Banshee Advice

ocean's 4

Just wondering about rad valves, I have an '03 Banshee with Toomey T6's, K&N clamp ons, boost bottle, and jetted. Does anyone know if putting a set of rad valves will make a difference, or if i should put some carbon fiber reeds instead? I've been looking around on the internet but haven't found any solid advice.

I would recommend that if you are going to spend any money on reeds, get V Force reeds. They are by far the best and last the longest from what I have heard by many. :laughing: I have a rad valve on my YZ250 and they wear out just as fast as stock ones. They work well, but my next set of reeds will be a V Force setup.

I have had the vforce 2 in my banshee for the last 3 years. Good crisp throttle response. I would definately recommend either the vforce 2 or the even better vforce 3's. You have about the same setup, only difference is I have Toomey T5's and a Pro-design Cool Head with 19cc domes. So from experience go with the vforce.

Here's the best advice when it comes to Banshees

FOR SALE Must sell quickly

If you don't like that advice, Do you want to buy another Banshee?

What have you got against the Banshees? I have not had any problems with mine and it screams up the hills.

Did you have a bad experience with yours? All I have done in the last 3 years is change the fluids and add gas and go. :thumbsdown:

:thumbsdown: My dad always said the best cure for a smart a$$ is a kick in the head.

Everyone has an opinion. Id keep the Banshee.

post-14-1136590359_thumb.jpg

Just wondering about rad valves, I have an '03 Banshee with Toomey T6's, K&N clamp ons, boost bottle, and jetted. Does anyone know if putting a set of rad valves will make a difference, or if i should put some carbon fiber reeds instead? I've been looking around on the internet but haven't found any solid advice.

i bought my v force 3s new off ebay. were about 20 bucks cheaper than rocky mountain. there are a bunch of different ebay stores selling them. might be worth a look see. :)

do you have a cool head on yours? if not make sure you get one on there. you can overheat on a good hard ride. im learning this stuff the hard way. :( i even put an inline cooler on mine.

• 3 years later...

I would recommend that if you are going to spend any money on reeds, get V Force reeds. They are by far the best and last the longest from what I have heard by many. :beercheers: I have a rad valve on my YZ250 and they wear out just as fast as stock ones. They work well, but my next set of reeds will be a V Force setup.

That reminds me i need to check my reeds LOL its been 2 years and i havent had them out.

Wow this is a 3 1/2 year old post. Sold my Banshee too. Have a LTR 450 now. No more tuning carbs, mixing race fuel, etc etc. Just hit the electric starter and go.