Need film of Dumont

ynot

I have been contacted by a company that is looking to do some postitive film work of Dumont Dunes and the people that love the sport. What they are looking for now and over the next 2-3 weeks is film of people doing what they love to do at Dumont. (Let's keep it clean LOL) If you want some or all of your tape to be used please contact me and you will need to send me hard copies of it, IE Tape or CD.Then I will forward it to them for editing.

Friends of Dumont Dunes will want to keep it as a positive viewing by the public so sobe bombs,no helmet stupid stuff will not be used. Action film of cars,atv's, 2 wheelers and rhinos would be appreciated along with some campfire, kids riding family stuff thrown in for good measure.

This is a chance to promote the dunes in a positive light along with being able to see your video on TV(no Guarantees everybodys will make the cut but it's worth a try).

If your a budding film maker here is your chance to show it off!

Please E mail me for mailing address or arrangements to pick items up!

Thanks in Advance now go have fun and film it!!

Terry

Edited by ynot

This is going to be great for positive press!

Every time we can get something out that shows the best side of our sport we gain a little ground. It's so much harder to close down something that doesn't fit the "earth destroyer" propaganda the anti-access groups spew.

Vicki

• 3 weeks later...

I am a very low tech gear head with hours and hours of unedited helmet cam footage. I probably could figure out how to email small samples or I could put footage on disc. How can I get footage to you?

I use an editing program (Pinacle) to capture the footage from my camera to the computer. It saves it as .AVI format (which creates large files and takes up alot of space). First i edit the vids in the editing program and when i'm done I create an MPEG or a WMV file (way smaller than AVI).... through the same editing program.

What kind of camera and tape format are U using?

I use an editing program (Pinacle) to capture the footage from my camera to the computer. It saves it as .AVI format (which creates large files and takes up alot of space). First i edit the vids in the editing program and when i'm done I create an MPEG or a WMV file (way smaller than AVI).... through the same editing program.

What kind of camera and tape format are U using?

I'll check that out. I am using an Archos AV 500 (DVR I think). I was just using my DVDR and recording it to DVD, but My editing sucks. I also figured out how to save to Windows media player, but can't edit and the files seem to be large (probably that AVI). I am working on it. At the very least I have some DVDR with bad editing that could probably be used. I just took about 10 hours of unedited video and recorded random clips to it. The trouble with that is that it won't play on all DVD players. I don't know if that is a problem or not. Thanks for the help, I'll check on your editing program. Let me know if you have any other ideas.