Prez Weekend

wsky70

Newb to the board. :dunno:

Having a hard time coordinating getting my sandrail, and my toy hauler to Dumont for prez day weekened. Long story but the sandrail doesnt fit. :woo_hoo: The girlfriend doesnt want to go without the toy hauler, hmmph women and their needs. :laughoff::ban-split: JK

So, if I can figure out a way to get this done, which i am working on doing every single available moment............ me, my daughter, and my girlfriend will be joining the group if thats a o k??? We really dont know anyone else to camp out with. Or go riding, so its been kinda hard the last trip we went to get out and really go railing. Just ended up climbing the the front side hills. We did meet up with one ole timer and he lead us around for a spin, that was simply amazing. He was 92 years old and still duning. And a darn good leader.

It will be our third time out to Dumont. BTW we always have plenty of drinks and food. :rockwoot:

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Big Red welcome from still a newbie....youre welcome to camp w/ us if you can find us.(usually between the rock hill and the cliffs above the pass checkers) We will probably have around 5 or 6 haulers or motorhomes w/ 5 or 6 kids. I can email you some pics of my toys to help find us if your interested. Were goin out probably wed or thurs. night thru monday:)

Andy

Edited by vegasandy

Hey Big Red welcome from still a newbie....youre welcome to camp w/ us if you can find us.(usually between the rock hill and the cliffs above the pass checkers) We will probably have around 5 or 6 haulers or motorhomes w/ 5 or 6 kids. I can email you some pics of my toys to help find us if your interested. Were goin out probably wed or thurs. night thru monday:)

Andy

Andy, thank you so much. Now just need to find a way to get my rail out there. We are thinking of heading out wed also.

But I will have to leave my toy hauler out there, and probably come back and get the rail. Thats gonna hurt. 3.5 hours each way. :laughing:

Andy, thank you so much. Now just need to find a way to get my rail out there. We are thinking of heading out wed also.

But I will have to leave my toy hauler out there, and probably come back and get the rail. Thats gonna hurt. 3.5 hours each way. :laughing:

red what is the problem to tall let all the air outa the tires inches to short let the air outa the tires to wide get factory vw wheels and some old bald tires and let the aire outa them

show us your delima and see if we can help :laughing:

red what is the problem to tall let all the air outa the tires inches to short let the air outa the tires to wide get factory vw wheels and some old bald tires and let the aire outa them

show us your delima and see if we can help :coocoo:

Width and tall wise its fine. It length wise, I need another 2.5 feet to make her fit. I have tried to think of everything, but I just dont see it happening. :laughing:

If anyone on here can think of something, it sure would make my year, and get my g/f off my a$$. I ended up buying a new TH, and the toy doesnt fit. :laughing: ...........the girlfriend still doesnt let me live it down. And I only have been able to get out duning a couple times due to having to rely on friends hauling my rail out. But next weekend everyone I know is busy.

If you guys need me to post a pic of the problem I can, but really its simple. The TH cargo space is not long enough. :( I pull up in the cargo area, can pull all the way in, the entire back tires wont make it in. Width wise they will, length wise. As my g/f keeps joking, its not long enough.

Edited by Big Red

btw, I know this is a long shot and a half. but if anyone lives up in the Palmdale/Lancaster area and can pull a car hauler size trailer. And wants to go duning this prez weekend. I got an extra bunk or two in the hauler, and will supply the food, gas, etc.........

ok guys, can you see I am desperate. lol I so dont want to make the trip, twice! Like I said, 3.5 hours each way when pulling....

Can you build a set of ramps to lift the frount end up so it will have more roomto go in don't now if you have the room to do this but I have see it done. they built the ramps to the heigth of the counter so the car would fit.If not let me now and I can come and pull your car or trailer

Can you build a set of ramps to lift the frount end up so it will have more roomto go in don't now if you have the room to do this but I have see it done. they built the ramps to the heigth of the counter so the car would fit.If not let me now and I can come and pull your car or trailer

thats one of the first things I thought of, it wont fit. the refridge is on one side, and the range hood on the other. only other idea that ""might" work. is back the buggy in, lift front end of buggy. make some kind of supports, whatever, but the back ramp will be open about a foot. i know, i know, grasping for straws.

if you are offering to pull my rail out there, that would be a God send. i am just gonna rent one of those uhaul car haulers to get through this trip. last week i missed a great deal on a flatbed by a couple mins. :laughing:

man, you guys have really been a big help. i really appreciate everyone offering help. a really good family here, just trying to get out to the dunes. but dad, being me, didnt measure the darn rail right. so right now, i just wanna go :laughing: so if you guys can help me outta this bind. much much appreciated. cause i dont wanna get rid of the rail, and i for sure dont want to miss out on this weekend. :(

again thanks to Andy for the camp invite.

Edited by Big Red

What if you could pull it in most of the way, then jack it up, pull the rear tires off then roll is in on a dolly with out the rear tires on? You said it was the tires, or is it chassis?

BTW, its gonna be packed, if you see my big long black trailer, your welcome to try and find a spot. It has a blue DDR stick on the back, and is the longest trailer at dumont. We will have out 4 yr old daughter and a friend has a 5.5 yr old girl, if you have a little one.

What if you could pull it in most of the way, then jack it up, pull the rear tires off then roll is in on a dolly with out the rear tires on? You said it was the tires, or is it chassis?

BTW, its gonna be packed, if you see my big long black trailer, your welcome to try and find a spot. It has a blue DDR stick on the back, and is the longest trailer at dumont. We will have out 4 yr old daughter and a friend has a 5.5 yr old girl, if you have a little one.

the chasis wont fit through the front part. lol it doesnt matter how high you lift it, it wont squeeze through there.

I will be bringing my lil one, she is 8 yrs old. first time out to dunes for her so she is really excited. she will have her new quad I just got her for christmas. Thank you so much for the camp invite. If things fall through with Andy, you are next on my list. camping alone last time, sucked!!!!! and riding alone was even so much worse. heck, i think i wont mind the crowd at all this weekend. lol

I would also like to thank "barneycar" for offering to pull the rail out there for a small nominal fee. can anyone vouch for him? my girlfriend is freaking saying he will steal our rail. lol

the chasis wont fit through the front part. lol it doesnt matter how high you lift it, it wont squeeze through there.

I will be bringing my lil one, she is 8 yrs old. first time out to dunes for her so she is really excited. she will have her new quad I just got her for christmas. Thank you so much for the camp invite. If things fall through with Andy, you are next on my list. camping alone last time, sucked!!!!! and riding alone was even so much worse. heck, i think i wont mind the crowd at all this weekend. lol

I would also like to thank "barneycar" for offering to pull the rail out there for a small nominal fee. can anyone vouch for him? my girlfriend is freaking saying he will steal our rail. lol

was in the garage tinkering with the rail. and started looking at the paddles. they are ate up like freddy krugers face. :laughing: does anyone know if there will be vendors out there(dumont) selling paddles? I have one new one, but I cant see myself putting on the new one. I will be doing doughnuts all day long. :laughing: the tires did ok last time we were out there. but a new set would really set it off.

Or does anyone know of a place that overnights? I can order it on monday.

Edited by Big Red

I bought 4 from nevada offroad buggy for less then anyplace online, esspecially considering shipping. Those I mounted in my shop, and they were a pain to seat with no tube. Thanksgiving I think it was, I lost a tube in a rail, the doghouse had a tube but no one would remount the tire. I couldn't find anyone out there that could mount anything other then a quad tire.....so I did it the old fashion way, by hand in camp. It was actually pretty easy, but I know it depends entirely on the tire.

was in the garage tinkering with the rail. and started looking at the paddles. they are ate up like freddy krugers face. :laughing: does anyone know if there will be vendors out there(dumont) selling paddles? I have one new one, but I cant see myself putting on the new one. I will be doing doughnuts all day long. :laughing: the tires did ok last time we were out there. but a new set would really set it off.

Or does anyone know of a place that overnights? I can order it on monday.

if you are pulling your trailer with a truck they sell a ramp kit that you can haul your rail on the truck

Alright, big weekend just ahead, lets get some numbers who's coming, are we going to have a potluck? Post up please, lets have some fun......See you all out there....Semper Fi, Woody :thumb::DDRrocks:

Dunefreak

ISBB

PaulyPaul

BPGuy

Wsky70

Yamapimp

Ball-n-Chain

dman74

High Octane Junkie

Vegas Style

Sincity_Blondie

LVKC20

Wingnut & Crasher

Randog

Barefoot Bob

cmyfirepole

vegas400ex

1BadYFZ

Steveo

Desertskyz

:thumb::rockwoot::idiot: :fro: (BIG RICK) WILL BE THERE THURSDAY MORNING.......

btw, I know this is a long shot and a half. but if anyone lives up in the Palmdale/Lancaster area and can pull a car hauler size trailer. And wants to go duning this prez weekend. I got an extra bunk or two in the hauler, and will supply the food, gas, etc.........

ok guys, can you see I am desperate. lol I so dont want to make the trip, twice! Like I said, 3.5 hours each way when pulling....

Man I feel for ya, bud. I hope you figure something out. :( I wish I could help. :thumb:

I can vouch for barneycar though. He seems like a great guy just from bs'in w/ him on DDR for quite a few months now. :rockwoot::DDRrocks::D

Man I feel for ya, bud. I hope you figure something out. :( I wish I could help. :idiot:

I can vouch for barneycar though. He seems like a great guy just from bs'in w/ him on DDR for quite a few months now. :fro: :DDRrocks::D

yeh man, i been going through hell since we purchased the TH and the rail doesnt fit. the girlfriend has been putting me through the ringer. i dont blame her though, measure twice, cut once. :thumb:

Thank you for vouching. :rockwoot:

Dumont here we come!

I am looking forward to meeting some DDR peeps and putting faces to names. Big I am in a towing dilema also, with my truck getting hit, it puts my hitch out of commision and to tow my toy hauler so that I can use the 5th wheel hitch is a bit of an over kill for a day trip. So I have to get my brother to go if not I am going to borrow a suburban to tow mine and my daughters bikes.

Wish I could stay the night but I will be going again the following weekend.

Edited by mineurbiz

Alright, big weekend just ahead, lets get some numbers who's coming, are we going to have a potluck? Post up please, lets have some fun......See you all out there....Semper Fi, Woody :2cents::beercheers:

I thought I posted on this thread, but maybe not! We're coming! We'll be there on Thursday - Monday with the new Raptor!!! Just look for us, our 2 crazy dogs and the blue Coors Light Flag!!!

:tapdance: :slap::laughing:

post-1635-1171262328.jpg

post-1635-1171262396.jpg

Man I feel for ya, bud. I hope you figure something out. :( I wish I could help. :laughing:

I can vouch for barneycar though. He seems like a great guy just from bs'in w/ him on DDR for quite a few months now. :slap::beercheers::D

Thanks DuneFreak for the vouch. I going to pull Big Reds car out for him. wish I could go for the hole weekend

ok red this is easy it will cost you roughly 2000 to fix go to a hitch shop have a hitch installed on the back of your toy hauler roughly 500 bucks or less go to carson trailer or similar by a 16'x102" trailer you will have both there pull doubles keep it at 55 you wont have any troubles :beercheers:

you can even make it cheaper borrow a busy buddies trailer then your only out the cost of a hitch. :laughing:

or rent a car trailer :slap:

Edited by barefoot bob