1-20-07 weekend Trip Report

dunefreak

Well I managed to squeeze in a little day trip today. :boxer: Actuially it was more like a half day trip or 4 hrs to be exact. It was well worth it too! My day started out with throwing my 2 wheeler, little cooler, and gear bag in the DMax and hauled azz to D! :driver: I made record time getting there :blink: and had no problem finding camp. Most everyone was out on a ride when I got there so I took off and rode camp to camp to chat and say hi to the fellow DDR peeps that I could find. In a matter of 20-30 minutes I had managed to track down Captainkirk, Dman, Mike156, ynot, ash, b370, rogers807, and then saw Raptoroy over at vendor row! :banghead: Ok that sounded like I rode all over, but actually it was only 2 camps. :laughoff:

The weather was beautiful all day. I actually got a little warm in just my normal riding gear/ no long sleeves. The dunes were pretty smooth and had not too many tracks. I was able to get a good run in with kris and racnjasen. We hit the dunes and ended up at the north pole.

normal_S2010088~4.JPG

Then...here comes JoeDuner on the huntin quad pulling a long azz wheelie! :driver: I think that is his signature move from now on. :dunno:

We then cruised back to camp and it was just about time to go meet up for the 2 o'clock ride at the south pole.

Sparky getting the little ones strapped in...

normal_S2010092~4.JPG

There was a pretty good turnout of peeps....

normal_S2010094~3.JPG

We hit the dunes and like always the crowd left at different times and was pretty much several groups. :coocoo::rolleyes: Most the bikes went first then the buggies left after. We somehow ended up meeting up with the buggies in the middle of the dunes though. Raptoroy blew an intercooler hose off. Luckily it was an easy fix though. :D

normal_S2010097~3.JPG

normal_S2010098~1.JPG

We then hit the north pole, found our buddy Stephan out there that we had no idea was going out to Dumont :woo_hoo: , then cruised over to comp for some hill action.

normal_S2010100~1.JPG

After the ride I had very little time to hang out because I needed to get back to see my mom in the hospital before visiting hours were over. It was hard to leave. The beer was tasty, plenty of good company, and the fire was just lit. :rockon: It was all good though. By going out today for even a short day run I was able to take one last load off from a pretty stressfull week. The 2 wheeler does wonders in that department. :laughoff::laughoff::shake:

It was great seeing everyone out there today and was cool to finally put a couple faces to names (Sparky and Happyhour). :D:laughoff: I hope everyone has a safe and fun rest of the weekend out there.

PaulyPaul & FMF luver...

normal_S2010103~1.JPG

normal_S2010104~1.JPG

Superdave with a cold beer and a smile :flipoff::D

normal_S2010102~1.JPG

heading home down Dumont Dunes Rd with a nice sunset to finish the day B)

normal_S2010109~1.JPG

GOOD TIMES......GOOOOD TIMES :grin:

It was our first time with ddr on a run ....wow that was so COOL ... what a blast , the train of quads dirtbikes and sandrails... hope to join in next time.... :laughing:

i made it out for saturday and i'll tell you that the weather couldn't be any better :blink: i got to meet paulypaul at comp hill and did a little racing :laughoff: he's really cool. i also got to meet suzukilt and we did the same. sorry i didn't get over to meet any more of 'yall but maybe next time. i know suzukilt is going out this weekend, but i think my next trip will be president's day.

Man we just left and I can't friggin wait to go back.

Is it just me or as soon as you get everything cleaned up from the last trip your ready to go back. :D

Dude, That is effin trippin' me out. :laughing:

I was just tellin' my buddy Lou that same thing.

We went this trip. came home Sunday and by Tuesday I was like WTF :thumb:

It seemed like two weeks.

And it had only been two days. :monkeedance2:

Mutha Bitchezzzz :driver::laughing:

I wanna dune NOW!! :hello:

The guy was learning to jump his 2 wheeler by doing his training off the top of comp hill! He had a open broken femur. Not a good place to learn how to jump in my opinion. He might agree with me today?

My wife is good friends with this guys (Levi) sister. He has been riding Dumont for many years. He hit a rut on comp hill and had a major spill. He ended up breaking both ankles, femur, and punctured his liver. This was not a rookie accident, just a bum deal. He is out of the hospital and recovering.

The guy was learning to jump his 2 wheeler by doing his training off the top of comp hill! He had a open broken femur. Not a good place to learn how to jump in my opinion. He might agree with me today?

]I just wanted to take a minute and respond to your quote about the guy you thought was jumping his 2 wheeler. The guy was me and i was not jumping my bike at the top of Comp Hill. I've been riding at dumont for years and had the misfortune of crashing for the first time. Pleas get your information correct before you start telling people what happened. thank you

]I just wanted to take a minute and respond to your quote about the guy you thought was jumping his 2 wheeler. The guy was me and i was not jumping my bike at the top of Comp Hill. I've been riding at dumont for years and had the misfortune of crashing for the first time. Pleas get your information correct before you start telling people what happened. thank you

To all of you who care, I shattered my right ankle, compound fracture of right femur, fractrured right radius (arm), and lacerated liver. I am doing fine now and am ou of the hospital with no complocations with the liver or right arm. The ankle will take about 9 weeks before i can put weight on it again.

I would especially like to thank all of the people that came to help up on the hill that day. It means a lot that there are so many great people thet still ride out there. Thanks again.

To all of you who care, I shattered my right ankle, compound fracture of right femur, fractrured right radius (arm), and lacerated liver. I am doing fine now and am ou of the hospital with no complocations with the liver or right arm. The ankle will take about 9 weeks before i can put weight on it again.

I would especially like to thank all of the people that came to help up on the hill that day. It means a lot that there are so many great people thet still ride out there. Thanks again.

Wow Levi,

That sucks. :jester:

I'm glad you are doing better. Thanks to God, Dr.s and everyone who helped.

I've broken my femur on a dirtbike and know that pain. I realize more than just the femur is hurt. outch.

Hope DDR hasn't upset you in this post, I think everyone was just trying to figure out what happened.

Hope you have a speedy recovery and we can see you out there again soon.

R-

I wish you my best for a quick recovery. It's good to hear you are not seriously hurt. Get well soon.

Sorrry dude but that's the info the BLM emt told me. So I thought it was a reliable source. Hope I didn't offend you and hope you get well soon.