New Years trip report

dunefreak

Got out there thurs night, still windy, truck was swayin all over to Dumont. The rest of the weather was awsome. Came to look for ya Pete on Fri. aftrnoon, but i dont think you were there yet, a buddy of mine was camped just past you guys on the right. I was just to the left of #6 about 200 yrds.

We fought the wind all the way out, too. Maxed out at 60mph, HUGE dent in the gas mileage.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone know how the two guys are doing that crashed at comp hill on quads saterday afternoon

Thank you so much for asking. Robby and Kameron are doing fine. Robby was flown to UMC because his

left lung collapsed BUT NO broken bones . Kameron has a dislocated elbow. Both are doing great, but quads are done...

Thank you so much to EVERYONE who helped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you,

Robby's mom

Henderson, Nevada

Thank you so much for asking. Robby and Kameron are doing fine. Robby was flown to UMC because his

left lung collapsed BUT NO broken bones . Kameron has a dislocated elbow. Both are doing great, but quads are done...

Thank you so much to EVERYONE who helped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you,

Robby's mom

Henderson, Nevada

i was the one that was racing them up the hill and was off to the right of them when they crashed. my buddy was the one with the speed gun. glad to hear that they are doing ok, that was the worst crash i have ever seen. Brian TRX 450 R

Finally got time to post

Camping by your self isn’t that bad

Had a great weekend was great to get to ride with you guys even though the group was too big, I just spotted a rail and tried to stay with it, it was a little fast for my liking but still great.

Thanks to Chase and Jon for coming to my rescue that was great and I owe you guys!!!! :laughing:

The banshee is not to bad just scored a piston and stuck the rings on the other, this is why I quit drag racing because none of my motors would stay together, you would think that I would learn buy now but I still like f*cking with things trying to make them faster.

Went to comp for the kids (first time in a cage for me) instead of the birthday party sorry Ken & Mike hope you had a good party.

Looking forward to the next trip hopefully the banshee will be fixed by then but we will still be there for the partying. :dunno::shake::idiot:

The pics are not that great but here you go.

post-796-1167711252.jpg

post-796-1167711288.jpg

Edited by dinicolada

does anyone know how the two guys are doing that crashed at comp hill on quads saterday afternoon

Our friends saw the crash. Said it was pretty crazy. We were camping over by the Sheriff's near the entrance. We saw Mercy Air fly in and fly someone out about an hour or so after the crash.

Our friend was involved in a crash on her quad with a 2 wheeler on Friday. She was hurt, but not too bad. Apparently, the guy that crashed into her was worse off - not sure if he went to the hospital.

My husband was playing with one of the kid's quads in our little cirle at camp. He and another guy at our camp got a ticket for riding a quad without a helmet - STUPID TICKET!!! They were just playing around, going about 3-4 miles an hour inside our camp area. The sheriff checked all the bikes at camp for OHV stickers. We had them on our quads, but no one else had their's on the bikes. She didn't cite them for the tickets, but we have to pay $50 for the helmet ticket. What makes me mad is that their were all kinds of people sailing past their camp way over 15 MPH and closer than 50 feet. And some people were riding around at night without lights on. Oh well, at least it's only $50. LESSON - DON'T PARK NEAR THE SHERIFF'S AREA!!!!

Edited by Kitcat

1. GLAMIS FLATBILLERS SUCK!

2. THERE ARE ALOT OF "TECATE DRINKERS" IN GLAMIS.14 FAMILY MEMBERS 1 3 WHEELER.

3. 126 MPH AT THE SAND DRAGS, IS WAYYYYYYYYY TO FAST

4. GLAMIS OLDS HILL CROWD IS CRAZY.

5. JUMPING THE OLDS DOUBLE IN A TROPHY TRUCK IS THE SCARIEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE

6. GUYS THAT HAVE MORE MONEY THAN TALENT ROLL CARS AT THE SAND DRAGS.

7. WHEN YOU BUY RHINO KINGS PLASTIC. PEOPLE AT GLAMIS THINK YOU ARE THE RHINO KING.

8. KIDDIE TRACK BERMS CAN GET 9 FEET TALL.

10. IF YOU ARENT IN THE DUNES WITH DDR FAMILY, IT AINT THE SAME.

PICS TO BE POSTED SHORTLY

I hear you on #10 tim.. Every time i go to glamis i wish some of the DDR crew was there as well...

You're missing something in the DDR. The first D stands for DUMONT Dune Riders, not Glamis Dune Riders. :dunno: Stop going to Glamis and get your a$$ to Dumont on these trips! :idiot::laughing:

Our friends saw the crash. Said it was pretty crazy. We were camping over by the Sheriff's near the entrance. We saw Mercy Air fly in and fly someone out about an hour or so after the crash.

Our friend was involved in a crash on her quad with a 2 wheeler on Friday. She was hurt, but not too bad. Apparently, the guy that crashed into her was worse off - not sure if he went to the hospital.

My husband was playing with one of the kid's quads in our little cirle at camp. He and another guy at our camp got a ticket for riding a quad without a helmet - STUPID TICKET!!! They were just playing around, going about 3-4 miles an hour inside our camp area. The sheriff checked all the bikes at camp for OHV stickers. We had them on our quads, but no one else had their's on the bikes. She didn't cite them for the tickets, but we have to pay $50 for the helmet ticket. What makes me mad is that their were all kinds of people sailing past their camp way over 15 MPH and closer than 50 feet. And some people were riding around at night without lights on. Oh well, at least it's only $50. LESSON - DON'T PARK NEAR THE SHERIFF'S AREA!!!!

Get the Raptor! We are going back in 3 weeks!!!!

Don't forget the paddles!

Call me if you need help.

PB.

my observations

mike156 is very calm when his car breaks glad i was there to help you get back

chukie blows cars up before everyone gets there

kenny crashes his own plane when trying too dogfight another one

wood left at a camp may actually be smoldering even when you can't feel it thruogh thin gloves it reignites at high speeds and burns your seats dammit!

sand snake does acrobatic routines loading his quad (nice form on the flip though)

chase is friends with Pete's friend the punk kid doing wheelies by his trailer (don't worry Pete i got him for that and for other sh*t) :idiot:

chase likes to smack littles punks in giggle berries

all in all had a great time

Dan thanks for the tow I owe you big time. Try to make it out the 20th Thanks again :laughing:

PB.

You're funny! I couldn't figure out at first who this was because I mentioned nothing in my post about the Raptor! Now we're not too sure if we're going to get a TH with a garage because Mark's serious about getting a Rhino! I searched the internet - Painter's doesn't have a website - darn!!! I'll call them and see what brands they carry. So, we're going to look at what else is out there. We're considering a Weekend Warrior LE Fifth Wheel. They're about the same price as the Raptor.

Thanks for a fun weekend!!! :idiot:

chase is friends with Pete's friend the punk kid doing wheelies by his trailer (don't worry Pete i got him for that and for other sh*t)

...and that little $hit doesn't know how to listen. He needs to stop jumping without a spotter!!

We had a great time and it was good to be in the dunes again. The rail ran great with the exception of breaking a stud off of the steering gearbox....after leaving the North pole waiting for DDR. It was a killer ride just before we broke.

My observations....

1. Tools in the dunes paid off for me!!!

2. My son make me proud helping other fellow duners out this trip. :laughing:

3. Extra parts can save you $$ and keep you riding till the end of the trip.

4. Pit racers doing donuts and then rolling is really hilarious!! :idiot:

5. Talking to complete strangers because you recognize their rail from online can save your trip. Thanks for the nitrogen and battery Joe......hope your son liked the beer. My bro-in-law really appreciated it.

6. Waiting for a DDR ride at the end point sucks.

Observations:

* Do not ride in the backseat of Drunckle Dman's rail. your legs will bleed

* drink in hand, UFC fight on Projector,big fire,fireworks, pizza cooker plugged in = maximum awesomeness

* Camping at the little dunes = dumb as fk

* Mitch hedberg is funny everytime you listen to him

* if you need to know something about YOURSELF ask Bert he knows

* Pete did a Nack Nack on the grizzly (AWESOME)

Had a great time, Happy New Year to all.

PB.

Another Rule:

Don't let your friends make fun of you, while you're getting a ticket! The sheriff will for sure write you up!!!

And... it's cool to have everything you wear and everything on your quad match - a marketer's dream!!!

And... you can never have too many hoodies!!!!

Observations:

* drink in hand, UFC fight on Projector,big fire,fireworks, pizza cooker plugged in = maximum awesomeness

WTF?

If you need an extremely drunk a-hole in camp invite Steveo.

MY OBSERVATIONS

1. PETE'S ALWAYS SMILE'N WITH DRINK IN HAND :laughing:

2. STEVEO STILL GETS DRUNK QUICK AND FUNNY AS HELL :dunno::coffee::drunk:

3. NOW I KNOW WHERE HENDERTUCKY IS . THANKS TO DESERTSKYZ :shake::bs::laughoff::laughoff:

4. BERT LIKES FIRECRACKERS

5. MIKE156 SMILES EVEN IF HIS CAR GETS TOWED BACK :grin:

6. IF YOU LOOK UP AT NIGHT YOU CAN SEE THE STARS ON KENNY'S CAR BUT NOT THE CAR :blury:

7. FUNCO'S CAN GET BACK TO CAMP WITHOUT SLAVE CYLINDER :dance: :idiot:

....after leaving the North pole waiting for DDR. It was a killer ride just before we broke.

6. Waiting for a DDR ride at the end point sucks.

Yeah sorry, Gerald...we had to stop twice while on the ride and when we finally got out to the North Pole everyone that we lost or was gonna meet up with out there was gone. :dunno:

MY OBSERVATIONS

1. PETE'S ALWAYS SMILE'N WITH DRINK IN HAND :idiot:

:laughing: That's right! :D

Observations:

one more:

when at the south pole if someone hands you a beer make sure its a beer and not a coke before drinking.

WTF?

If you need an extremely drunk a-hole in camp invite Steveo.

if you need a extremely annoying oversized 12 year old to either roost you , kick sand on you , push you , knock your hat off , or light fireworks off in your pocket invite Bert. :idiot:

Edited by steveo

i couldn't find the south pole! i looked at the spot on the map but didn't find it, found the north pole though on sunday and there were quite a few people. who's all going Presidents weekend? we'll have to get together then.

You're missing something in the DDR. The first D stands for DUMONT Dune Riders, not Glamis Dune Riders. :bs: Stop going to Glamis and get your a$$ to Dumont on these trips! :idiot::dunno:

yeah guys come on get it together come play with the fun drunks :laughing::shake::coffee: