Stripper pole

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read through this thread and can't find it but maybe I missed it...

What is the purpose of having the stripper pole out there and not in your own camp... more room?

1) Is it for profit? 2) To provide entertainment? 3) To promote your business?

As for the permit, it is essential if you want to run your "show" on public land. One of the reasons is, your "attraction" is going to require more police activity to keep you and your pole dancers, and the crowd around all of you, safe. Users who would not be present at the "show" should not have to pay for what they won't use... so you, as the business owner/entertainer, will naturally have to foot the bill for the extra law enforcement presence, trash cleanup, etc.

That is, if you are granted a permit. President's Day is out of the question already due to the timing, by the way... the process takes about 180 days to complete.

The BLM is not there to enforce morality laws, but they are there to protect our resources and serve the duning public. Dumont Dunes is a recreation area, used by people of all ages. The demographics of Dumont vary tremendously from those at Glamis and the BLM knows that, and they know there is a huge public push to keep it that way. As such, it's quite likely they will continue to do exactly what they did last time... send your party back to the privacy of your camp.

Vicki

Edited by SailAway

What is the purpose of having the stripper pole out there and not in your own camp... more room?

As for the permit, it is essential if you want to run your "show" on public land. One of the reasons is, your "attraction" is going to require more police activity to keep you and your pole dancers, and the crowd around all of you, safe. Users who would not be present at the "show" should not have to pay for what they won't use... so you, as the business owner/entertainer, will naturally have to foot the bill for the extra law enforcement presence, trash cleanup, etc.

That is, if you are granted a permit. President's Day is out of the question already due to the timing, by the way... the process takes about 180 days to complete.

The BLM is not there to enforce morality laws, but they are there to protect our resources and serve the duning public. Dumont Dunes is a recreation area, used by people of all ages. The demographics of Dumont vary tremendously from those at Glamis and the BLM knows that, and they know there is a huge public push to keep it that way. As such, it's quite likely they will continue to do exactly what they did last time... send your party back to the privacy of your camp.

Vicki

:headbang1::laughing: I agree with Vicki. Alot of people bring their kids to dumont, and dont want them subjected to crap like that. They go out there to enjoy the dunes and atmosphere, not the wanna be pole dancers.

Just my 02 cents.

Vicki

:headbang1::laughing: I agree also. I don't pay $60 a year to have that kind of thing thrown in my face. Take it back to camp. There are just too many youngin' around.

HMMMM...I wonder if there will be a stripper pole out there for my bachelor party?????? :rockwoot:

T :stick_smack: HERES TWO POLES WAITING FOR YOU , THE NORTH AND SOUTH , JUST NEED A GENERATOR SOME LIGHTS AND HO'S :dunno:

When I first read this post I just shook my head and said WHY? Now after reading the remainder of the posts I shake my head and say WHY?

WHY would you bring this to a family type area where age control is impossible. Second, why would you bring something that you are going to get hassled for right under the Law Enforcement Officers noses and than b*tch that "they shut you down" Last thing I had heard about the t-day incident was it cost you $1300.00 in fines and you were lucky that they wern't pushing stiffer charges against you. Now you want to come back and do it again?

What part of this equasion am I missing? Or maybe I am not the one missing it?

I stopped going to comp hill on Thanksgiving 2005 just because of this incident. It showed me that all the things that I don't like happening at the dunes were there all in one place and by me going it was being a hypocrit.

So do what you want but I personally hope they write you, book you and take your rig as evidence.

I fight to keep Dumont open for my kids and grandkids and I don't want to see yahoo's like this ruin it for them.

Now I am off my soapbox!

I am one that enjoys looking at pretty woman just like the next guy but I

have to agree that this is not the place to do this kind of thing. :dunno:

Now if you are having a party at your house I would not mind an invite. :stick_smack::rockwoot:

yeah that was the halloween of 05 they didn't horass us any more after we moved it back to camp that trip but every time we pull in to the dunes now they horass us at the pay station and they come hang out at camp and bullshit with us the first night we are there.

What exactly is a "horass"??? :dunno: is it one of these :rockwoot::stick_smack: JK

:stick_smack::dunno: I agree also. I don't pay $60 a year to have that kind of thing thrown in my face. Take it back to camp. There are just too many youngin' around.

I have to agree. do what you want in your camp, but keep the big bellied girls away from my boys. :rockwoot:

When I first read this post I just shook my head and said WHY? Now after reading the remainder of the posts I shake my head and say WHY?

WHY would you bring this to a family type area where age control is impossible. Second, why would you bring something that you are going to get hassled for right under the Law Enforcement Officers noses and than b*tch that "they shut you down" Last thing I had heard about the t-day incident was it cost you $1300.00 in fines and you were lucky that they wern't pushing stiffer charges against you. Now you want to come back and do it again?

I stopped going to comp hill on Thanksgiving 2005 just because of this incident. It showed me that all the things that I don't like happening at the dunes were there all in one place and by me going it was being a hypocrit.

So do what you want but I personally hope they write you, book you and take your rig as evidence.

I fight to keep Dumont open for my kids and grandkids and I don't want to see yahoo's like this ruin it for them.

Now I am off my soapbox!

well said terry :rockwoot:

Now I am off my soapbox!

Exactly

Now I am off my soapbox!

thank you terry :rockwoot: living in vegas you see enough!!!

Geez Comp at night is like some scene from Mad Max or Close Encounters anyway. I might take my kid over there say before 9 but no later....to damn dangerous over there at night. A stripper Pole or someone dancing on it is not my biggest fear for my child at night at Comp. I have never seen the stripper pole thing out there, I am pretty sure I would have to check it out if it were there but then after words I could act all righteous and indignant and say how horrible it was to see adults partying and acting crazy at night in the middle of the sand dune.

I say let the stipper pole stay but remove the steel marking off the finger dune poles!