Stripper pole

Well the difference is that if somebody wants to run by and show her Ta-Ta's then that's her decision to take that responsibility upon themselves. However if you bring a Stipper pole as a GATHERING spot then you take the responsibilities on.

It's not the one's,twoses we are talking about it is the creation of an "event" that causes the problems.

I used to go to comp hill all the time and I must say I must be unlucky cause the only naked I saw was some guy riding his 2 wheeler with a g string on a cold Halloween night, not much to see!

I agree about kids late at night but what about the influennce that this has on 14-16 year old kids that are allowed maybe for the first time to get to go to comp hill with their buddies? Drinking, fighting and DUI will cause problems and they could be an innocent victim. I really don't want somebody knocking on my M/H door to tell me that my kid or grandkid is dead cause some a-hole left the stripper pole all boozed up and macho'd and ran over them by mistake.

You might think I am a old fuddy duddy that has it out for comp hill, that's not true. I am older and have seen enough in the last 32 years of going to Dumont to see the changes and the prices that are paid for it. I just want to keep the place safe, clean and open. If you want to be an azz-hole go to glamis or better yet stay home and leave us true off roaders alone.

Im right there with ya Terry!!! :stirthepot:

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless, the point I believe you may be missing is the use of common sense when determining what really is acceptible public behavior. Would you be defending the use of a stripper pole in the middle of a grocery store? Of course not. And this should be no different.

I have a feeling these folks would LOVE a stripper pole @ the grocery store. That would actually be funny in the health food section! Or the condom and baby goods aisle...

I have never seen the stripper pole @ Dumont. Never seen one anywhere other than a strip joint, except this one time I was visiting a friend that was a fireman, and wouldn't you know it, THEY HAD ONE in the fire house. I didn't think that was very professional of them, but I did not say anything to him about it. Do you think it's right for fireman to have stripper poles built right into the station?

We were at the hill one night and saw these guys with the stripper pole in the back of the TH, and to be honest, everybody in my group as well as the random people standing around us looked at it like "What a bunch of :stirthepot: ". Take that stuff to Glamis, or Havasu............ :D

Edited by HappyHour

I have never seen the stripper pole @ Dumont. Never seen one anywhere other than a strip joint, except this one time I was visiting a friend that was a fireman, and wouldn't you know it, THEY HAD ONE in the fire house. I didn't think that was very professional of them, but I did not say anything to him about it. Do you think it's right for fireman to have stripper poles built right into the station?

"Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are" :stirthepot::laughoff::laughoff:

Have a stripper pole (fire pole) brings up good conversation just like a c*ck pit (flight deck) fot the pilots. I'm game.

it was stated that the pole was started as a joke for ones own personnel hang out spot so what created this into wanting to get a permit and set this thing up? was it the possibility of seeing that you can make some money by publicly exposing people. now correct me if im wrong if somebody wanted to go to an establishment and see naked bodies would they not have to pay a cover charge but also show ID to prove they are of a legal age so why in your right mind would you even consider bringing this to a wide open public place where you would have no control of the age of anybody seeing this. what exactly are you going to tell the BLM you want a permit for "a stripper pole" so you can have these naked people out for every man, woman and child to see. even if you do obtain a permit it doesnt mean that it is ethicly or morally right and they can still shut you down and kick you out without refunding your money just like anybody that may cause a violation. come on dude get real here and think about the real tragedy you are causing here. havent you read where some eco-terrorist organization wants to shut down dumont because of a little lizards home is threatend i do believe there is a post on this very forum about it hell it even made fox news. what do you think this would add to their arsenal of evidence to show what a bunch of no good, brainless (in there opinions) off roaders are doing to there forsaken land of lizard territory. we all work so hard to take out more trash than we bring in, contribute time to helping clean up the dunes to show how responsible we are and that we care about the dunes, and teach our youngsters the importance of cleanliness and safe duning so they to can someday pass it along to the next generation without it being taken away like the other dune areas that have been lost in the past.

it was stated that the pole was started as a joke for ones own personnel hang out spot so what created this into wanting to get a permit and set this thing up? was it the possibility of seeing that you can make some money by publicly exposing people. now correct me if im wrong if somebody wanted to go to an establishment and see naked bodies would they not have to pay a cover charge but also show ID to prove they are of a legal age so why in your right mind would you even consider bringing this to a wide open public place where you would have no control of the age of anybody seeing this. what exactly are you going to tell the BLM you want a permit for "a stripper pole" so you can have these naked people out for every man, woman and child to see. even if you do obtain a permit it doesnt mean that it is ethicly or morally right and they can still shut you down and kick you out without refunding your money just like anybody that may cause a violation. come on dude get real here and think about the real tragedy you are causing here. havent you read where some eco-terrorist organization wants to shut down dumont because of a little lizards home is threatend i do believe there is a post on this very forum about it hell it even made fox news. what do you think this would add to their arsenal of evidence to show what a bunch of no good, brainless (in there opinions) off roaders are doing to there forsaken land of lizard territory. we all work so hard to take out more trash than we bring in, contribute time to helping clean up the dunes to show how responsible we are and that we care about the dunes, and teach our youngsters the importance of cleanliness and safe duning so they to can someday pass it along to the next generation without it being taken away like the other dune areas that have been lost in the past.

Well Said Rich :stirthepot:

Stripper pole at DUMONT? PATHETIC. Take your adolescent behavior to GLAMIS. I can offer you this guarantee: I will personally do everything in my power to ensure DUMONT remains a place for the family. Your absolutely right! Let's give the liberal tree-huggers more ammo to shut us down! I can just see some of those pics on the floor of the senate when BOXER lobbies for closure. The argument has always been that the dunes constitute public lands for use by all ages.

I'll draw your attention to (2) two seperate California penal codes:

407:Whenever two or more persons assemble together to do an unlawful act, or do a lawful act in a violent, boisterous, or

tumultuous manner, such assembly is an unlawful assembly.

314: Every person who willfully and lewdly, either: 1. Exposes his person, or the private parts thereof, in any public place, or in any place where there are present other persons to be offended or annoyed thereby; or, 2. Procures, counsels, or assists any person so to expose himself or take part in any model artist exhibition, or to make any other exhibition of himself to public view, or the view

of any number of persons, such as is offensive to decency, or isadapted to excite to vicious or lewd thoughts or acts,is guilty of a misdemeanor.

If I'm out there and I see that lunacy, game on. I wont bother with the rangers....Ill locate SB Sheriffs Dept to prosecute. Get whatever permit you want.....

:stirthepot:

MY FAMILY AND I WERE AT COMP HILL HALLOWEEN 2005 WHEN WE SAW THE

TOY HAULER WITH THE STRIPPER POLE DRIVING AROUND. THEY HAD A HUGE

FOLLOWING. MOST EVERYONE WAS SO BUSY LOOKING AT THE GIRLS THEY

DIDN'T EVEN PAY ATTENTION TO THEIR SURROUNDINGS. I WAS AMAZED.

MY 15 YROLD GOT HIT BY A DRUNK DRIVER IN A TRUCK. WE WERE JUST

SITTING THEIR AND THE GUY PULLED UP NEXT TO US AND HIT HER.

MY FAMILY AND I WERE AT COMP HILL HALLOWEEN 2005 WHEN WE SAW THE

TOY HAULER WITH THE STRIPPER POLE DRIVING AROUND. THEY HAD A HUGE

FOLLOWING. MOST EVERYONE WAS SO BUSY LOOKING AT THE GIRLS THEY

DIDN'T EVEN PAY ATTENTION TO THEIR SURROUNDINGS. I WAS AMAZED.

MY 15 YROLD GOT HIT BY A DRUNK DRIVER IN A TRUCK. WE WERE JUST

SITTING THEIR AND THE GUY PULLED UP NEXT TO US AND HIT HER.

there were guys just running into eachother then high fiving eachother looking at the girls.

nastayy.

I love going over to comp at night to party, listen to some music, share some laughes with friends, watch the hill shooting action of the buggies, and for the most part...just have a good time in the sand because that's what I am there for. That right there is enough for me. :laughoff: No stripper pole required. :stirthepot:

Everything evolves in steps/increments. Glamis did not become the freak show that it is overnight... it took years for the increments to transpire.

Stripper poles, etc. is just a step/increment in that direction. What would be next?

Before I had kids, I didn't really care and enjoyed the spectacle of Glamis. Now that I do have kids and have matured, we have pretty much stopped going to Glamis just for this reason. The comprehensive element of Glamis (meaning that the activities that go on at Glamis attract people that do not enjoy and respect our sport of duning/offroading... they are only their to "party" and all that that entails without the close watch of authroities) is not what I want my family subjected to... at least on holiday weekends. Thousands of people travel from So Cal to Glamis (3-4 hours) without sand toys just for this purpose. Vegas is half this distance to Dumont and this would be just the beginning. Sure this same type of people go to Dumont now, but the numbers and percentages are still low compared to Glamis.

My point of all this is.... stripper poles would be the next step/increment in that direction and I don't like it.

When people ask why I stopped going to Glamis very much, my reply has always been that Dumont is more family oriented and I felt safer with my kids on quads there than in the unpredictability of Glamis crowds.

I'll fight to keep it that way!

since halloween of 05 when our pole became a real stripper pole it has been left in camp. we brought it out twice before that and nothing ever happend other then the random swing around it on the way in to get something to drink. so any one up for a real show with girls that accualy work for a strip club feel free to stop by the camp and yes its all privet, blocked off, so no body can see that is passing by our camp...

since halloween of 05 when our pole became a real stripper pole it has been left in camp. we brought it out twice before that and nothing ever happend other then the random swing around it on the way in to get something to drink. so any one up for a real show with girls that accualy work for a strip club feel free to stop by the camp and yes its all privet, blocked off, so no body can see that is passing by our camp...

I don't think you heard everyone right. We go there for the SAND, not the strippers. :stirthepot:

Do some people not appreciate the simplicity of friends and cold beers around a fire? I bet half the people around that scene don't even go duning. Damn wannabe duner posers. :laughoff::laughoff:

I really could care a less about a stripper pole one way or the other. weather there is one at comp or not wont change the fact that at night comp is full of crazy drunk people no matter what, one will see drunken idiots doing stupid stuff. I have never seen it set up @ Comp, but I have seen drunken idiots being drunken idiots there every single night I have been there.

SKYLLER!!!!!!!!!!!! Get a dictionary or spellcheck or something :laughoff::barf: it's hard to be taken seriously when your posts are full of typos and misspelled words. Sorry dude but it makes you look less than smart :laughing::bawl::flipoff:

privet = private :bawl: accualy= actually

Edited by Kens Colors

I really could care a less about a stripper pole one way or the other. weather there is one at comp or not wont change the fact that at night comp is full of crazy drunk people no matter what, one will see drunken idiots doing stupid stuff. I have never seen it set up @ Comp, but I have seen drunken idiots being drunken idiots there every single night I have been there.

SKYLLER!!!!!!!!!!!! Get a dictionary or spellcheck or something :laughoff: :jester: it's hard to be taken seriously when your posts are full of typos and misspelled words. Sorry dude but it makes you look less than smart :laughing::loser::contract:

privet = private :slap: accualy= actually

LOOK! WE HAVE A NEW SPELLING MONITOR! :laughoff: