5th annual FoDD Dumont Dunes clean-up & 2nd annual DDR Dune Trip

dunefreak

Everybody mark their calendar's now!

FoDD_cleanup_flyer.jpg

cleanup.gif

Last year's was a blast and we hope to make this year's even better! Last year DDR as a group collected over 160 bags of trash and we hope to beat that number for this year's cleanup. It's all about Dumont and going out to show our support for the cleanup and that we care about the place. Let's show everyone how much we all care.

Most of us from DDR will have camps set up near the cleanup events and stage. We urge everyone from the site to come out and get together in the same general area near the cleanup events. This will give people a chance to put a face to a name, hang out and get to know each other a little better from the site. The cleanup events will be located just across the gravel road from bathroom 10/ before you get to bathroom 6.

More details to come, but plan on good times for sure.

Friends of Dumont Dunes does a great job putting the cleanup together every year.

For pics and more info on last year's cleanup, here is the trip report.

Who all plans on being there??? :mc_smiley: :mc_smiley:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do believe I will be there also. By the way does anybody have access to a PA system? We really need a better setup than we had last year. We had a mic with no on/off switch and one little speaker. If we could borrow, rent etc a system let me know asap.

Thanks,

Terry

I'll be there for sure, can't wait. Terry, I've got a small PA system you can use that weekend. Think it will be ok, I use it on my firing ranges. Let me know....Semper Fi, Woody :beercheers:

Woody, that would be great can you give me an idea of size, number of speakers etc.? Maybe a pic. I don't want to seem like a pain but last year was a donor and it was severly lacking. Just trying to be better prepared.

Thanks,

I plan on being there!!!!!

I am donating a car or truck paint touch up and a set of 3M clear door edge guards installed, for the raffle. So any of you that have talked to me about your car or truck here's a chance to get me for FREE!!!

Edited by Kens Colors

We'll be there also. The company I work for said they would donate to the cause also. I should be getting the things with-in the next couple of weeks and get them to the right people. Working on one of the local Fire departments also. The year before last they really came through. It kind of helps if your sister is one of the bosses. Anyway, I hope there will be more.

Terry,

I'll get a couple pics of it this afternoon, and what it is, gotta work at the range anyway. I think we have 2 speakers, but we usually just use one on the firing line and it works pretty good. I'll post up when I get off work...Semper Fi, Woody

Edited by wsky70

Terry,

I'll get a couple pics of it this afternoon, and what it is, gotta work at the range anyway. I think we have 2 speakers, but we usually just use one on the firing line and it works pretty good. I'll post up when I get off work...Semper Fi, Woody

Thanks Woody, I kinda figured if it would work at a firing range it should work for us!

Appreciate it.

We'll be there also. The company I work for said they would donate to the cause also. I should be getting the things with-in the next couple of weeks and get them to the right people. Working on one of the local Fire departments also. The year before last they really came through. It kind of helps if your sister is one of the bosses. Anyway, I hope there will be more.

You know... having a fire truck out there for the kids to gawk at might be kind of fun. Some of those little plastic fireman hats and badges, a lot of hand shaking and hero worship.

Just a thought...

Terry, this is what I have, hopefully it'll be ok for what you want to do....Semper Fi, Woody

Anchor Audio's Mega 6000 features 22 Watts and a handheld wired microphone!

This Anchor Audio MEGA-6000 is a portable PA system with an included MIC-50 wired handheld microphone and a built-in rechargeable battery. Add wireless microphones to this PA through Anchor's UHF-6400 wireless microphone system.

070123009.jpg

070123007.jpg

070123008.jpg

Terry, this is what I have, hopefully it'll be ok for what you want to do....Semper Fi, Woody

Anchor Audio's Mega 6000 features 22 Watts and a handheld wired microphone!

This Anchor Audio MEGA-6000 is a portable PA system with an included MIC-50 wired handheld microphone and a built-in rechargeable battery. Add wireless microphones to this PA through Anchor's UHF-6400 wireless microphone system.

070123009.jpg

070123007.jpg

070123008.jpg

Whoa, industrial strength!! Woody I think that would work great. Thank You and we will talk about getting it set up Sat. the 17th in the AM if that's ok with you. I will count on it.

You know... having a fire truck out there for the kids to gawk at might be kind of fun. Some of those little plastic fireman hats and badges, a lot of hand shaking and hero worship.

Just a thought...Wish they could do the Fire Truck.

Should be t-shirts, couple back packs some other odds & ends. I'll check on the hats.