the Chevy Chevette story

dunefreak

Back in the day my buddy and I bought a Chvette off some chick for a hundred bucks. We figured we'd get a hundred bucks worth of fun out of it and oh boy did we! :laughoff: We jumped it, mobbed it through the desert, blasted trash cans, curbs, and whatever else we could with it. It was great that it was a 4 door too. We could load up a few peeps and laugh till our stomaches hurt. :laughoff:

I kept it in my back yard. (I lived on an acre) I used to have bon fire parties and my buddy Jeremy would park his lifted K5 Blazer on the hood of it! :dance: That car brought more fun and good times than some of the most expensive toys I have ever bought. After I thought we had enough of it, one of my friends from high :smoker: school bought it for 50 bucks off us. He cruised it around Green Valley :laughoff: with his hippie Phish (that hippie band) friends. They spray painted it and made it look hidious. He lived in an upscale neighborhood too and...well, his mom didn't like it sitting out front anymore. Ya think? :fro: So she made him get rid of it. He had no where to keep it so he kinda gave it back to US. :shoot: :laughoff:

It sat around for a while longer and one day I cleaned the back yard up and we decided to say good riddance to the ol Chevette. We brought it way out to the desert. As soon as I unload it off the trailer I found this "medium sized" mound and jumped the crap out of it and ripped all the exhaust off it it. :laughoff: We then thrashed around a little while longer and then the motor finally locked up. We then pulled it around with my buddy Jeremy's Samurai. (We had to get some more wheelin in and find a cliff.) We found a pretty decent one and well...the rest is history....

Here are the pics after it was dead...

post-3-1168129457.jpg

post-3-1168129499.jpg

post-3-1168129519.jpg

post-3-1168129526.jpg

post-3-1168129535.jpg

post-3-1168129547.jpg

post-3-1168129721.jpg

post-3-1168130047.jpg

post-3-1168129729.jpg

"WTF? It almost looks the same!"

post-3-1168129737.jpg

"Well, it's dead...now what?....."might as well piss on it!" :idiot:

post-3-1168130085.jpg

The Chevette demolision crew (minus me- I took the pic)

post-3-1168130351.jpg

and that's the :surrender: Chevette story. :laughoff:

I also have a Chevette story, only my story begins with: a Geo Metro 4 cylendar 5 speed manual car :laughing: ... We had a buddy that was a towtruck driver for a local junkyard. and one day he brought this geo to my buddys house because it still ran and drove great, people just dropped it off at the yard for cash. so we clipped the front brake lines and we were ready to go. every time you hit the brakes the back end drifted out. made a great drifter car :thumb: . the best part was gettin up to about 35 mph, then slamming it into reverse on the gravel road, that sprayed rocks everywhere! We rally raced that thing through the country for about two days. then we made a ramp out of an old fridge and a heavy duty barn door. we put our helmets on and buckled then went for it. that car got good air, but the lack of suspension kinda hurt :thumb: . it ended up ripping both motor mounts off the block, so there were 2 baseball sized holes in the block now. the block was leaning against the radiator and the factory coil wire was too short now. but luckily we had an old 240z that had a looong coil wire we could borrow for a whie. since all the coolant went out of those two holes, we figured there wasnt long left, so we took it out rallying for one last hurrah and got another 2 miles outta the car, then the engine started squealing. so we reved it up to the limiter, dumped the clutch, and the tranny case exploded. then we put the outriggers from the boom truck on it and when we were done the car was about 6 inches tall. the end. wish i had pics.

That's a real great story HOWEVER! It is stunts like that and sh*t that people dump out in the desert that has lead to the closing of the Sloan Mt. Range and many other places. Had you hauled it out of the desert to the junk yard. That would have been good. Now the city or who ever has to go out there and clean up the mess that you so gladly left behind. And we the taxpayers get to pay for it. Not to mention that leaves more unsightly crap out there for us people who love the deserts beauty. Just like a Dumont Haul it in, Haul it Out.

That's a real great story HOWEVER! It is stunts like that and sh*t that people dump out in the desert that has lead to the closing of the Sloan Mt. Range and many other places. Had you hauled it out of the desert to the junk yard. That would have been good. Now the city or who ever has to go out there and clean up the mess that you so gladly left behind. And we the taxpayers get to pay for it. Not to mention that leaves more unsightly crap out there for us people who love the deserts beauty. Just like a Dumont Haul it in, Haul it Out.

Who said we left it out there????? Take a deep breath for God sakes! :laughoff:

(I don't know if you noticed, but there is a road at the bottom where it landed, very easily accessable by truck and flatbed.)

Edited by dunefreak

Who said we left it out there????? Take a deep breath for God sakes! :laughoff:

Aw, but you didn't say that you did take it out either. I just assumed. I have seen so many crashed, dumped, burnt, even saw a Ahen Rental Water truck burned out there once, and a stolen Honda at the waterfall. So you see where I'm coming form.

Edited by desertskyz

here is my cheVETTE story....

most of you that were at the new years party met my parents, well my dad has a great sence of humor...especially with us kids...

well my sister was about to turn 16, and she wanted a car somthing feirce, well she bugged my dad for the whole year, and dad kept telling her that she would get one soon. so as the days neared to her sweet 16, she kept asking "Dad what kind of car am i getting?" no real reply from my dad.

Finally one day he had enough of my lovely sis, and told her.

Dad:i found you a chevette.

my sister (not all that bright) said " oh my gawd your getting me a VETTE!?!?!?!?"

Dad: yeah a CheVETTE

Sis: bwaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuu (running and screaming)

me: snicker....giggle...nudge nudge....Dad....she thinks your getting her a VETTE, not a Chevette....

Dad: I know...(laughing hysteriaclly inside)

so we didnt have the heart to tell her right away, and let the next 4/10 days go by, meanwhile she is telling all her friends and peeps at school that she is getting a Vette....it got out of hand for a while, (other parents were calling mine expressing their disaproval over my parents decision in getting my not so smart sister a Vette)

Well B Day has arrived....heh heh heh

i got to the car first....i had to drive it to the house...so on the way i stopped at d*cks auto salvage...got a pair of pliers and screw driver and made the Chevette logo, (on each fender) now said VETTE...

when arriving at my house my sister walked out and saw this abortion that was soppused to be a corvette....well i told here it is a Vette yes...they just forgot the Cor at the factory.....you could have lifted her jaw with a forklift....my dad and i dam near pissed ourselves, my mom was pissed(for letting the joke go so far)...and laughing...my sister didnt talk to dad for about a month..didnt even drive the car for the first 2 weeks....finally she drove it, and when she got out of highschool, that poor vette looked like the one Pete had....thats my Vette story

Edited by RAGDOLL MX

Newlyweds, not alot of cash lying around. My 1972 LeMans Sport laid an egg :rockon: . (Motor gave up) So we buy a used "Vette". We thought it would be temporary at best. We moved the stereo sytem out of the Pontiac into the Chevette, good move. Two years later, (BTW did I mention that this rig was just temporary? And that I have done everything in my power to rid myself of this useless pile of crap, up to and including never, ever servicing the car). Anyway, we are going to a place in downtown Baltimore called HammerJacks to see OZZY :shake: . At the time HJ's was the place to be. Great show, OZZY is nuts. We come out of the club walk over to where we parked, or where we thought we parked :laughoff: , no car. I look around some more, still no car. Someone actually stole the piece of scat :laughoff: . I am sure there were other cars in that parking lot, why steal the only Chevette in a 5 mile radius? Then I figure it out :laughoff: , the stereo system, damn :laughoff:.

A couple of days later the police find the rig, totaled, trashed, and of course no stereo system. The insurance company gives me way too much for the car and we end up with a new Toyota 4x4 pick-up. The moral or the story... sometimes an old lump of coal can turn into a diamond!

Its not that simple. There is a list a mle long of stuff the dump will not take. Car parts is one of them. Cars is another. Junk yards will not accept many cars either.....why, the title transfer paper work. Why buy 200 cars a week, and have to do different paper work on a one?

If you take a car to a junkyard, they will call the city to tow it, then the last registered owner gets the impound and tow bill. Thats real nice huh, esspecially if you sold the car 10 years ago. If you try to take it to the dump, they will turn you arould or charge you, and they count air space, nice huh. If you take a camper shell out there for instance, they charge you for all the area it takes up, dispite the fact that they drive over it once with a loader and its 1/25 the the area then. If they see any car parts, its a no no....THATS WHY THERE IS SO MUCH sh*t DUMPED NEAR THE DUMP. People try to do the right thing and get screwed for it by the county. You try to do the right thing and they charge you for it, when the guy next to you could be dumping construction debris for free. Then they over charge you for the air space you item has in it! NOW GO WHINE TO SOMEBODY, make sure their title ends in county employee though.

Its not that simple. There is a list a mle long of stuff the dump will not take. Car parts is one of them. Cars is another. Junk yards will not accept many cars either.....why, the title transfer paper work. Why buy 200 cars a week, and have to do different paper work on a one?

If you take a car to a junkyard, they will call the city to tow it, then the last registered owner gets the impound and tow bill. Thats real nice huh, esspecially if you sold the car 10 years ago. If you try to take it to the dump, they will turn you arould or charge you, and they count air space, nice huh. If you take a camper shell out there for instance, they charge you for all the area it takes up, dispite the fact that they drive over it once with a loader and its 1/25 the the area then. If they see any car parts, its a no no....THATS WHY THERE IS SO MUCH sh*t DUMPED NEAR THE DUMP. People try to do the right thing and get screwed for it by the county. You try to do the right thing and they charge you for it, when the guy next to you could be dumping construction debris for free. Then they over charge you for the air space you item has in it! NOW GO WHINE TO SOMEBODY, make sure their title ends in county employee though.

Last time I checked the dump is privately owned and not owned by the county.

It was explained to me that car parts are NOT household items, therefore they aren't covered on your standard bill for trash service. I dumped a bunch of stuff at a sub-station and was charged extra for the fiberglass baja fenders I trashed, however, the rest of the stuff I had was free to dump with my most recent bill.......

your right pete, cymyfirepole, thats correct but they couldnt get in bed any further, if you dont pay republic then the county will come clean up your property for you. They will also kindly fine you for not getting rid of your trash, and where ya gonna go?

what about the pinto.....my wife rode around in a orange pinto wagon as a kid, that would be child abuse today.

your right pete, cymyfirepole, thats correct but they couldnt get in bed any further, if you dont pay republic then the county will come clean up your property for you. They will also kindly fine you for not getting rid of your trash, and where ya gonna go?

:laughoff: Not paying Republic only stops any curb service you get, however, if you don't clean up your property then it becomes either a health violation or a code violation.....that's when the County has to step in and enforce the codes for public safety. They are not in bed together. :woo_hoo: I don't see how they are...but I'm over it.

We used to have an old '69 ford.....don't remember what model....that we mobbed around the 29 palms desert for a while. post-475-1168445088.gifWe got it stuck in a wash and my old man got so mad at us he parked it for good. :dunno: It was a blast while it lasted though. Eventually it became good target practice. :laughoff: