable difference.

A whole different riding experience on the dunes.

The Raptor 700 SE gives you that teriffic riding experience.

Edited by Duneraider

A nice ride is everything to me.

The new Raptor special edition has a nice ride if ya back everything out.

Should have more power for a 700, but the power is adequate.

The mechanics at Alba say 85 hp is dreaming, the head gasket will easily blow in the mid 70's.

The brutal engine vibration the plagues the first 2 production years of the 660 is gone, and it's not quite as tipsy.

Most quads have crummy stock shocks.

Heavy boat anchors with a brutal ride.

Putting nice Dune Series Elkas on the Wifes KFX 700 was an eye opener. But it was $2 grand, and that ain't cheap.

Ya don't have to get beat to death on the dunes.

Good shocks make an incredable difference.

A whole different riding experience on the dunes.

The Raptor 700 SE gives you that teriffic riding experience.

with as big as I am, I doubt it would be that good for me :DDRrocks:

Why do the manufactures take the engines out of the MC bikes, detune them, and then stick them in a quad that is heavier, and has a lower center of gravity....detune them :watching::hello:

if anything, they should improve them, to handle the extra weight.